Thread: Who makes. . .

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Who makes. . .

a 40 tooth 104mm bolt diameter ramped and pinned chainring. I want to make my bike a 2x9 and really would like to have this ring. Anyone know of a manufacturer?

TIA

Your bike is incorrigible
    Try this:

http://www.blackspire.com/qs/product/83/5948/263222/0/0

I used one of their 36 tooth rings as the small ring on a 2X8 set up. I honestly couldn't tell any difference in shifting. They're fairly cheap, too.

ride
    Guyechka, looks like that's not available in 104bcd. I just checked all my sources. The only 40t 104bcd rings I found were all flat rings (ie no ramps or pins).

Stumpyiliz, if you have to have a 40t, a flat ring wont be the worst thing in the world. You could also probably home modify a flat 40 to shift a little better.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Specialites T.A.

http://www.starbike.com/php/product_...ng=en&pid=3185

Expensive, super-light, and wear quickly.

Your bike is incorrigible
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Guyechka, looks like that's not available in 104bcd. I just checked all my sources. The only 40t 104bcd rings I found were all flat rings (ie no ramps or pins).

Stumpyiliz, if you have to have a 40t, a flat ring wont be the worst thing in the world. You could also probably home modify a flat 40 to shift a little better.
    Actually, the one that I had was totally flat, but it made very little difference. I guess that's what I was trying to explain in the previous post. It shouldn't be as big a deal on a 2X9. It would make a lot more difference on a middle ring on a three ring crank. I think that Blackspire make some good products that are reliable and cheap.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Black Spire will be making one in the late spring. I'm going with a 22/38 combo for now. Thanks guys