DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Yo Ignazjr, K-ware, anyone else... Hall?

Anyone been to Hall in the last couple of days. I finally got the bike to replace all other bikes (see CO garage sale in classifieds later today!) and need to put a good ride on it early one of these mornings... or late late afternoons. Some other stuff I've hit the last couple nights has been pretty much an ice garden where one gear doesn't shine too well. Anyway, just wanted to check on the lastest if anyone's been up that way. Good to the bench at least? Thanks, S

Card Carrying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    Anyone been to Hall in the last couple of days. I finally got the bike to replace all other bikes (see CO garage sale in classifieds later today!) and need to put a good ride on it early one of these mornings... or late late afternoons. Some other stuff I've hit the last couple nights has been pretty much an ice garden where one gear doesn't shine too well. Anyway, just wanted to check on the lastest if anyone's been up that way. Good to the bench at least? Thanks, S
    The only way to ride Hall right now is early before the morning thaw, otherwise it would be a sloppy mess. Beyond the bench, it's hit and miss rideable for either snow or mud depending on temp/time of day as of yesterday.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    I was up there running on Sunday; up to the bench. Absolute slop and ice fest, made it difficult o even run in, much less bike. I'm betting it's still going to suck until later Friday/this weekend, unless you do it early in the morning when things are still frozen up.
    Even up there, it's not melting/drying quickly enough.

It's already torn to hell; how much worse do we wanta' make it.......

Anyone been up there since then?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Hmmm... sounds ugly. Yeah, I'd be going early early so I don't trash it, but packed ice is no good. If I do venture up there in the next couple days I'll post a conditions report. Thanks, S

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Hall still a mess

I went there today (thursday) hoping to ride but I brought my running shoes just in case. Well, I could tell from the parking lot that it was still muddy. So I ran up the trail and it was a slippery, sloppy mess. My guess is the trail still needs 3 mild, dry days before it's rideable.