View Poll Results: What would you do?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contact the police (= do nothing).

8 16.33%
  • I don't care how tired you were. You noobed out. Learn to ride UT!

33 67.35%
  • Find out where they live and demand for a new bike or else.

0 0%
  • Wait till you see them again and get redneck revenge. :O

8 16.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Almost Human
    Sep 2007

You be the Judge,,,

What would you do?

You be the Judge from UT on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    What the hell did they jabber at you when they pulled along side?

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    It was 6 or 7 male teenagers babbling something about a guy on a moped.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    It's almost embarrassing to post this. What a noob crash.

Oh, So Interesting!
    you ok?

Yeah, prolly should have stopped before the crash and removed sand from eye. I wouldn't think about it too much.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Cut up elbow and bruised. No prob. I'll be back on the bike tomorrow.

Thread Terrorist
    Looks like you were in the middle of the road... Although I could be wrong.

Looks like you fell in the rut, they had nothing to do with it.

Perhaps you should inquire about better tires, there's lots of experts on this board
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    "Best Tire for Front Range Ruts"?

skillz to pay billz
    could have been worse, the sand could have gotten in your 'gina

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Maybe I'm missing something?

Siince you've got the plate and car on tape, I suppose you could report to the aggressive driver hot line (*CSP). Then they're in the system if they keep up their antics.

Riding the road, stuff like this happens all the time. Unfortunate but true. Only difference is probably the dirt in the eyes.

But, if you did report to the police:

Police: What happned?
    You: These guys pulled up behind me, tooted their horn, then passed me on a dirt road. I tried to keep up with them instead of letting them go by and they yelled at me, then sped up and passed.
    Police: Then what?
    You: I got dirt in my eyes!
    Police: Is that unusual riding on a dirt road on a mountain bike? Did you stop? Did they threaten you after they passed?
    You: I couldn't see, but kept going until I hit a rut that I couldn't see, then I crashed.
    Police: Where was the car at this point?
    You: They were long gone.
    Police: So, you want us to do... what?

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckred
    Siince you've got the plate and car on tape, I suppose you could report to the aggressive driver hot line (*CSP). Then they're in the system if they keep up their antics.

Riding the road, stuff like this happens all the time. Unfortunate but true. Only difference is probably the dirt in the eyes.

But, if you did report to the police:

Police: What happned?
    You: These guys pulled up behind me, tooted their horn, then passed me on a dirt road. I tried to keep up with them instead of letting them go by and they yelled at me, then sped up and passed.
    Police: Then what?
    You: I got dirt in my eyes!
    Police: Is that unusual riding on a dirt road on a mountain bike? Did you stop? Did they threaten you after they passed?
    You: I couldn't see, but kept going until I hit a rut that I couldn't see, then I crashed.
    Police: Where was the car at this point?
    You: They were long gone.
    Police: So, you want us to do... what?

This is kind of what I was thinking. I might have missed something but it doesn't appear that they swerved at you or threw anything at you. Now if they had done something like that and you had it on tape it would be pretty cool, but it just looks to me like they where being jerks for yelling something at you. Cars on dirt roads throw up dust, it's a given, nothing to get upset about.

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006
    I would recommend:
    iPod
    Full face helmet
    goggles
    >2.3" tires
    You would be impervious to all distractions on said road.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm
    This is kind of what I was thinking. I might have missed something but it doesn't appear that they swerved at you or threw anything at you. Now if they had done something like that and you had it on tape it would be pretty cool, but it just looks to me like they where being jerks for yelling something at you. Cars on dirt roads throw up dust, it's a given, nothing to get upset about.
    Didn't necessarily swerve at me, but stepped on the gas, spun the tires and swerved back and forth to create as much dust as possible.

Please keep in mind I posted this thread in a half-joking mindset. I realize it's my fault for not stopping. But that still doesn't excuse the car driver from being an idiot... sometimes it's not what happened, but what could have happened, or what might happen to the next guy he does this to.

Have fun! Ride safe!
    UT

For the record, my mangina is just fine. I checked, no sand. And bald small block 8's at 60 psi ARE the best tires for the Front Range...

Stand back
    The video won't play for me, but I'm guessing from reading the other responses that it could've been worse - could've been in hickville, FL, and a carload of teens could've shot at a cyclist with a pellet gun, lodging one in the cyclist's arm. It happened to my dad, out for a road ride. I keep telling him they should come to CO during the winter instead, but the occasional snowstorms don't help my sale...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail
    But that still doesn't excuse the car driver from being an idiot...
    Wait... a car full of teenagers... acting like *****bags? Shocking...

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Wait... a car full of teenagers... acting like *****bags? Shocking...
    Ummm... having been arrested by my cousin "the sheriff" for driving a truck in which the preachers son was standing in the bed while going down the highway and mooning every old lady in sight, I know this story very well.

What was even funnier was my other friend standing next to him with a 6' piece of 4" flexible pipe stuck down the front of his pants ejaculating empty beer/coke cans... picture that circa 1983.

UT

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    [QUOTE=UncleTrail]Didn't necessarily swerve at me, but stepped on the gas, spun the tires and swerved back and forth to create as much dust as possible.

Please keep in mind I posted this thread in a half-joking mindset. I realize it's my fault for not stopping. But that still doesn't excuse the car driver from being an idiot... sometimes it's not what happened, but what could have happened, or what might happen to the next guy he does this to.
    [QUOTE]

Gul dang kids these days!

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail
    Ummm... having been arrested by my cousin "the sheriff" for driving a truck in which the preachers son was standing in the bed while going down the highway and mooning every old lady in sight, I know this story very well.

What was even funnier was my other friend standing next to him with a 6' piece of 4" flexible pipe stuck down the front of his pants ejaculating empty beer/coke cans... picture that circa 1983.

UT
    You're old.

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    The video won't play for me, but I'm guessing from reading the other responses that it could've been worse - could've been in hickville, FL, and a carload of teens could've shot at a cyclist with a pellet gun, lodging one in the cyclist's arm. It happened to my dad, out for a road ride. I keep telling him they should come to CO during the winter instead, but the occasional snowstorms don't help my sale...
    Stop using your Amiga.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

..ouch
    Maybe it's just me.. but if a car comes up behind me and honks then I would tend to get the fvck out of the middle of the road.

mtbr member
    Didn't look like spinning tires or fishtailing car to me. Maybe just the video... Looked pretty normal for a dirt road in dry conditions.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thump
    Maybe it's just me.. but if a car comes up behind me and honks then I would tend to get the fvck out of the middle of the road.

Since I pack heat when I ride I'd have popped a cap in their ass's for disrespecin' me.

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm
    Since I pack heat when I ride I'd have popped a cap in their ass's for disrespecin' me.
    Lyle?

Your bike is incorrigible
    I didn't see a spoiler made out plywood on the back of that car, nor was the sound system rattling the windows, nor did they have manly 18" with super low profile tires. Ergo, I don't believe you that it was teenagers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    See, and I get laughed at for wanting to open-carry a .45 on my road rides

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast