mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Yeti dogbone bearing

Anyone know if there is a way to just buy one of the 4 dogbone bearings. I blew one up.

Anyone use the "tool" for swapping the bearings? Is it worth the $50?

Thanks!

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    Not sure about buying just one. It can be done by using long bolts and stacking sockets to push and pull the bearings.

Let us know if you find a source for single bearings.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Drive to the "factory" in Golden and ask them for one. (assuming the still make anything in Golden instead of Taiwan...)

My leg feels funny
    try http://enduroforkseals.com lots of bikes come with enduro bearings stock. FWIW I'd just replace all suspension bearings at the same time, they'll last longer if everything moves in sync.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    The bolt/socket thing is the reason I am replacing one. I blew the side out of one.

I just went ahead and ordered up the tool and bearings. I really do need new bearings all over and I need to do my wife's air sleeve still so I might as well have the right tool.

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Willys
    The bolt/socket thing is the reason I am replacing one. I blew the side out of one.

I just went ahead and ordered up the tool and bearings. I really do need new bearings all over and I need to do my wife's air sleeve still so I might as well have the right tool.
    Well if you do for some reason ever want to go grab a single bearing enduro sells them that way besides with the kits.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Saw you ordered one but I have one I'd let go for cheap if you want it, or anyone else for that matter....I sold all my Yeti's don't plan on getting another.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Are you selling the tool for pulling Yeti shock?

If it'll work for '08 ASR (if you know) I'll consider buying it...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chinkerjuarez
    Saw you ordered one but I have one I'd let go for cheap if you want it, or anyone else for that matter....I sold all my Yeti's don't plan on getting another.
    Bummer, I would have picked it up.

mtbr member
    Still need a bearing? I keep them in stock and I have all the tools to do it quickly. Give me a call and I can set something up. I have done MANY of them. Call me at Pedal Pushers Cyclery in Golden @ 303-365-2453 if you have any suspension needs. Eric
    pedal pushers cyclery : golden, co, twitter & facebook
    bikes by .: kona | transition | ibis | turner | moots | cove :.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks Eric, good to know for the future. I ordered a complete replacement set because mine are 6 years old now so it was probably time to replace them. The tool, however, wasn't in the package from Yeti. I don't know if they forgot it, if it is coming from somewhere else, or if it fell out of the (torn) package and Fedex is driving around with it. So if it does not show up soon I may swing by so I can get back on the dirt before it snows again.

Thanks again, you guys have been great.
    Patrick

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Does the tool safely remove the main pivot bearings (the big ones)? If not, any suggestions on getting it out and the new one without destroying my triangle?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I have a complete bearing press kit that I can safely and quickly replace pretty much all bearings in any application. I just did a complete O/H on a 575 just the other day. As far as getting the old ones out. You could try a socket and hammer. Make sure the OD of the socket is as close to the OD of the bearing. Put an extension on the socket so you can hit it firmly. The dog bone bearings are the touch ones to get back in in my opinion. I have an arbor press in the shop and the right tools to get them in w/o damage. good luck and let me know if I can be of further service...we are a full suspension service shop! Except for nitro charging of rear shocks which will happen in the future.
    pedal pushers cyclery : golden, co, twitter & facebook
    bikes by .: kona | transition | ibis | turner | moots | cove :.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    If the tool kit from Yeti does not remove and install the main bearings I will swing by this week to have you do it.
    Thanks