Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Who's Amped?!?!?!

F- Yeah!!!!

Who's ready for spring! The last two nice Sundays on the FR brought the stoke back for riding for me (hit up Green Mtn and NTM). This winter, I gots my shock overhauled, took apart my drivetrain for the annual douching, and refilled the Stan's in both tires. Itching to get out and ride after work with the extra daylight upon us. Seeing my bike hang on the wall in the garage all week all clean is killing me.

Who else is ready to ride? I mean ride a lot. 2 milers, 20 milers, anything will do as long as it's a f-ing alot. Spinning the cranks off road in our beautiful state is about the best thing a man can do to forget about the stresses of life. Clearly with this post, you can tell I need an outlet from the daily grind and the bike is the way.

Post up your stoke. What are your plans for this season? I'll go with:

1.Ride 3 times per week off road no matter what.
    2.Kenosha pass to Breck, spend the night with buds, ride back to the truck.
    3.Garage to White Ranch to Golden Gate and back to the garage, kill 12 beers.
    4.Try a single speeder.
    5. Drop my post OFTEN and kill it!

"We're only bike terrorists, 5:30, second Friday, Berkley BART" -Jeff Ott, fifteen

Resident Gear Head
    Agreed. Have overhauled the suspension and drivetrain on my bike over the winter. Tomorrow is going to be the first real ride since October, sunny and in the 60's . Plans for the season are to ride Moab and New Mexico in August
    2 Hands Working Do More Than 1000 Hands Praying

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Ready for spring skiing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Who's Amped?!?!?!

Im cautiously optimistic

mtbr member
    It'll be hard to let go of this stellar winter when summers never disappoint.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBitey View Post
    Im cautiously optimistic
    no brah! gnarkillit!

"We're only bike terrorists, 5:30, second Friday, Berkley BART" -Jeff Ott, fifteen

mtbr member
    Got in Commando Run, Kenosha/Georgia down Jefferson, and finally figured out Indian Creek last summer. I'm hoping for an equally good one this summer.

Going in to work early tomorrow morning so I can bail and get in a spin. Long/short/longhorn, or up Box of Rocks for a GM Summit Loop? Such a rough 1st world problem!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Super amped. Heading to Fruita this weekend with a new bike. Gonna shred the knobs off the tires, build a fire, drink beer, and celebrate the change of season with a bunch of rowdy dudes. No chicks, no drama, no internet, and no work.

99% of the problems and questions posted here would be answered if people actually walked into a bicycle shop and asked

Candlestick Maker
    Totally amped, especially after a short break for a knee tune-up...time to have some fun and enjoy the awesome trails Colorado has to offer.

Back on the trail yesterday for the first time since surgery, and back out again today

baker

Team Inflexible
    My commitments.

3 day self supported Kokopelli Trip end of April
    12 hours of Mesa Verde in May
    The Captain Enduro in June down in Colorado Springs
    Then grab as much alpine and back country time as my schedule will allow.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Is "amped" the new "stoked"?

Candlestick Maker
    apparently
    baker

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    calm down.

650b me
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erEverything View Post
    Super amped. Heading to Fruita this weekend with a new bike. Gonna shred the knobs off the tires, build a fire, drink beer, and celebrate the change of season with a bunch of rowdy dudes. No chicks, no drama, no internet, and no work.

LIKE. No....LOVE!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Colorado obviously. Fruita Fat tire fest. Keystone bike park. Angelfire trip. Monarch Crest.
    Heading to Iceland then Switzerland and France for some riding. My stoke is up and cant wait to be a trail **** this summer.

Addicted to Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    Hella amped

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    I'm going to combine them to stamped

SS in CO
    just bought a new 120mm fork for my currently rigid SS. really excited to get it put on and ride!

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

connisseur
    Premature Ejackedulation

mtbr member

Re: Who's Amped?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/thebakerz/13296061754/player/a33973e702" height="814" width="711" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
    Baker, is that one of those "cheap" Chinese carbon frames? If so, which model, and how's it holding up? I'm thinking about picking up one w/ the 12x142 rear axle...

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmalling View Post
    F- Yeah!!!!

Who's ready for spring! The last two nice Sundays on the FR brought the stoke back for riding for me (hit up Green Mtn and NTM). This winter, I gots my shock overhauled, took apart my drivetrain for the annual douching, and refilled the Stan's in both tires. Itching to get out and ride after work with the extra daylight upon us. Seeing my bike hang on the wall in the garage all week all clean is killing me.

Who else is ready to ride? I mean ride a lot. 2 milers, 20 milers, anything will do as long as it's a f-ing alot. Spinning the cranks off road in our beautiful state is about the best thing a man can do to forget about the stresses of life. Clearly with this post, you can tell I need an outlet from the daily grind and the bike is the way.

Post up your stoke. What are your plans for this season? I'll go with:

1.Ride 3 times per week off road no matter what.
    2.Kenosha pass to Breck, spend the night with buds, ride back to the truck.
    4.Try a single speeder.
    5. Drop my post OFTEN and kill it!
    Careful, caffein can kill....

Shread Ready
    I know I am! The weather has been on and mostly off this March. I have all my bikes dialed in and a new tubeless wheel set on the 05 Kona so I'm pumped,psyched,amped,stoked and all that!! Got my first real ride in last week at the AIr Force Falcon trail. Ready to make a trip to ride some good trials in Fruita and do some resort riding! Probably another Angel Fire trip in May.

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Baker, is that one of those "cheap" Chinese carbon frames? If so, which model, and how's it holding up? I'm thinking about picking up one w/ the 12x142 rear axle...
    Yes, it is a Flyxii FR-something. 29er, regular bottom bracket, 135mm dropout, tapered head tube, internal cable routing. It has been working fine so far. Tore off the rear hanger in some nasty mud, but it is replaceable (thankfully). Seems to have a good ride for being a hardtail. Fits well. Sounds a bit funny (when gravel kicks up and hits the frame, for example).
    baker

friend of Apex
    gonna get some new wheels. Either 650b or 27.5
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rmalling View Post
    Details? How much of that is single track? Is Drew Hill Rd the only connector? Will that be 12 coors lights or 12 different IPAs?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast