ridin dirtay

Wildfire on Bobcat Ridge

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20...ES01/302170014

Dam wind!

Looks like Ginny will be closed
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    I just got back from riding Ginny up to the ridge. I wasn't even aware of the fire until I got down to the parking lot and a ranger started asking questions. They were taking information, both for "safety" and presumably to aid any future investigations. Passed lot's of wildfire crews on the way back to FC. The fire looked to be a few miles northwest of Bobcat on the other side of the ridge. There's nothing left to burn at Bobcat so we're not too worried about losing shade! The wind was brutal out there - this could be a tough one to control until the winds die down.

drinks from the fountain
    Ah must be the reason all the fire trucks went by a few hours ago.
    Bummer
    pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    The smoke was thick here in Ft.Collins for a hr or so, but has cleared out now. From town, that's about where I guessed the source to be.

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    Updated 5:25pm, The Examiner Web Site - The situation with the fire is looking pretty good and things seem to be dying down. At the current time, Larimer County is not expecting to perform any further updated on the fire unless the situation changes for the worse. The U.S. Forest Service has reported the same. We will continue to monitor the fire and update this report as needed.

Good thing too. I don't think the "trees" at Bobcat can take anymore.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I wonder if the eagles are still hanging out? Does anyone know if their baby can fly yet?

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    Even if they've started looking for a nest, they wouldn't have laid eggs yet, chick's will be much later.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by onbelaydave
    Even if they've started looking for a nest, they wouldn't have laid eggs yet, chick's will be much later.
    I was watching them fly around with my binoculars a few weeks ago, and they both came back to what I'm pretty sure was a nest. It seemed like they were tending to something as well but I guess not. When are they expected to lay their eggs?

mtbr member
    WOW... this isn't too far from my sisters house!