mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Who had their backside kicked by the Growler?

Ouch. That's all I have to say about the Gunnison Growler. So much tougher than I expected. Anyone think it was easy? If so, you're hardcore.
    Cheers!
    -jon

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I wanted to do the Growler this year but was late registering and never made it off the waiting list. Good job finishing it, its a tough one from what I hear.

Did they post results yet?
    nobody reads your blog

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

No results Posted - But such a sweet race!

A 2009 link is posted but no results yet.

- Sweet riding in Gunnison. I had no idea they had single track that fun! Super fast and fun!

- Tough, tough race. Really hard to get going for the second lap. It was pouring rain and windy. But the sun came out for a few minutes during the second lap.

- Amazing job done by everyone who worked on this race. Some of the best on course support. It was a sweet buffet out there. Can you say "meat on a stick" - loved it.

Thanks for the fun and mud.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speed
    I wanted to do the Growler this year but was late registering and never made it off the waiting list. Good job finishing it, its a tough one from what I hear.

Did they post results yet?
    I thought it was tougher than the Leadville 100, my only other endurance race experience. The technical course with the punchy climbs that kept hitting me, made the growler a serious challenge. Like was said above, the rain started coming down hard just as I started my second lap, not a good omen. Then I was caught in the second storm with hail out on the top of the world trail.
    The organization was spot on. Anyone know why they had to stall for the awards? I heard a rumor about someone cutting the course.
    Cheers!
    Jon
    Last edited by jlang002; 05-26-2009 at 02:15 PM.

mtbr member
    i heard the same rumor that someone had cut the course.

from what i was told it was a pretty technical course for a xc race. sounds like fun. might have to do it next year.