TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON

Wide trails and goats in the way

Some ride images from outside Montezuma....preparing myself for this little adventure. Work'n on those red blood cells

Breckenridge area training weekend

All the photos and the blog write up. No KFC up here...although I wish there was

Goat of Legend
    Nice Jeff! I've been eying a route that will Connect Montezuma, Red Cone, and Georgia Pass. Figuring Red Cone still needs some time to become snow free, though what I've seen of Jones Pass, the higher country may be opening up a hell of a lot sooner then I would of thought.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Nice ride, I've been riding those roads and trails for years. Great high altitude fun in an amazing atmosphere. We were riding up there today on some trails below TL.

mtbr member
    WOW!! I love that area, but never biked it.. just 4 wheeled it

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Zuma was the site of my first MTB race in 1984. Crazy guy by the name of Rob Ives put it on. (He later started Montezumas Revenge). Had no idea what I was getting myself into. To this day, while it's a spectacular area and always good for an adventure, I've never really liked the Zuma area that much for great riding. To many baby head jeep roads and too much pushing.

Sill, I always try to do at least a couple Zuma area rides just to get a good dose of sustained above 12,000' riding in. There are not too many places that give you that top of the world feeling.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    To this day, while it's a spectacular area and always good for an adventure, I've never really liked the Zuma area that much for great riding. To many baby head jeep roads and too much pushing.
    You say that like it's a bad thing

Zuma is the perfect setting for a suffer-fest. I love it mucho.

mtbr member
    I have never rode over there. I also never had a mountain goat block a trail, just fat labs who move slowly.

That's rad!