Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944

    You can thank me, then you can hate me...

    I knew that when I sold my two trail bikes in anticipation for the ski season at the beginning of Oct. that I would doom us to the beautiful weather we have had.

    But, I just ordered a new rig and I am certain that when it comes in, winter will arrive with its full force.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Alpine Dreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15
    Whatcha order? A Gary Fisher Rig?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine Dreams
    Whatcha order? A Gary Fisher Rig?
    Turner Sultan.

  4. #4
    skillz to pay billz
    Reputation: nOOby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,556
    been driving on dry pavement since the studs went on

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,416
    Nice- one of my favorite two 29ers. What color Sultan? Please don't open the box though. The day you do will see the influx of snowstorms. Open the box on Christmas Day!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Nice- one of my favorite two 29ers. What color Sultan? Please don't open the box though. The day you do will see the influx of snowstorms. Open the box on Christmas Day!
    Blue. Thanks to flowtron at Singletrack Factory my wallet is a little bit lighter today.

  7. #7
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    I hope you paid for expidited shipping!...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    I hope you paid for expidited shipping!...
    Barring a miracle from White Brothers, they won't get the Fluid 135 in time for the weekend.

    Then I go back to Michigan for the holiday...

    So, the earliest I am looking to ride it is likely the first weekend in Dec. and by then, we will like be under three feet of snow (knowing my luck)

  9. #9
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Barring a miracle from White Brothers, they won't get the Fluid 135 in time for the weekend.

    Then I go back to Michigan for the holiday...

    So, the earliest I am looking to ride it is likely the first weekend in Dec. and by then, we will like be under three feet of snow (knowing my luck)
    You wish! I think you're playing both sides of the fence on this one.

    Where in MI do you hearken from?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    You wish! I think you're playing both sides of the fence on this one.

    Where in MI do you hearken from?
    Bloomfield Hills.

  11. #11
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Bloomfield Hills.
    Ooh - very nice.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Ooh - very nice.
    Its alright. I got a good education growing up. My parents are moving to Chicago soon (and live out here roughly half of the year), so going back there will soon be a distant memory.

    Are you from the mitten?

  13. #13
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Its alright. I got a good education growing up. My parents are moving to Chicago soon (and live out here roughly half of the year), so going back there will soon be a distant memory.

    Are you from the mitten?
    Yah. Rednecksville.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Yah. Rednecksville.
    Kewadin?

  15. #15
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Kewadin?


    Naw - head straight north from your 'hood about 45 minutes.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles


    Naw - head straight north from your 'hood about 45 minutes.
    Fenton? Holly? Were you a member of the KKK?

  17. #17
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Fenton? Holly? Were a member of the KKK?
    Naw - head STRAIGHT north on M24.

  18. #18
    Thread Terrorist
    Reputation: IndecentExposure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,837
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Naw - head STRAIGHT north on M24.
    You know, if YOU were to head back to MI for the Holidays, the snow will come....

    Please, stay here!

  19. #19
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    You know, if YOU were to head back to MI for the Holidays, the snow will come....

    Please, stay here!
    Ummm... I am heading back. For a couple weeks. Right after Xmas.

  20. #20
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Bloomfield Hills.
    I own a Sultan.
    And married a gal from Bloomfield Hills
    And after spending $600 on a snowblower last January, it hasn't snowed since.

    That kind of makes us twins. But not really

  21. #21
    Thread Terrorist
    Reputation: IndecentExposure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,837
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Ummm... I am heading back. For a couple weeks. Right after Xmas.
    Then it will snow like mad after xmas.... I'll know what not to do (bike).

  22. #22
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,704
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    Then it will snow like mad after xmas.... I'll know what not to do (bike).
    You had better save some of that snow for me, fokker!

  23. #23
    skillz to pay billz
    Reputation: nOOby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,556
    it's snowed(trace) everyday since I built my low budget SS road/townie. thank me now!

    of course snowfall amounts are directly related to the amount you spend, hence the trace amounts of snowfall.
    Last edited by nOOby; 11-14-2007 at 08:31 AM.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Believe me, i want it to snow more than anyone else. I am ready to shed myself of the WROD and go for some good sufferfest tours, bag some peaks, and ski some decent lines.

    And it is forecast to do just that, incidentally right when I get my Turner and right when I leave to go home for the holidy.

  25. #25
    post-ride specialist
    Reputation: icegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,013
    Just to be safe & sure, you should sell all your ski gear and put the change into blingy upgrades for the new sled.
    Since when did Need have anything to do with this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •