Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Winter Park, Congrats on RAINMAKER!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  elder_mtber 
#1 ·
I got up to WP for the 1st time in the last 2 years and was really impressed, esp. the new trail Rainmaker. By my 3rd time down it I was clearing almost all of the jumps, and it just FLOWS when you get it down right. It's like Silky Johnson's big brother, except the jumps are all trail-speed, which is really cool. I feel like I got better at jumping and railing berms riding today. Even though I really like steep and rocky stuff at Keystone, WP's style of trail is a lot of fun and I'll definitely be back. Next Saturday probably. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
yes, yes and yes. I was there today also. Did you make it over to the new No Quarter? the first two drops are nice and the third is a slow roller....unless you like to land flat. I also liked the new section that was put in so you didn't have to ride the gravel road, for part, from the end of RM/middle long trail to boot camp.

#3 ·
Rainmaker does not suck at all!!!

Looking forward to upper rainmaker solidifying a bit, should be a fun one as well! Guys were out there working on it today, last night it got nasty muddy!

Today was the first day that I've cleared & felt smooth on every jump there, had a great day today!

#4 ·
Another thing I was just thinking is that rainmaker is about 95% dialed and its a new trail, you don't pedal or brake much at all, and all the jumps seem to take a similar amount of speed (relative to what's possible on that section of trail), and a similar amount of pop off the lip to reach the backside. That's really impressive, must take a lot of practice to be able to do that...

coldsteele, I did not hit No Quarter but I'll put it on my list for next time.

#5 ·
Here is Upper Upper Rainmaker. I guess this is really now Upper Rainmaker from five points, then there is Middle Rainmaker which we all knew and loved as Jumptrail just a year ago - and Lower Rainmaker which is what this thread is about. Anyway, Upper Rainmaker still needs to be packed in (you'll see us bog down) but it is a little more interesting than Long Trail from 5 points. I'm following SantaHeckler down.

http://contour.com/videoPlayer/VPlayerBasic.swf?customPlaylistURL=http://contour.com/xspf/node/102165/v3&autostart=false

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.