Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Doudy/Springbrook are back open:

All OSMP muddy trail closures lifted as of March 7, 2017

ride
    100% of the trails at Hall and Heil are open and ready to go. There's still a little mud here and there so please ride thru not around
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Anyone know if there are any closures at North Table Mtn due to the South Table Mtn fire?

mtbr member
    NTM is not affected by the fire in any way, although you could see the fire pretty well yesterday evening.
    Is this where I write something witty?

slow
    In case anyone is headed north this weekend:

There are a couple of trees down on the Spring Creek trail in Horseooth, between Wathen and Herrington. I also hear another rider say that yesterday's wind downed a tree on the Westridge Trail in Horsetooth.

Upper shaded trails in Horsetooth and Lory State Park have some slush and some wet spots, but most everything is in good condition. Everything along the front side of Horsetooth Reservoir is dry and perfect.

I hear Devil's Backbone, Coyote Ridge, Blue Sky, and Indian Summer are mostly good, with a bit of moisture hanging on in the north facing drainage on the north side of the Indian Summer loop. Bobcat Ridge is also supposed to be mostly good, with some moisture at the top of Ginny and over in Mahoney Park.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I'm guessing it's gonna take a bit more time for buff creek to dry back out?

I rode up to conifer on earlier today on a road bike and there definitely is still a good amount of snow in the shady bits past 7k or so.

My cup runneth over
    Mt Falcon (only climbed to the top parking lot - didn't ride any of the trails at the top) - GTG - one small wet section in the upper trees
    LOTB - GTG - several wet/icy sections on the lower path. Single track 99% dry
    Green Mountain Box O Rocks & Summit Loop - GTG
    Bear Creek Lake Park loop - GTG

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Buff creek was great today. Nice Kitty, Scraggy to Shinglemill .
    When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Does anyone think we got enough moisture to impact the trail conditions at Hall Ranch, guessing not but i couldn't see the foot hills from home today

mtbr member
    Apex is mostly good to go but I'd steer clear of enchanted. Its maybe 75% dry but the wet parts are sloppy. I crashed hard due to the mud. Wish I'd just gone back down Apex at the top. Rest of the gut is perfect

EDIT - As of Tuesday evening, Enchanted is good to go. one or two mud spots but mostly perfect.
    Last edited by sooner518; 1 Weeks Ago at 09:16 AM.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Does anyone think we got enough moisture to impact the trail conditions at Hall Ranch, guessing not but i couldn't see the foot hills from home today
    Hall and Heil need moisture. They are both bone dry with the exception of just a few spots.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Anyone been up evergreen mountain? Good to go?

mtbr member
    Trails are good to go for clueless users wearing earbud headphones.
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

Ride Everything
    How's Betasso looking?
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    Smoky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Well winter is over. Trails are dry and a tad dusty. Busy as Grand Central station on certain trails. Get a bell bikers. We are at the point we all should have them. Bike shops should sell all bikes with them. Plus a trail etiquette course would be great. So many less experienced bikers out in the front range. Enjoy but don't take it for granted that the trail will always be open if we don't follow basic rules.

Cheers!
    99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

mtbr member
    You're preaching to the wrong crowd on here.

mtbr member
    Ding Ding FB 303 Trail Monitor Language. We don't need that here, please. Stay the course amigo... Ding Ding

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You're preaching to the wrong crowd on here.

You honestly think there are no lurkers reading this?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the need View Post
    Ding Ding FB 303 Trail Monitor Language. We don't need that here, please. Stay the course amigo... Ding Ding
    You don't need what? Is this the too cool for school crowd? Hate to break it to you that mountain biking is mainstream.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erEverything View Post
    Trails are good to go for clueless users wearing earbud headphones.
    Wow, I'm not the only one that sees this. I rode up on a bro checking facechatogram at the bottom section of Apex Saturday. Just a bummer in general, ride safe and have fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by litespeed74 View Post
    Wow, I'm not the only one that sees this. I rode up on a bro checking facechatogram at the bottom section of Apex Saturday. Just a bummer in general, ride safe and have fun.
    Same here- coming down Picture Rock last week (mid week, during the day) I came up on a guy stopped in the middle of the trail with headphones in, checking his phone and not paying an ounce of attention to anyone else. I just don't get it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Same here- coming down Picture Rock last week (mid week, during the day) I came up on a guy stopped in the middle of the trail with headphones in, checking his phone and not paying an ounce of attention to anyone else. I just don't get it.
    While I move out of the trail to check email or answer calls. Some of us are still working while we are riding and need to check emails or answer calls from clients. So, this guy should move out of the trail, don't always assume we are using social media or some of other waste of time, we might be working while we are out on the trail.
    When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.

mtbr member
    I listened to some girl on a business call while riding up Chimney. She kept pedaling while a line of us stacked behind her. She did the same thing again while going downhill at Apex this time without the phone call but earbuds still in.

slow
    City of Fort Collins put these up in several open spaces almost a year ago. They help a bit, but they haven't eliminated the issue.

Winter 2016/17 Trail Conditions!-0427162001.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtimms View Post
    While I move out of the trail to check email or answer calls. Some of us are still working while we are riding and need to check emails or answer calls from clients. So, this guy should move out of the trail, don't always assume we are using social media or some of other waste of time, we might be working while we are out on the trail.
    I never assumed what he was doing.... it was just the fact that he paid no attention to his surroundings and couldn't hear me when I yelled to him multiple times. Unfortunately it's like so, so many others out on the trails around us these days. Even when people think they're disconnecting and getting away, they're not. (by the way, I'm also guilty of doing a little work on the trails too, but I make sure I'm pulled over or sitting off on a rock somewhere)

mtbr member
    I don't know what's worse... People with their earbuds not caring one bit about other people who might be behind them or coming up on them from one direction or the other, or people who have their speakers on loud forcing everyone on the trail to hear their crappy "music", whatever it is. I guess it all comes down to "me-me-me". I'm important, I'm having MY fun and the world can kiss my ass.
    New to Colorado since 1993.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Self centeredness. Its the new core American value. And has become oh so prevalent in Denver these days.

Ride Everything
    Will never forget being passed by a guy on a singlespeed who was playing James Brown's Get Up/Sex Machine from a bluetooth speaker hanging from his fanny pack...
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

mtbr member
    A dusting of snow on Green Mountain. Other Trails look to have an inch or two

slow
    Light rain last night here in the west side of Fort Collins. Wind this morning appears to be drying things nicely.

friend of Apex
    ahhh, yes. Spring on the FrontStrange.

Cue muddy trail rants
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR View Post
    ahhh, yes. Spring on the FrontStrange.

Cue muddy trail rants

Rant.

You're welcome.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Based on polling a bunch of Weather Underground stations overnight (Thurs + Fri):

~1/2" of liquid precip in the Lakewood-Golden area

~1" down by Chatfield

~1/4" up by White Ranch

ride
    not even enough rain in Lyons to make a dent. Carry on.
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    If anyone went to buff creek today post how it was. Cdot cameras on 285 look like some snow but was pretty dry there last weekend

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Still sloppy at the top of Apex this afternoon (wasn't riding, live nearby).
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Picture Rock trail is closed due to mud.

Your bike is incorrigible
    Newz from Pueblo?

I'm thinking of going down there, but it's a long drive if there is any mud.

edit: just checked their site, and it looks like it was ok today. Then checked the weather, and it looks like rain tomorrow. Can't we catch a little break?
    Last edited by Guyechka; 1 Day Ago at 06:20 PM. Reason: new info

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Bobcat Ridge Natural Area is CLOSED to all activities due to wet/muddy conditions. Check Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 for updates. As always, thank you for your cooperation and understanding during trail or site closures.

FCNA

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by fcna View Post
    Bobcat Ridge Natural Area is CLOSED to all activities due to wet/muddy conditions. Check Geocortex Viewer for HTML5 for updates. As always, thank you for your cooperation and understanding during trail or site closures.

FCNA
    I've got to still rinse the dust off of the bike from Monday's ride out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Dude, I'm in Illinois. The only place anyone would come from that would say this area is hilly is Kansas.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    it's been raining pretty hard in Pueblo for a couple hours now. definitely going to need some time to dry out.

slow
    Lory State Park in Fort Collins is closed to bikes and horses due to muddy trails.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456