Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

WTF!? Stever Larsen dead of heart attack?

2K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  Intenserider2 
#1 ·
#9 ·
crd said:
Everyone get a god dang physical, like now!
I wonder if any physical would have helped. I am sure he still appeared healthier than 99% of the population, so unless there was a blatant murmur or something similar....

Scares the shittles out of me, because I am nowhere near the shape these guys were in and I go 180's all the time.

#14 ·
That story actually freaked me out a bit as well. It's like, if a triathlete could drop dead of a heart attack, what chance do I have? Then after hearing he didn't die of a heart attack, but due to something else (allergies, cold, virus) it made me feel a little more at ease. Still can't hurt to have the ticker looked at when we all go in for a physical.

#16 ·
I remember in the Mercury tour he took a wrong turn up on the divide trail and rode out to Long Lake with the helocopter following, when the trail ran out, he jumped off the bike and had to turn arouond and backtrack. That and the mess of flats that cost him the spot in the olympics will always stick in my mind as classic 90's racing blunders. The kind all of us experence if you race.

He was a great athlete, and will be missed.

RIP Steve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.