Mojo0115
    Nov 2004

Winter Park Trestle Series - fridays?

Are the Trestle gravity events seriously on Fridays? (except the last one)

http://www.trestlebikepark.com/events.html

Living the High Life
    Have you looked at the crankworx schedule? DH on Thursday They scheduled me right out of the race.

oh, wait

people would rather watch slopestyle, crap
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Awesomist™
    For more information about the Trestle Bike Park Race Series, including registration, fees, races times and course details, call the Competition Center at 970.726.1590 or email ccenter@skiwinterpark.com.
    I'd call and complain.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Have you looked at the crankworx schedule? DH on Thursday They scheduled me right out of the race.

oh, wait

people would rather watch slopestyle, crap
    That is odd. DH and DS are on thurday, with practive on Wednesday and TBD. As much as some might love taking time off, I don't think it's realistic to see a big showing from the working class. As this is nothing more then a fun race, I don't consider this the end of the world, but if 'other' promoters can squeeze it all into a weekend, why can't Winter Park?
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    Looks like I need even more vacation days...

DenverDH'er
    It was on Thursday last year too, I think. Is it going to be on Mountain Goat again? IMO that's not a good
    trail to have a DH race on.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hey all,

The Trestle Bike Park Series is designed to be a grassroots series to get locals and Front Range riders to try gravity racing. Start times are 6pm. Hopefully this will give folks a reason to get out of Denver early on Friday, enjoy a fun race, ride the Bike Park later on Freeride Fridays (lift open until 7pm) and then grab a beer and enjoy the new Village. Finally, weekends are usually already filled up with other obligations and/or interests so Friday night seemed like a good alternative.

FYI - Bike Park tickets on Freeride Friday’s from 4-7pm are $15, and the half-day price ($24) includes the extended hours.

As for the Crankworx schedule, my aim was to highlight DS on Friday after the Best Trick event where we will already have a captive audience. As a result, I scheduled time trials on Thursday. Then based on feedback from last year, competitors wanted to have events less spread out (over too many days). This schedule will allow the DH’ers and the DS’ers to compete in both events on one day. Then, when somebody makes finals they will only have one additional day of racing. With the same reasoning, we have grouped the XC and SDH over a two day period to keep those races over only a two-day period as well.

Happy to answer any more questions.

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TrestleBP
    Hey all,

The Trestle Bike Park Series is designed to be a grassroots series to get locals and Front Range riders to try gravity racing. Start times are 6pm. Hopefully this will give folks a reason to get out of Denver early on Friday, enjoy a fun race, ride the Bike Park later on Freeride Fridays (lift open until 7pm) and then grab a beer and enjoy the new Village. Finally, weekends are usually already filled up with other obligations and/or interests so Friday night seemed like a good alternative.
    Good idea, that does make it easier to fit into my schedule.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Glad to hear it!

Other goal of the Trestle Series is to bring more gravity racing, as a whole, to WP as we begin to build-out our new trails. This way, as our bike park is growing we are continuing dialog with racers of all levels to grow the sport from the first-timers to the seasoned vets...

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa
    Good idea, that does make it easier to fit into my schedule.
    Ditto. a 6pm Friday race is actually hugely attractive as I can drive up after work, get some race on and then hang out and stay in WP friday night before deciding what I am riding the next day.

And $15 extended play is the gravy that will get me there regularly.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by TrestleBP
    Happy to answer any more questions.
    So why Thursday for DH? Most of my team will miss it now.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    It came down to trying to have DS and DH on the same day and to set-up DS finals to be held on the same day as Best Trick (Friday). Having a DH on the weekend didn't work because the number of vollys (marshals) needed for the cross country race (700+ racers) and the SDH, which last year when we held a SDH race on a weekend drew 175-200 athletes. Both of those courses require so many marshals that it is not feasible to have a DH the same day.

In the end, we have tried to balance all the feedback we have received and come up with something that will work.

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Use barbed wire instead of course tape on the XC and Super D courses. It almost eliminates the need for marshals, and introduces a level of danger both sports lack.
    Race Mojo Wheels | Read VitalMTB