"the" fashion advisor

Winter Park/Fraser Conditions for early July

Hey folks, headed out to WP/Fraser for the 4th and will of course have the mountain bike along. How are conditions now? I know there is quite a bit of logging going on--wondering about Tipperary, Flume, Zoom, St. Louis Creek area as well as stuff linking WP to the resort, i.e. Blue Sky, Ice HIll etc.

Anything new and exciting/off the beaten path I should be hitting? I also do some riding back up of Cty Road 8/behind Devil's Thub Ranch--back up through there to Broken Thumb etc.

Any suggestions to hit/stay away from? Post here or a PM is great, thanks!

DRT
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    The valley stuff has all been fine (Tipperary etc...) There is some logging going on nearer the resort (Chickadee was closed the other day). Twisted Ankle and Broken Thumb are good to go although Corona Pass was still closed before the top the other day. The logging scene really seems to change quite fast...

"the" fashion advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by DRT View Post
    The valley stuff has all been fine (Tipperary etc...) There is some logging going on nearer the resort (Chickadee was closed the other day). Twisted Ankle and Broken Thumb are good to go although Corona Pass was still closed before the top the other day. The logging scene really seems to change quite fast...
    Thanks for the info.

Any suggestions on route once I hit the top of Broken Thumb? I frequently ride up there from our place down on County Road 8 and once I hit the top where it spits out (I believe) on the Rollins Pass Road I've always sort of turned around and headed back at that point--wondering if there is more single track up there I should be hitting/exploring. Appreciate the update.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I've been riding St. Louis Creek area (Zoom, Chainsaw, Creekside, etc.). All of those trails are in good shape. Rode to the top of Fools Creek about a week ago and their were a number of trees down along the single track from the top.

We removed some, but need a chain saw for most.

Regarding Broken Thumb, head in to Totally Wired, Doug recommend some loops for me that extend and connect to the idyllwild trail network.
    I don't know the area well enough to to give directions, sorry.