mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Woodland Park options

I'm going to be in Woodland Park area (actually GMF) the first week of July, and will be bringing my bike with me from the Seattle area. I've done some riding out there, but not a lot: Rampart Reservoir, Section 16 (I think that's it), some Colorado Trail riding out past Deckers, a bit on Rainbow Trail somewhere down south.
    I'm looking for some more riding within about 1 & 1/2 hour drive. Would consider driving towards Buena Vista or Fairplay, if there is anything good out there.

Thanks,
    Uhlie

ride
    Give Paul a call at Team Telecycle, the local shop down there. He's a cool guy and will set you straight. Here's a link to a sampling of trails on his website:
    http://www.teamtelecycle.com/trails.html. I'm sure he can give you info on some more riding down there, too. I've done some motorcycle enduros down there (long ago) and you could link together some big time all day stuff.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

WP Riding

Give Lovell Gulch a try...it is a short trail so you may even want to run the loop twice. The climb is nice and steady, the down hill is a lot of fun (very fast) with some good water bars for airing out on. Also give some of the trails between Divide and Cripple Creek a shot...lots of good stuff over there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Try the network of trials Northwest of Woodland Park known as 717. It covers around 40 miles with lots of optional roads and trials off that network. You can access it from North of Divide or just West of Woodland Park. TeamTele can give you more info on the network. It is multi-use so expect ATVS and motorcycles.