killin clear creek

And the work begins

It's taken us a year to get to this point, too much BS dealing with the house itself, but finally got stated on what's important... the trails!!!

I know I could get more out of more of DJ style hits, but I want it to be more big bike friendly.

Got it built right in front of my "storage shed"

Just getting started, got about 100+ yards of jump track from the fist hit to my side lot, then we'll work our way up the hill. This will be the first hit after reaching the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Sweet! Looks great!

I'm at the same point. After working on the house and the patio for a year, I'm finally starting to get to the trails side. I've got one roller in, but I need to build some trails to connect it and some berms, jumps, easy stunts, etc. to make them fun. Keep posting your progress--it's good motivation for me!

..ouch
    Nice.. I see plenty of room or a bbq / bonfire / dig day around there.

Btw - I'll be up soon to GPS that run and post it online for ya'.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    elitist! how dare you build trails like that on your own property!

(looks great!)

killin clear creek
    figured there'd be a smartassed remark or two...

if it's a hot day, the mine is usually nice & cool, good way to get out of the heat. I just need to move some of my solar lights up there for the shaft.

I've actually got a big 'ol firepit on the other side of the creek, we just need to get more done so we have enough to make it worth inviting some folks up to ride. It's boring riding by yourself... no eletists here!

I'd also like to get somebody that knows how to set up sequences better for flow, I've built tons, but it's always been on a trail working with what's there, not on a track where it's hit after hit. This work on the road is pretty different from what I'm used to.
    Planning on building more ladder bridge type stuff too, that's more my kinda building.
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by backcountryislife
    figured there'd be a smartassed remark or two...
    I feel sad, they were really too predictable.

we just need to get more done so we have enough to make it worth inviting some folks up to ride.
    I've felt the same way. Been trying to finish re-working my pump track and get at least one jump line in prior to hosting a crew, but it's probably going to take all summer digging by myself with limited free time. I know of two other folks along Peak-to-Peak in the same situation. I'm thinking we should group together and switch off so we can just spend a few weekends and knock these out. I'm happy to dig in return for beer even if there's nothing ready to ride. We all have a few nearby trails to hit during breaks anyway.

PS - If ladders are your thing, I'll soon have plenty of spare trail lumber available for folks willing to tear it out of a house that's already stripped down to the framing.

killin clear creek
    Quote Originally Posted by thump
    PS - If ladders are your thing, I'll soon have plenty of spare trail lumber available for folks willing to tear it out of a house that's already stripped down to the framing.
    I actually buy bundles of slab wood from the mill in Kremmtukky, you get a 5' round X 7.5' roll of wood for $5. I use it for kindling at the house, but it works extremely well for ladder bridges & similar stuff, tons of 7.5' 1X material in a bundle, for $5 it's a great deal for doing trail work!

..ouch
    I actually buy bundles of slab wood from the mill in Kremmtukky, you get a 5' round X 7.5' roll of wood for $5. I use it for kindling at the house, but it works extremely well for ladder bridges & similar stuff, tons of 7.5' 1X material in a bundle, for $5 it's a great deal for doing trail work!
    Nice.. that's good info.

mtbr member
    Nice... looks like you got a lot of potential there. Looks like a better set up for more freeride type stuff than dj. Nothing beats some good backyard building.

killin clear creek
    Quote Originally Posted by flOw dOwn
    Nothing beats some good backyard building.

YUP!

No "user conflict" here

Just rode Angel fire this weekend, now I know what to shoot for for the trials...!

killin clear creek
    Got some more done.

Got rained out today at WP, so we took off early. Greg, Mark & I got some more digging done & we got the first hits in.

Mark

Got the landing done

The next hit is ready, just got to figure out what to do with it. Thinking of a step up to wood feature. Right now we're doing a small hip on it, but it has potential for more.

Heading up for first hit...

Anybody that's bored tomorrow afternoon, we're going to start running in the DH trail & I'd love to have someone else's opinion on where to run it. Gonna work on the jump trail too, but pushing the bike up gets old, we need a trail coming down!!

killin clear creek
    First hit... a bit long.

3rd hit, got it dialed.

Last edited by backcountryislife; 07-10-2010 at 09:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Looks good! Didn't see you guys at Trestle yesterday, but maybe we'll get out there and lend some hands next weekend.

killin clear creek
    Quote Originally Posted by flOw dOwn
    Looks good! Didn't see you guys at Trestle yesterday, but maybe we'll get out there and lend some hands next weekend.
    Always welcome!! Got space to camp, and the popup is set up too!

We got a bunch done, and got the next feature started today, I'll post more pics when we get the tree in place!! (them things are heavy as hell)

Looked for you, but must have been just opposite from you on the cycle.

friend of Apex
    I think tehBasin is sellin a few old chairs....

Slopestyle Rider
    Kaleb, you still have the same cell #? I'd like to come out and dig.

killin clear creek
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    Kaleb, you still have the same cell #? I'd like to come out and dig.
    Nah, I'd rather you not... I'd prefer it be just us two hacks making a mess of things!!

Still got the 720 number.

I'm just across the ridge from you now, the DH run could turn & go towards your house if we wanted it to!! Mark & I ran it in a couple times yesterday, got some issues with one neighbor that rerouted the trail a bit (mostly me thinking my property line was a LITTLE farther uphill than it was!) so we need to figure that out. Got about 900 feet of elevation drop to the house.

killin clear creek
    Got the ladder bridge rough drafted tonight.

Got a lot of supporting & bracing to do, but the broad strokes are there.

Got a side drop to the right, and the right tree kicks up & we'll have a wood kicker at the end, should be a good feature for slowing things down a bit, the first jump is a bit too fast for the amount of space that we've got.

I'll be digging/ building after riding on sat, hoping to have a hittable feature by the evening if anyone wants to come & play after the resort.
    btw, I'm a good cook & will gladly feed folks who help dig!!!

Slopestyle Rider
    Looking good...