Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!

Ok the Spring 2016 thread is getting a bit old...and we finally have something other than "insanely dry and dusty" to report!

Night ride 10-11pm at Doudy Draw (23 degrees at the car at 10pm), more snow and ice than I expected, get going early or the usual mud patches will start getting sloppy. Some will just dry out since the soil is so dry, but there'll be some mud (got a few minor mud drops on the bike even this late). Studded tires could be nice (if you happen to have them handy), otherwise just watch your speed/watch for ice.

Springbrook north:
    Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!-img_9844.jpg

In the trees (note the long ice puddle):
    Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!-img_9847.jpg

Doudy Draw trail nearing the top:
    Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!-img_9852.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    First storm = first 20 car pileup of the year!

"Insert debatable comment about transplants ruining CO...."

ride
    Lyons report - not as much melted out yesterday as we'd hoped. Picture Rock is still a little snowy. Hall is thawing out nicely though.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Anyone hit Buff Creek since Thursday's storm?
    New to Colorado since 1993.

mtbr member
    Curious about Buff as well.

Ride Everything
    Thanks for the update and photos. Glad I postponed tomorrow's Springbrook / Doudy Draw ride.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    MW/Dakota Ridge stunk today! 😉
    Guerilla Gravity stable: Megatrail, Trail Pistol, Pedalhead

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Heading there now. I will let you know around noon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coyotegulch View Post
    Heading there now. I will let you know around noon.
    There? Which there?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Rode Buff Creek starting about 7:45 AM. 60-65% hero dirt. 35-40% ice, snow, slush all easily passable and worth the drive. Used the fat bike, but any bike would do.

mtbr member
    Thanks CG. Let's see what Tuesday's storm drops...

Moosehead
    Apex Sat 11/19 3PM - Argos/P&S/Gstake largely hero plus packed snow spots, Apex still snowy. Many tracks shown by the time I showed.

White Ranch Sun 11/20 1PM - Bottom flats mixed slop/slushy/dirt to fence post plus another 200 yds, Belcher dry, Mustang surprisingly good dirt plus some slight slush.

mtbr member
    As reported, Buff Creek is very rideable. There's still snow and slush but the mud in shady or north-facing sides of the trails doesn't turn into derailleur-destroying peanut butter, and cleans easily post-ride.
    New to Colorado since 1993.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Mule Deer loop at Golden Gate is half dry, half shallow snow/slush/damp sand. Barely any mud, wouldn't even register as mud in wet season, but your bike won't be spotless. The slush will probably become some nasty ice overnight, then they expect a couple more inches Monday night/Tuesday. I'd bring "skinny" (aka 2-inch-ish) studded tires. The whole front side is pretty much perfect damp dirt. You could easily do out-and-backs each way on the loop from the pond trailhead and never even touch snow.

Here's some photos near/at the top of the loop, this is about as "deep" as the snow gets:

Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!-img_9918.jpg

Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!-img_9921.jpg

Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!-img_9922.jpg

Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!-img_9937.jpg

mtbr member
    Mt Falcon, Sunday 11/20 around 1 PM. 70% bone dry. 20% packed snow. 10% wet snow/mud. Very rideable. Most of the exposed bits on Castle Trail were perfect. Only rode up from the bottom to the top of Tower Trail then back down. Didnt do Parmalee becuase its almost all in the shade and we figured it would be really wet.

Bike got pretty splattery, but no thick mud or anything like that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    On Monday 11/21 Halls Ranch in Lyons is bone dry / hero dirt. Actually I don't remember better conditions on upper loop.

mtbr member
    Monday afternoon, NTM was 90% dry, 9% hero dirt, and 1% heroine dirt. It's raining right now in Golden, however. Doesn't look like much, but we'll see,,
    Is this where I write something witty?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Betasso is now open through the weekend (it had been scheduled to be closed Mon-Wed). Of course tomorrow is Wednesday so no bikes. It generally takes moisture better than most other options (Walker, Golden Gate also both do well since they're mostly granitic/sandy).

Here's the tweet (on their home page, scroll down it's on the right): Betasso Preserve

Due to weather and mechanical issues #Betasso will be open through Sunday. Have a great Thanksgiving. #boco_trails

ride
    No measureable precip in Lyons - trails are in great shape! (hall and heil)
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Anyone know if oil well flats is snow free and if verizon works there? Wife is on call this weekend but we want to get a ride in.
    Front Range, Colorado

Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    Anyone know if oil well flats is snow free and if verizon works there? Wife is on call this weekend but we want to get a ride in.
    Going down there today. According to this it's good-to-go;
    Trails - Fremont Adventure Recreation

Been down there a number of times but can't remember what the Verizon signal was like

Colorado
    Oil Well was in great shape today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!-unnamed-1-.jpg  

a dad
    Jan 2004
    NTM -- best dirt since June today..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Hey guys, need quick input for tomorrow - is buff creek rideable?

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Rode Pic Rock for the first time since spring yesterday.

Traction was dirt perfect, you couldn't slide your tires if you tried.

Gobble some up!
    Kona Wo for Fat Biking, Ibis HD3 for Trail Shredding, Merckx Road bike for collecting dust

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Msingh View Post
    Yes it is.

Join the 303 Trail Monitor page on Facebook (if you have a FB account, that is). There's a lot of BS you have to wade through, but most all the trails get real-time updates on conditions when it matters.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    How's Batasso? I'm hoping to ride tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cannondale Super V700
    '14 Charge Cooker Maxi lefty and stuff

mtbr member
    Deer Creek and Rattlesnake Gulch are perfect.
    If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Msingh View Post
    Rode the IMBA big loop with scraggy and green mtn extras today, all good fun. Some snow areas but all rideable.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

Shread Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    How's Batasso? I'm hoping to ride tomorrow.

Looks good according to this recent update. Think I'll hit it up tomorrow since Benjamin is going Clockwise!

https://bouldermountainbike.org/cont...ils/conditions

mtbr member
    Did Hall Ranch today. Conditions were good.

Ride Everything
    How's West Mag looking?

mtbr member
    Snowy? Eldora got a foot last week, so hopefully you're asking about fat bike conditions.

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Snowy? Eldora got a foot last week, so hopefully you're asking about fat bike conditions.

Oh man, I didn't know that. Thanks.

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yes it is.

Join the 303 Trail Monitor page on Facebook (if you have a FB account, that is). There's a lot of BS you have to wade through, but most all the trails get real-time updates on conditions when it matters.
    Do you happen to know how long it takes for membership requests to be approved?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAVELBIKE View Post
    Do you happen to know how long it takes for membership requests to be approved?
    Took a day for me to be approved (last week!), but I haven't heard anything from the fatbike FB group (and it's been almost a week I think). I finally joined FB, but just to get trail conditions!

Speaking of which, Sourdough trail from the South end up to Brainard was great on a fatbike yesterday on the way up (in the middle of the storm!), but by an hour later on the way back it was getting enough drifts to wash out (and my track from earlier had mostly disappeared). Probably drifted to unrideable by midnight last night (80mph gusts forecasted)...and without the Thanksgiving weekend hiker/snowshoe crowds who knows how long until it gets packed in again...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by locoyokel View Post
    Took a day for me to be approved (last week!), but I haven't heard anything from the fatbike FB group (and it's been almost a week I think). I finally joined FB, but just to get trail conditions!

Speaking of which, Sourdough trail from the South end up to Brainard was great on a fatbike yesterday on the way up (in the middle of the storm!), but by an hour later on the way back it was getting enough drifts to wash out (and my track from earlier had mostly disappeared). Probably drifted to unrideable by midnight last night (80mph gusts forecasted)...and without the Thanksgiving weekend hiker/snowshoe crowds who knows how long until it gets packed in again...
    I've found it really hard to find "fresh tracks" on most of the trails in the front range. I bet it's good to go already.
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    I've found it really hard to find "fresh tracks" on most of the trails in the front range. I bet it's good to go already.
    Really? I've found the opposite problem last couple winters, really hard to find trails that were packed enough to ride. Guess I need to go to more traveled areas more often...

mtbr member

Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!

Took a day for me to be approved (last week!), but I haven't heard anything from the fatbike FB group (and it's been almost a week I think). I finally joined FB, but just to get trail conditions!...
    If you joined 303 then you are about to get a whole lot more than trail conditions. Vacation photos, snake photos, go get some photos, mud photos, being told how to ride, reports of $10k bikes not locked up being stolen from in front of bars, up to the minute reports on green Mtn, ........it is exhausting.

ETA- Chimney is dry except for a 20' dirty ice spot near the top. EF has 3 dirty ice spots. The very top, the short descent between the two climbs and from the bridge to the gut. The gut from EF down has a few ice spots until PnS then it's all dry.

Ride Everything

Thanks for the info. I sent a request a few days ago, but so far nothing.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by poonamibaxter View Post
    If you joined 303 then you are about to get a whole lot more than trail conditions. Vacation photos, snake photos, go get some photos, mud photos, being told how to ride, reports of $10k bikes not locked up being stolen from in front of bars, up to the minute reports on green Mtn, ........it is exhausting.
    Hilarious!

So it's a bipolar version of this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Dude, I'm in Illinois. The only place anyone would come from that would say this area is hilly is Kansas.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAVELBIKE View Post
    Oh man, I didn't know that. Thanks.
    I haven't been up there for about 10 days, but it was fat bike perfection on the Sunday before t-giving. I know they've gotten some more snow, but I wonder if it's still fat bike goodness for this weekend. I'd like to get one more hobbit loop in before I wait till June.
    Kona Wo for Fat Biking, Ibis HD3 for Trail Shredding, Merckx Road bike for collecting dust

mtbr member
    Which direction/route are you guys taking on west Mag?

Ride Everything
    Will Betasso be more ice than snow on Sunday?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    what did things look like today?

ride
    Inch or so of fluffy snow at Hall RAnch in Lyons today but mostly burned off by now. Same with Heil Ranch. Expect a few wet spots but in general good to go!
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Rode Heil (picture rock and the small loop), like a half inch on the climb, it was gone when I went down... Should be all good to go by tomorrow. Today was a good day if you don't like crowds !
    French line enthusiast and expat in Denver

I like bikes, I really do.

Colorado
    Oil Well Flats is mostly in good shape. Light snow in shaded areas makes things interesting in rocky sections, but it's all ridable. Island In The Sky is good-to-go.

ride
    The sun is coming out in Lyons so Hall and Heil are become a "ride when frozen" affair. There is a lot of snow to melt.

Peaceful Valley, on the other hand, has tons of new snow and is in process of getting packed out. Time for fatties!
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

slack jawed
    Just got back from an early morning ride at Heil. After riding up Wapiti I rode down to Wild Turkey but none of the weekday fatbikers had been there, so I turned around and did the Ponderosa loop.

I've got nothing witty to say....

My cup runneth over
    Rode south side of Green Mountain - mixture of lite snow pack and dry. started to get a little soft as it warmed up - got off - best when frozen still. Rode over and did a short out and back off dinosaur ridge road north on Dinosaur Ridge - some snow and water but completely fine. Bottom of Zorro looked wet assume north side entrance to DR also wet/muddy.

Colorado
    CMSP is good-to-go. Numerous patches of packed snow, but at these temps it'll pose no problems.

mtbr member
    Was hoping to get a quick ride at lunch today up Apex (Argos, PnS, SLuicebox). anyone have an idea what its like there?

My cup runneth over
    Rode Green Mountain Tuesday evening (frozen). South side lower green mountain trail and Rooney Valley trail all dry, John O Hayden trail mostly dry with some minor snow on the sides that might cause some run-off when warm. Summit Loop trail - mixed conditions, some dry, some lite snow pack and quite a bit of ice. Probably a few soft spots here and there on all the trails when warm that I didn't notice when frozen.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Has anyone rode MT Falcon? Planning on going tomorrow morning.

Cannondale Super V700

ride
    Just posted this on the Redstone FB page -
    "Lyons area trail conditions update! Hall Ranch - Bitterbrush is bone dry up to the loop. Antelope - no firsthand reports but expect mud in the usual locations. Same with Nelson Loop.

Heil Ranch - Picture Rock from the Quarry UP is in good shape, as is Wild Turkey and Ponderosa Loop. Picture Rock is pretty muddy. No reports from Wapiti but we suspect it's good based on the conditions of the loop.

Lefthand OHV - 286 is Good to 5 points. Fireman, 841, and 842 are all in good shape.

Fatbike - Ceran St Vrain is best bet right now. Brainard and Peaceful Valley have a LOT of snow and need traffic!"
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    The Nelson Loop should be closed... its super slushy and muddy before you even get up there. Although I guess it'd be fine to ride while frozen.

Definitely expect to get a little muddy on Bitterbrush, there are half a dozen spots that will slow your roll.

mtbr member
    Did you ride Falcon?

White is in good shape. You will get wet and a little muddy in a couple spots but there isn't any ice on the fun parts of longhorn or mustang.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Did you ride Falcon?

White is in good shape. You will get wet and a little muddy in a couple spots but there isn't any ice on the fun parts of longhorn or mustang.

I ended up riding Table Mt. I didn't have the time.

Cannondale Super V700

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Bobcat Ridge Natural Area CLOSED

Bobcat Ridge is closed to all activities due to the Bobcat Ridge Powerline Fire. Rangers will re-open the site once fire suppression efforts have concluded, and the site is deemed safe.

Thank you for ur understanding and cooperation during trail or site closures.

FCNA

mtbr member
    Deer Creek was pretty much a sheet of ice today. All the melt off froze this morning and is ice with no grip. I turned around and went home.

friend of Apex
    Deer Creek was pretty much a sheet of ice today. All the melt off froze this morning and is ice with no grip. I turned around and went home.
    Son, you are fail.

ride
    only a couple inches in Lyons. Hall and Heil should be good fatbiking and easily packed in!
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

It's carbon dontcha know.
    14ish inches at the top of Apex.

My cup runneth over
    Fairly decent packed-down on Green Mountain south side trail (Sunday afternoon). Didn't try and get to the top.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Marshall Mesa area is pretty good for fatbikes, but it might start getting slushy/icy soon (almost certainly tomorrow if it gets up into the '50s).

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Rode the north end of Dakota Ridge around 3:30 this morning (solstice 3:44 am). There were no other tire prints yet. It is drying out but has an icy center path from the hikers. While there's dirt or snow at the trail edges, it's pretty treacherous. Maybe a fat bike would come in handy for traction?

Hopefully most of the ice on local trials will be gone by the end of the week. It's a bit concerning if we're ending up with an extensive base of ice...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I hope Friday Mt falcon or Table mesa is ready

Cannondale Super V700

mtbr member
    Just finished running the west part of NTM. A lot of hard, potholed ice mixed with mud. Should be ok in the morning when frozen, but with the amount of ice, you might want a fat bike or studded tires.
    I don't know about the top or the south-facing parts.
    It will not be dry Friday. Need to time the freeze/thaw cycle now.

ride
    as of dusk today, Picture Rock trail at Heil Ranch will be closed thru at least Monday. Muddy.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Your bike is incorrigible
    Hall from Apple Valley side today. Decent but severely icy in spots down low in the switchbacks. Nelson gets an 8 out of 10. I rode it counter clockwise, and the first half was primo, nice packed snow with little ice. The other side wasn't horrible, but there were a couple of sketchy ice spots on the step downs.

Good God, three weeks of no biking made me super sucky!

P.S. Saw a couple guys riding up from the front on regular tired bikes. I'm thinking the front is getting a lot of sun and is dry.
    Last edited by Guyechka; 12-22-2016 at 07:48 PM. Reason: more info

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Anything within an hour of Denver rideable Friday? 2 hours? Buffalo creek?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    lake pueblo should be primo friday.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    That's such a haul

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G. Kahn View Post
    Anything within an hour of Denver rideable Friday? 2 hours? Buffalo creek?
    Buffalo Creek is always rideable. I haven't been out there since the snow but I would suggest 543 to gas house to charlie to sandy. Fatties and runners have probably packed it all down and there is never any worry of ruts and shit out there.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by djlee View Post
    Just finished running the west part of NTM. A lot of hard, potholed ice mixed with mud. Should be ok in the morning when frozen, but with the amount of ice, you might want a fat bike or studded tires.
    I don't know about the top or the south-facing parts.
    It will not be dry Friday. Need to time the freeze/thaw cycle now.
    Thanks for the response.

Cannondale Super V700

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Heading to Buffalo Creek this afternoon. I'll report back later
    Cannondale Super V700

Colorado
    Pueblo is mostly good-to-go. Still some snow and slop in some of the canyons, but everything else is fine. I suspect this weekend will be prime.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Buffalo creek sucked today. Perhaps if I had a fattie it MIGHT have been better but I doubt it. Had to hike up most of shinglemill. Snow has blown into the depression made by the trail and its crusty, icy and deep in places. Was able to ride /ski down Morrison creek - it's in somewhat better shape but probably no fun going up.

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by ltspd1 View Post
    Pueblo is mostly good-to-go. Still some snow and slop in some of the canyons, but everything else is fine. I suspect this weekend will be prime.
    I went Wednesday before checking conditions. There was more snow there than Salida got, and I felt like an idiot for assuming. Decided to just run the dog on the dirt road, but once I was out there I found that it was pretty much totally rideable. There was some mud but not sticking. My bike didn't even get dirty and I did Skull Canyon->Duke and back with the dog (Skull had actual not-melting snow). Then I put dog in truck and road Southshore to Driftwood->Inner->Outer->Antelope->Driftwood and back. Not messy enough anywhere to worry. I wasn't going to ride Voodoo though because it has one place that gets gumbo worse than anywhere else, and I heard from another rider that the creek crossing basin was messy.

I'm guessing today will be wonderful there, but tomorrow (Christmas Day) there will be the kind of wind that can blow you over. Monday looks decent but chilly and breezy early.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

ride
    Lyons area update: Hall Ranch - Bitterbrush is great. Antelope and Nelson loop are dirt/snow/ice but you should be good to go if it's cold outside.

Picture Rock is still closed.

Left Hand OHV conditions are good.

FAT - Peaceful Valley is decent but not great. Coney Flats is pretty good to the split but is not rideable from Peaceful Valley yet. SSV is mostly good from the trailhead on HWY 72 up to the double track. Ceran St Vrain conditions are stellar right now. No beta on Brainard
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Candlestick Maker
    Soda Creek to Flume in Keystone is in excellent condition. Tons of snow that is well-packed by snowshoers with very few postholes.

Just don't veer off the side of the trail, where the snow is deep and soft!
    Flume Trail by Brad Baker, on Flickr
    baker

My cup runneth over
    Green Mountain has long dry stretches with short mud pits on lower trails. Still quite a bit of snow on single track trails higher up. Dirt road to the towers is dry but nowhere to go but back down the same. Great everywhere when frozen but with ice.

My cup runneth over
    Did the Mt. Falcon/LOTB loop Wednesday morning (Fat bike, 4" tires):
    Mt. Falcon: Mixed conditions, icy and melty at the bottom through the water bars. Mostly dry through the switchbacks. Mixed packed snow/dry (~70%/30%) through the top, some ice. More ice on the wide trail to the top parking lot but manageable on the Fat.Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!-20161228_111045-0-.jpgWinter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!-20161228_111104.jpg
    Pics from near the top of Mt. Falcon

LOB: Mostly snow packed with short stretches of ice. Also lots of spot ice peaking through the snow. No sheet death ice like we often get in the trees.

Overall was pretty good on the fat bike, no falls/crashes but lots of caution, walked a couple of sections where caution won over valor.

I wouldn't attempt either of these trails on my trail bike - my lack of skill would have resulted in immediate fails on a lot of the icy sections.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Heil was real good - nearly 100% dry and all rideable (wapiti, ponderosa and little bit o wild turkey) - even better was the sun came out and no wind!

mtbr member
    Dakota Ridge is g2g. Would like to hear how wrigleys is if anyone makes it over that way.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Zorro access good to go?

Dakota Ridge is g2g. Would like to hear how wrigleys is if anyone makes it over that way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kamper11 View Post
    Zorro access good to go?
    A hiker said zorro was a mess.

mtbr member
    Bobcat Ridge in Loveland/FtC isn't worth the effort.... Powerline is rideable, but the Ginny Trail is a nasty combination of wind-blown snow and ice. It's going to be a while up there.

Your bike is incorrigible
    Just hiked Green Mt. Horrible! The trail up from Florida was ok. The trail up from the smaller lot was bad. There are 200 yard stretches of nasty mud. I would definitely not go out there unless it was frozen.

mtbr member
    Buffalo creek on the fatty was great today. Probably 50/50 snow/dry. Rode from buck gulch.
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Fort Collins Natural Area Closures

The Following Natural Areas are CLOSED DUE to WET and MUDDY CONDITIONS:

Bobcat Ridge, Maxwell, Pineridge.

Closures are also posted on the NOCO Trail Report web page.

https://gisweb.fcgov.com/Html5Viewer...trail%20status

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding during trail and site closures.

FCNA

mtbr member
    Hall Ranch this morning was freakin perfect. bone dry with a few tiny patches of snow. you wont find better riding on December 31

planning to hit Dakota ridge tomorrow. i know the ridge is good. anyone know how the Red Rocks trail is back to Matthew Winters TH?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Hall Ranch this morning was freakin perfect. bone dry with a few tiny patches of snow. you wont find better riding on December 31
    If only we could keep people from placing cheater rocks on Bitterbrush... it seems to be getting worse as more and more people ride it. I've removed them multiple times in the last few weeks, but they find their way back each time.

slow
    Fort Collins update::
    Good early, but don't get on Blue Sky if you can't be off by 11:00am. My return trip today at 11:30 was messy.
    Horsetooth Mountain Park:
    Towers is great as far as Carey Springs.
    Carey Springs and Loggers are mostly packed snow with some icy patches to keep you on your toes. Plenty rideable on 2.3 tires.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Picture rock is open today according to this twitter post yesterday, sounds like there's a bit of mud about 2 miles in, ride through not around!

Heil Ranch Ranger @RangerGrady
    Great News: Picture Rock trail will open tomorrow at sunrise! Expect stretches of mud or ice btw 2 & 2.5mm. Happy New Year! #boco_trails

Colorado
    Oil Well flats is in fairly decent condition. Still plenty of snow/ice on some of the north facing trails, but otherwise in good shape.

mtbr member
    Castle trail at falcon is g2g, a few spots of packed snow and textured ice but mostly dry.
    LotB is a mix of dirt, packed snow, and death ice.

slow
    Conditions in Horsetooth Mountain Park today were similar to what I posted for yesterday, but we als rode Spring Creek today. It was mostly good, with a bit of ice in the trees near the top.

Drew
    Any news on Dakota ridge?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast