Crosley623
    Mar 2006

Winter Park - Saturday Morning Brewery Rides

I know this may be a little early (especially since riding won't start for many months yet), but I just wanted to get it out there.

I am working on opening a brewery in Winter Park. The plan is a small brewery and tasting room in downtown WP, super chill place to sit back and have a few beers and hang out with locals and tourists alike. One of the main things I am looking forward to is my Saturday Morning Bike Rides. I'm thinking meet at the brewery, ride from there, and enjoy some beers afterwards. I just wanted to throw it out there so that once biking season comes around everyone remembers. This will be perfect for Grand County locals and for front range (come on it's only an hour).

I've started a Kickstarter page. Hop on over and check it out:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ewery?ref=live

SIDE NOTE: I've searched for classified areas to drop some money to MTBR if this is spam. Moderator: please let me know what I can do to get some money to MTBR.

Cheers,
    Andy
    Hideaway Park Brewery

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crosley623 View Post
    I know this may be a little early (especially since riding won't start for many months yet), but I just wanted to get it out there.

I am working on opening a brewery in Winter Park. The plan is a small brewery and tasting room in downtown WP, super chill place to sit back and have a few beers and hang out with locals and tourists alike. One of the main things I am looking forward to is my Saturday Morning Bike Rides. I'm thinking meet at the brewery, ride from there, and enjoy some beers afterwards. I just wanted to throw it out there so that once biking season comes around everyone remembers. This will be perfect for Grand County locals and for front range (come on it's only an hour).

I've started a Kickstarter page. Hop on over and check it out:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ewery?ref=live

SIDE NOTE: I've searched for classified areas to drop some money to MTBR if this is spam. Moderator: please let me know what I can do to get some money to MTBR.

Cheers,
    Andy
    Hideaway Park Brewery

Good way to get business and in return show people new to trails there way around. Sounds good.

Awesomist™

Winter Park - Saturday Morning Brewery Rides

This is relevant to my interests, thank you for your insightful post.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Good luck with this. I'm up there several times each summer and will certainly look you up. What type of rides do you anticipate having, intermediate, advanced....?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    This is relevant to my interests, thank you for your insightful post.

Was not trying to be a dick, was saying that this is a great idea and that when i am in the area would definitely check it out.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Good to hear...

Any insight for us on the brewery? What kind of beer styles?
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I am great friends with Crosley (Andy) and will be helping lead the rides. I think the rides will vary depending on group, there is easy access to eye to eye and helis nuts (have to rebuild those due to logging), the new trail up idlewild to broken thumb and red gate, and easy access up to leap frog Ho Chi Minh area. We will change it up depending on group. My wife might lead a ladies ride if if needed. I will let Crosley talk about his beer and he is stoked to bring a good tasting room to WP! I hope to head down to the range and ride with some people this spring and could bring down some beer for people to try! C Lot party might have some kegs if you come up for that also!
    When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.

Crosley623
    Mar 2006
    My initial thoughts for the Saturday morning rides are something pretty chill to start with. If these rides evolve into a more advanced ride than we will continue with it. I really have to see where the interest falls and how much turnout there is and we can decide on riding trails after that.

My plans for regular beers are as follows:
    Rye Stout - good clean dry stout with a great rye flavor
    West Coast IPA - traditional ipa with some New Zealand hops for good island flavor
    golden Ale - traditional light ale. Something nice and clean
    spring Pale Ale - awesome crisp pale ale with more flavor/aroma hops than bittering

A few seasonals I have planned:
    Rye red ale
    Red Bavarian here
    Bourbon vanilla porter
    German hefeweizen

I'm stoked for the initial responses. I can't wait to get this rolling and get some regular rides going

Andy

a dad
    Jan 2004
    When do you plan to open?
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Crosley623
    Mar 2006
    I am hoping that I can be serving beer in June. There are a few variables that I have to deal with, mainly the TTB ( Feds). You know we can't rush the federal government!!

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by richccc View Post
    Was not trying to be a dick, was saying that this is a great idea and that when i am in the area would definitely check it out.
    No stress, I wasn't referencing you nor was I trying to be a dick. The OP's post IS relevant to my interests, and I am stoked to hear he's trying to get something like this off the ground. I've always wondered why there's no brewpub in the Frasier Valley. Best of luck, señor Andy and I hope to quaff a post-ride pint at your place this summer.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    I've always wondered why there's no brewpub in the Frasier Valley.
    Well technically there are a couple. Unless, of course, they've gone t**ts-up. Which I supposed is feasible.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    Well technically there are a couple. Unless, of course, they've gone t**ts-up. Which I supposed is feasible.
    toots up? tents up? twats up? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

I like beer and bikes so you have my empty glass's and my attention.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidmantis View Post
    toots up? tents up? twats up? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

I like beer and bikes so you have my empty glass's and my attention.
    I would guess he is referring to Moffat Station Restaurant and Brewery near the mountain and the Library Sports Grille and Brewery.

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    good luck!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    great news! I would be up for a mellow ladies ride. Though I have been off my bike about 5 years since having my kids.

mtnbikewp
    Oct 2005
    Crosley623, Look me up. I own a bike shop, Beavers Sports Shop and would love to be involved. I know Dallas pretty well. keith@winterparkskirental.com

lucky enough
    Are the Saturday rides happening?
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The brewery is hoping to open the beginning of July. Once it opens we will start the group rides. If you need someone to show you around up here I would be happy to take you on a ride. I will be gone this weekend but next weekend we could ride the new trail yankee doodle to broken thumb to twisted ankle and out red gate if anyone is interested.
    When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.

Agent of tang
    Aug 2005
    Hope that you succeed. Curious, though, on your kickstarter page you mention that WP is the only Colorado ski town without a small local brewery. Does The Library not count for some reason?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Just to be clear, I don't own or work for the brewery. I am just a close friend to Andy and am helping out with the group rides. I can't speak to why he said that. I know that the Library was started in Laramie and that is their main brewery/restaurant. They do brew up here and that would classify them as a local Brewery. Andy is super busy trying to get open so I don't think is really monitoring social media stuff right now and that is why I am responding. I have not spoken to him so this is just me responding.

lucky enough
    Might as well chat in two threads about rides here. You mention the new Yankee Doodle trail (and broken thing and twisted ankle). I may be up that way tomorrow, is there any map or GPX track of this trail? What's it like and how long?
    "Don't take life so serious, son . . . it ain't no how permanent." - Porky Pine