Got single track/speed?

Upset Woman only gets 3 years for murdering 2 cyclists

Apparently you can be doped up and not wearing your glasses and only get 3 years in jail.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_12546321?source=rss

No amount of time in jail would have made it right, but 3 years just isn't right.

-Chuck
    Last edited by chuckjoga; 06-08-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckjoga
    No amount of time i jail would have made it right, but 3 years just isn't right.
    Would the maximum of six years make it less not right? I'm going to flip the coin over and say that I'm thankful a sentence closer to the minimum of probation (I think) was not chosen.

The reality is that there is no way of looking at this doesn't make it a crappy situation.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    Yeah, nothing would make it right. I pass that spot all the time. So sad.

Thread Terrorist
    where's capitol punishment when you need it!

mtbr member
    What I really hope would come of this would be for more stringent and often driving tests when certain criteria are met. These criteria would include:
    -advanced age. Maybe over 65?
    -Chronic med prescription that lead to motor skill impairment.
    -Eyesight deterioration.

mtbr member
    That was a sad day. My thoughts go out to the families.

mtbr member
    If she had a couple joints on her within 500 feet of a public park, she'd have gotten 10 years...just sayin.
    This won't hurt a bit...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Crit Rat is right, we need to start testing more than once a lifetime for drivers licences.

Driving is a previledge, not a right, testing every 10 years would make people keep up to date with laws, and help correct poor driving habits. Convicted DUI/ExcessiveTicketeers/Veh.Manslaughter etc. should be rolling on restricted licences, or not at all.
    Last edited by sbsbiker; 06-09-2009 at 03:18 PM.

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsbiker

Driving is a right, not a previledge

And this is what's wrong with The U.S.

mtbr member
    WE Americans often confuse necessities with rights...but then we confuse necessities with luxuries and preferences to make all our luxurious preferences rights.
    This won't hurt a bit...

Living the High Life
    That's sad and makes me angry. 2 people dead because some one was drugged up and shouldn't be driving.

A friend from college back in WI got his head on by a guy in his 70's with Alzheimer's that shouldn't have been driving. The old guy died in the crash, and didn't have enough insurance to cover Chad's medical bills. He was in a coma for months. Imagine driving home at night, the next thing you know you wake up months later to learn you've got $750,000+ in medical bills and the old guy who hit you had $100,000 in insurance and is dead. Chad's screwed financially for life.

Not to derail it, but older folks need to be checked for driving. This guy should have had his car taken away. This lady shouldn't have had something similar. Just because you take their license doesn't mean they won't drive.

My grandfather decided to stop driving a few years ago. He's responsible enough to realize he was getting to old to drive. Most old folks aren't like that though.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Not to derail it, but older folks need to be checked for driving. This guy should have had his car taken away. This lady shouldn't have had something similar. Just because you take their license doesn't mean they won't drive.

My grandfather decided to stop driving a few years ago. He's responsible enough to realize he was getting to old to drive. Most old folks aren't like that though.
    You're absolutley right, older folks do need to be checked for driving just like younger people need to pass a driving test. The cause of the problem is simply that old people vote and young people do not.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by afox
    The cause of the problem is simply that old people vote and young people do not.
    Definitely one of the causes. And not to take this into the political realm (I'm not expressing a conservative or liberal viewpoint here), but young people do need to get out and vote. I've missed only 1 presidential/congress/senator election ever. In reality though I should pay more attention to local and state government as well.

My wife went to a neighborhood meeting a few months ago. She said it was 75% senior citizens complaining to the police officer who showed up. Apparently most of his responses were "no, you don't need to call the police for that" or "why didn't you call the police at the time of the incident?"
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    In reality though I should pay more attention to local and state government as well.

My wife went to a neighborhood meeting a few months ago. She said it was 75% senior citizens complaining to the police officer who showed up.
    As a budding politician, I have been attending every community meeting I can for the past 6 months. At least in our community, those who show up, get heard. I know our council and city staff listen carefully to the citizen groups, committees and advisory boards.

The reason we have a community garden in Golden, they showed up.

The reason we will have a bike park in Golden, we are showing up.

www.bobvforward3.com