Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Living the High Life

YEAH, Its the mt bikers fault fo' sho'

I snapped this on Monday riding GM. Real helpful buddy.

And here's another picture of a hawk eating a bunny outside my work!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Bad Andy
    Wonder if he's vandalized the trail too? Or just other public property?
    What trail is it?

Living the High Life
    I don't know the name, it was the middle climb on the south face, it winds up and around and doesn't actually get to the fire road on top until you're on the west side of the tower and building. It has those little log water bars in it.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Let There Be Dirt

Damn

That guys got me beat. I've only been riding up there for 23 years. One of my riding buddies used to go 4 wheeling in his Land Cruiser up there 30+ years ago though and he doesn't get to do that anymore either....it just aint right.

Yappy little dog!
    Awesome! The raptors are really out in force right now. Check out the eastern side of NTM to really catch them in action, but PLEASE honor the area closures posted.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    I sure hope that wasn't box o rox wouldn't want to dissapoint the t.i.t.s. crew!!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Your retarded
    What the heck is he even trying to say? I read "I've walked this ridae ↑ for 25 years!! No bikers there. Keep open!!" Sorry buddy, but you lost me with "ridae."
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^ "ridge"
    Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll
    ^^^ "ridge"
    Well now he makes sense... even if his logic doesn't. That social trail was probably closed because enough people started traveling it that the impact was too great for nature to sustain on its own. Bikes have no more to do with it closing than any other user of that trail. Whatever...
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

Let There Be Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Well now he makes sense... even if his logic doesn't. That social trail was probably closed because enough people started traveling it that the impact was too great for nature to sustain on its own. Bikes have no more to do with it closing than any other user of that trail. Whatever...
    Your'e right. Its a matter of the increasing population using the old motorcycle trails and jeep roads, social trails that were there even before THAT guy discovered GM. Before '86 there weren't even any houses west of Bear Creek Parkway.

That's probably the same guy that was booby-trapping the singletrack a few years back.

eci
    i've been walking that trail for a measily 5 years. in those 5 years that trail has gone from single track to dual track. why??? bc green mtn sees way too much traffic and it has increased over the years. F'in idiots

Let There Be Dirt

Its only my opinion

but the what I see as the biggest problem on GM is trail users of all types using the trails when they are soft and muddy and refusing to hike/ride through the mud and widening the trail. The trail around the base from the fireroad to the Utah Ave. trailhead used to be SINGLEtrack as well.

Bad Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by BSIDE
    but the what I see as the biggest problem on GM is trail users of all types using the trails when they are soft and muddy and refusing to hike/ride through the mud and widening the trail.
    I agree with BSIDE's opinion. And not just the mud thing, but passing other users off the trail rather than stopping and waiting

Living the High Life
    This wasn't a double track trail, it was a smaller one off the clear path. I'd have to show some one in person I guess. There are lots of trails around GM that don't look official, this was one of them I'd guess. I'm just not sure why its specifically mt bikers fault.

The really steep ride on the west side was also closed, what's with that?

hehe ...you said "member"
    It's the singletrack that goes from the fenced-in utility area above the GM trail on the south side and connects up to the top section of Heyden trail. 95% of that trail is in great shape - in fact, it's covered with so much stone that it gets very little traffic. The lowest section above the fenced in area is simply washed out from snowmelt, it has nothing to do with bike, foot or any other kind of trail traffic. It's simply one of those closures due to not being "sustainable" from washout and it's steep grade. (just like the trail closures on the west side)
    As for the writing on the sign, consider the source ... the guy that writes that stuff on a trail closure sign has issues that go WAY beyond a simple "have a nice day" when you meet him on a trail.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Living the High Life
    COME ON! No one cares about the hawk eating a super cute bunny!?

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    I felt like if I would have chimed in, it would have been inappropriate..but I think it's pretty badass..

hehe ...you said "member"
    LOL ... my bad ... that is a cool picture, guess it just doesn't stoke the fire in us like some unhappy schmo scribbling on a sign ...
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Thread Terrorist
    bwwwaaa ahaa haa haa haaaa!!!!!

i need a beer

Bad Andy
    Just glad it wasn't my daughter's cute little bunny.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by andychrysler
    Just glad it wasn't my daughter's cute little bunny.
    So is your daughter.

If the hawk were eating this guy, we'd have something to talk about. Man, that mouse pisses me off. More than unicorns even.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    I felt like if I would have chimed in, it would have been inappropriate..but I think it's pretty badass..
    Fine fine, the rest of you don't think its cool. I just always like to see the food chain in action.

Your retarded
    Fine fine, the rest of you don't think its cool. I just always like to see the food chain in action.
    I'll let you watch me eat a PBJ for $2. I'll do it naked for $5.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    I'll let you watch me eat a PBJ for $2. I'll do it naked for $5.

Let There Be Dirt

For your viewing pleasure

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/k...ts-rabbit.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast