mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Winter Ride Above 9000ft

What are you riding for a winter bike in the High Country? I am riding a 26er with Nokian studded mount and grounds for my winter commuter/training bike and am wondering if there is a better set up. I am aired down and mainly ride on plowed roads but hit the trails when they firm up. Snowcats and big tires? Regular rims and Nokian Extremes? Got any experience out there?

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    I ride the same Mtn bikes I ride in summer. I have a K2 FS for XC and a AS-X for AM riding.
    Only change is a lighter weight chain oil and 10# less air in the tires.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    You can alway blow some cash and get a Surly Pugsley or if your frame allows, run a set of Large Marge tires or Nokian Gazallodis.

_MK

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If I add to my quiver of 5 bikes my wife will kill me. Plus the upkeep on the bikes I have now is daunting. What is the best fun factor that keeps ya from spilling and gives good float?

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radekal
    If I add to my quiver of 5 bikes my wife will kill me. Plus the upkeep on the bikes I have now is daunting. What is the best fun factor that keeps ya from spilling and gives good float?
    Some FAT TELE's.

Seriously get some fat DH tires or ride where the trails are dry. Like 5xxx foot in elevation.