Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1
    i can't type the letter s
    Reputation: mouse jockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,094

    Wicked Crash at Carrizo Gorge

    Well, summer's rolling around again which means I'll be trolling the CO forums again until my Colorado trip at the end of the summer. Here's my contribution to the CO forums imported from SoCal.

    This particular video is somewhat of a SoCal internet sensation; don't know if you guys and gals have seen this, but to counter the former "wicked crash" thread, watch our friend Miles take a fall. One of the scariest I've seen. This is a few years back and unbelievably Miles was OK.

    Sorry no ghey porn shirtless pics, I'll contribute that when I'm in CO.



  2. #2
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,119
    I think there are a couple in China who haven't seen this.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,880

    This is a tough crowd here, mj

    Prepare for the worst.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  4. #4
    Human Crayon
    Reputation: sleestak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    244
    wow, that video is sick.

    I like the comment, "Don't move, Miles, until you know everything is connected"

    no sh!t
    ..:: sleestak ::..
    [SIZE] Matters [/SIZE]

  5. #5
    My leg feels funny
    Reputation: liqwid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,096
    So I've always wondered, broken bones? concussion? anything?

  6. #6
    Shattering Glass
    Reputation: dash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    707
    April fools.

  7. #7
    i can't type the letter s
    Reputation: mouse jockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Prepare for the worst.
    Ya, I know.

    I still like watching it. That aero dab is nasty. "Look at the penalty for error man" should be an mtb slogan now.

    oh, yeah, I've got a cow huck picture too if anybody wants to see that.

  8. #8
    Motion activated
    Reputation: Steve71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,984
    Hey Tom, good to hear that you're making it out to CO and hopefully we can get together for a ride or two. We have a baby girl due at the end of July and a parade of relatives visiting from OZ from now until the end of autumn. It's going to be a crazy year but fingers crossed I'll still be able to find time to ride.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

  9. #9
    WWJR
    Reputation: IH8MUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    I think there are a couple in China who haven't seen this.

  10. #10
    i can't type the letter s
    Reputation: mouse jockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Hey Tom, good to hear that you're making it out to CO and hopefully we can get together for a ride or two. We have a baby girl due at the end of July and a parade of relatives visiting from OZ from now until the end of autumn. It's going to be a crazy year but fingers crossed I'll still be able to find time to ride.
    Awesome man! Ours will be 2 yo this June. Yea, we need to find one day to get to Keystone again. If we can get Renny, Ithnu, Godzilla, DWF, SteveCo71, kristian, nickle and anybody else that wants to ride on the same day.... that would be great. Maybe even Rroeder???

    I'll talk more via PM.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by dash
    April fools.
    that doesnt count... its may

  12. #12
    Motion activated
    Reputation: Steve71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,984
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Awesome man! Ours will be 2 yo this June. Yea, we need to find one day to get to Keystone again. If we can get Renny, Ithnu, Godzilla, DWF, SteveCo71, kristian, nickle and anybody else that wants to ride on the same day.... that would be great. Maybe even Rroeder???

    I'll talk more via PM.
    Sounds good. If you can get enough Turners together, you could have a HICK gathering. You know, Homers In Colorado's Keystone.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    62
    apparently i live in china.

  14. #14
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17,427

    Good job! Awesome News

    Well congrats there Steve, that's great news. Guess when I come up you'll already have been a Dad for a month or so. Tell Shae congrats and I hope everything keeps on track and smooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Hey Tom, good to hear that you're making it out to CO and hopefully we can get together for a ride or two. We have a baby girl due at the end of July and a parade of relatives visiting from OZ from now until the end of autumn. It's going to be a crazy year but fingers crossed I'll still be able to find time to ride.

  15. #15
    Motion activated
    Reputation: Steve71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,984
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Well congrats there Steve, that's great news. Guess when I come up you'll already have been a Dad for a month or so. Tell Shae congrats and I hope everything keeps on track and smooth
    Thanks Lynx and I'll pass on the congrats & well wishes to Shaye. Are you coming to do the L100 again?
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sooner518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,581
    never seen it before either. did he break anything?

  17. #17
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17,427
    Nah, pure holiday this time no schedule to keep, race to train for etc. So I'll be open to trying new trails and riding with the appropriate tyres to suit the trail Next year if all works out I will be going for 3 races in 4 weeks Not sure if I'll get in enough training though and have the recovery needed to do it. Would be the Laramie 111km race, then 2 weeks, Leadville 100 and then 1 week and the Fools Gold 50 - might be a bit hard to do, but I'll be preparing as if I can do it. Keep us updated on things as the progress.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Thanks Lynx and I'll pass on the congrats & well wishes to Shaye. Are you coming to do the L100 again?

  18. #18
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Awesome man! Ours will be 2 yo this June. Yea, we need to find one day to get to Keystone again. If we can get Renny, Ithnu, Godzilla, DWF, SteveCo71, kristian, nickle and anybody else that wants to ride on the same day.... that would be great. Maybe even Rroeder???

    I'll talk more via PM.
    Hell ya, let us know when your here Tom, I'm even OK with Rene being there as long as he brings 10% beer

  19. #19
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,412
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Hell ya, let us know when your here Tom, I'm even OK with Rene being there as long as he brings 10% beer
    10%? you want me to bring lite beer?
    ****

  20. #20
    Your retarded
    Reputation: Nickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,085
    I have no idea why anyone would want to ride with me, but sure, I'm game for a group ride. I still have never met Ithnu or Steve71, but with smiles like these, who wouldn't want to.


    PS - Have we met yet mouse jockey? keep in mind that I have the memory of an alzheimer's patient.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

  21. #21
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    I have no idea why anyone would want to ride with me....
    Well Nick, I want to try your Canfield, so there you go....
    plus, as I recall, your girlfriend is kinda cute. Will she be coming along too?
    ****

  22. #22
    Your retarded
    Reputation: Nickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    plus, as I recall, your girlfriend is kinda cute. Will she be coming along too?
    Doesn't matter if she'll be coming or not. She doesn't date Homers. Her parents taught her well.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

  23. #23
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Doesn't matter if she'll be coming or not. She doesn't date Homers. Her parents taught her well.
    I would leave her at home knowing this crowd Nick

  24. #24
    Armchair Sasquatcheror
    Reputation: ibelieveinsasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    310

    Fack!

    Fack!

  25. #25
    i can't type the letter s
    Reputation: mouse jockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    PS - Have we met yet mouse jockey? keep in mind that I have the memory of an alzheimer's patient.
    Nope, we haven't met but I lurk often on the CO boards it seems like I know you guys. I usually head to CO late August through early September right around Labor Day. I'll be sure to keep you guys informed because I def would like to organize a Keystone posse some time.

    XCguy I didn't mean to leave you out. I'm going to try to hit some of the new Clear creek trails too if you are not interested in the DH stuff at Keystone.

    tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •