Thread: Who was who?

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

Who was who?

OK, near five hours of riding has made my memory fuzzy from Sun. I think there was what, 11 or 12 guys that showed up? How about a cross reference on real world name to screen name? I hope I'm not breaking any of the sacred laws of internet anonymity...

I know Josh = "s1ngletrack".
    Wes doesn't have a name and since he's not on the internet he probably doesn't really exist.
    IBMkid111 = Kirk.
    Kristian = Kristian which makes it kind of easy and the ti dye make him easy to pic out of a crowd.
    DWF = DWF aka Don.
    Eric = EricTheRed also pretty easy
    Jason = rode the Specialized?
    Paul = Loudpawlz
    Dave (at least one of them) = Scrublover

Who've I forgotten? Anybody else want to add in whether you were there or not?

Perpetually single track
    Yeah, my buddy Jason was on the silverish enduro. He's got an mtbr id, but is NEVER on, and I don't even remember what it is.

Not just famous; infamous

Three blind mice

Dan aka coolhandluchs--red Turner
    Dave aka mtbdirteater--blue AC
    Ken aka smokesdanupanddownallhills--black Kona

We came, we rode, we got lost, rode some more, got separated, watched some good looking chick fall off her bike in the parking lot. Pix to follow later in the week. Took my giant film camera, took lotsa pix, but have to wait for the film to come back.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    OK, near five hours of riding has made my memory fuzzy from Sun. I think there was what, 11 or 12 guys that showed up? How about a cross reference on real world name to screen name? I hope I'm not breaking any of the sacred laws of internet anonymity...

I know Josh = "s1ngletrack".
    Wes doesn't have a name and since he's not on the internet he probably doesn't really exist.
    IBMkid111 = Kirk.
    Kristian = Kristian which makes it kind of easy and the ti dye make him easy to pic out of a crowd.
    DWF = DWF aka Don.
    Eric = EricTheRed also pretty easy
    Jason = rode the Specialized?
    Paul = Loudpawlz
    Dave (at least one of them) = Scrublover

Who've I forgotten? Anybody else want to add in whether you were there or not?

Scrublover was on the green hardtail - right?

I too am beginning to have questions about Wes, and suspect that he may actually be cyborg - he doesn't even have a dial up connection at home.

Perpetually single track
    Green hartaill.....sure seems about right. Being colorblind, I can't help you on the green part. He had a sixsixone full face helmet that matched mine and a nice shiny new Reba fork on the front if that helps He got pics too, but I assume we won't see them until the new year if we're lucky.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

wildman

mike = wildman

4x4 toyota pickup, drove over the curb to make room, didnt ride with you, just hung out and talked till you took off.

bike shopping (obviously) and will rid ewith you soon

colorado springs resident

PS, if someone could have jason email me, since he's never on, id appreciate it.
    Last edited by wildman; 12-13-2004 at 02:12 PM. Reason: add P. S.

Perpetually single track
    PM me your actual email address and I'll send it to him....otherwise he'd have to log on to find it which I doupt he'll do.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Green hartaill..... and a nice shiny new Reba fork on the front....
    I think he got a Pike not a Reba right?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

on its way!

Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    PM me your actual email address and I'll send it to him....otherwise he'd have to log on to find it which I doupt he'll do.
    thanks

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluchs
    Dan aka coolhandluchs--red Turner
    Dave aka mtbdirteater--blue AC
    Ken aka smokesdanupanddownallhills--black Kona

We came, we rode, we got lost, rode some more, got separated, watched some good looking chick fall off her bike in the parking lot. Pix to follow later in the week. Took my giant film camera, took lotsa pix, but have to wait for the film to come back.
    You guys didn't show at Palmer Sunday did you? I didn't remember a Turner in the bunch. Did you make it out Saturday?

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    You guys didn't show at Palmer Sunday did you? I didn't remember a Turner in the bunch. Did you make it out Saturday?
    Just Saturday, showed up a few minutes after 10:00 I think. Rode all over, then came up, around the west side and back down Templeton about 2:30. Gotta do it again soon, was a blast. Dan will have some more picks once he scans them. A few shots that Ken shot, below. Me on the AC, Dan in the green helmet...

Cheers,

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    Just Saturday, showed up a few minutes after 10:00 I think. Rode all over, then came up, around the west side and back down Templeton about 2:30. Gotta do it again soon, was a blast. Dan will have some more picks once he scans them. A few shots that Ken shot, below. Me on the AC, Dan in the green helmet...

Cheers,

Dave
    I rode past you guys on Saturday on the lower section towards the parking lots. I was the big person with a blue helmet, on a gold V10 w/Shivers that was way overbuilt for that area of the park.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Stand back

Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I rode past you guys on Saturday on the lower section towards the parking lots. I was the big person with a blue helmet, on a gold V10 w/Shivers that was way overbuilt for that area of the park.

Oh, don't make me bring WCH down on your @ss.... Shivers? What, you got one mounted on the bike and one in your backpack?
    JFWY
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Perpetually single track
    Pike...reba...yeah yeah....you're right. I'm not up on these new fangled fancy forks.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Oh, don't make me bring WCH down on your @ss.... Shivers? What, you got one mounted on the bike and one in your backpack?
    JFWY
    It was a simple typo. Not to mention the fact that since they are completely separate legs each labelled Shiver you could almost justify saying you have 'Shivers' although its really just a lameass excuse for my mistake being caught.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Not just famous; infamous

Pix to come tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    Dan will have some more picks once he scans them.
    Dropped the film off last nite, will pick up and scan tonite. There should be some really cool shots...if my finger wasn't in front of the lens, and if I remembered to bring film
    (I've done both before, so there's a chance)

That big pipe made for some fun shots, just wish the flash would have went off.
    To paraphrase Denis Leary, "dude, this culvert would make an excellent bong!!"

Hmm...looks like I'm doing my Michael Jordan thing again... Gotta get a different helmet, green and red. At least I'm Christmasy.

Stupid and Dangerous
    Mango was there on Saturday too. I think I saw a bunch of you guys but we didnít get there until 10 ish and I wasnít going to go through the parking lot asking people if they were from MTBR. (We were in a dark blue Honda Accord station wagon, blue ďda VinciĒ and Mango Superlight)

Palmer was a lot of fun I took a nice header on an easy section by not paying enough attention and then managed to crawl down all of Edna May with out incident (I did stop at each approach to scope out the line).

Iíll have to make it back to do some more ridding when I donít need to go back to Boulder so early (my wife gave me an ultimatum, we were going to get a Christmas tree and put up lights on Saturday ).

I rode around a fair amount but failed to find Improv so Iíve got something to look forward to when I go back.