contains quinine

Winter Park Trails

Headed up to the Fraser this weekend for a little get away time. Didn't want to mess with the resort and all the big bucks, so I packed the xc skis. I wanted to hit the Creekside/Flume loop, but that whole area is closed for pine beetle removal. What I got instead was climbing up the backside of Tippery. I've never played on the xc trails there in the winter, and now I can't wait to go back.

Anyone heard if they'll be done by summertime? The 6 feet of snow up there wasn't slowing the deforestation one bit,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Man that looks good........

mtbr member
    I've always wanted to try that. How was it? Could you ever get much speed on the descents? Or was it about the same amount of work either way?

Looks awesome, no crowds, no lift tix, but also no "free" hot chocolate chip cookies either...
    Biker? I don't even know her.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK
    I've always wanted to try that. How was it? Could you ever get much speed on the descents? Or was it about the same amount of work either way?

Looks awesome, no crowds, no lift tix, but also no "free" hot chocolate chip cookies either...
    It was a surprisingly mellow climb and descent. I only had to herringbone one or 2 times in over an hour going up, and had only one emergency butt plant to keep from crashing into trees on a tightish corner.

Turns out there's a loop that my 8 year old map didn't show - and I was probably minutes away from the intersection without even knowing. Bummer too, because loops are always easier than out and backs.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.