ARC Driver

Who can instal a trialer hitch for me?

I need a trailer hitch receiver installed before this weekend so I can ride. I tried U-haul but they incompetent schmucks. Can you guys suggest anyone in Denver who can sell and install one?

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    Option for you if needed.
    Find a direct bolt up hitch for your vehicle and bring them to COS and I can get it put on for. I know its a long drive but if you cant find a better option let me know.

Curtis

ARC Driver
    I appreciate the offer but I most likely will need to get this done on a lunch break

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pbbullpup
    I need a trailer hitch receiver installed before this weekend so I can ride. I tried U-haul but they incompetent schmucks. Can you guys suggest anyone in Denver who can sell and install one?
    Lampert Hitch on 38th.

hehe ...you said "member"
    any U Haul place will likely do it
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jake7
    any U Haul place will likely do it
    Yes, but according to the original post, bullpup thinks they're ignorant schmucks.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

simple

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by mudge
    Lampert Hitch on 38th.

ditto, they are good installers.

I install hitches on Subaru cars but I doubt I have time to do it over a lunch break.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    +1 for Lampert.

Give them a call with your car/truck info. They installed a hitch on my Solara, but it required a frame cut, and was a complicated install so other installers referred me to them. Depending on your configuration/needs they should be able to give you an estimate when you call.

ARC Driver
    actually... I think they're incompetent schmucks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erSycip
    ditto, they are good installers.

I install hitches on Subaru cars but I doubt I have time to do it over a lunch break.
    If you let 'em know you're coming, they may be able to. I had a hitch installed by them in the time it took me to walk down to Javier & C's Diner and have breakfast.

simple
    Now you think Lampert are incompetent schmucks? You are kidding right?

Maybe you should install it yourself genius. Any real man can do it right?

ARC Driver
    didn't say anything about lampert. I was just saying that I don't know if Uhaul is ignorant, but I wouldn't put it past them.

simple
    oh, sorry.

Uhaul isn't bad. They have a lot of hitches available. It all depends on if your car/truck has mounting points. If you want to support a local business that does great work go to Lampert. If they are outside of your area you should feel confident that Uhaul is a good place to go. Like I said, it isn't that hard to install, but you need to know where to mount it, have a torque wrench and prepare to deal with rusted bolts.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    didn't say anything about lampert. I was just saying that I don't know if Uhaul is ignorant, but I wouldn't put it past them.
    You should quote the post you were responding to... because I assumed you were talking about Lampert being incompetent schmucks with your last post.

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    You should quote the post you were responding to... because I assumed you were talking about Lampert being incompetent schmucks with your last post.
    You need to stop posting useless post pointing out mistakes of references to other posts... Clearly the original post had a tangent by other posts, and then a mistakenly different poster responded incorrectly to a response post. Clearly its obvious... You need to get out of the house
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    You need to stop posting useless post pointing out mistakes of references to other posts... Clearly the original post had a tangent by other posts, and then a mistakenly different poster responded incorrectly to a response post. Clearly its obvious... You need to get out of the house
    Sadly, I'm at the office.

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Sadly, I'm at the office.
    What ever you call it... Regardless, shouldn't you be working, or do you get paid for posts?
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    What ever you call it... Regardless, shouldn't you be working, or do you get paid for posts?
    I get paid BY the post.

rsi
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    What happened at U-haul? I need a hitch too was thinking of going there. How much were they wanting for the install btw?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsi
    What happened at U-haul? I need a hitch too was thinking of going there. How much were they wanting for the install btw?
    You may or may not get good service @ U Haul, depends on the location. You will get great service @ Lampert. They are locally owned and hitches is all they do. They will treat you right.

mtbr member
    you think your going to get a hitch installed over lunch time??

do you get a several hour lunch?
    ~ Life is easier with a tube

mtbr member
    Your post doesn't say what kind of vehicle will receive the hitch, but at the top of this page is eTrailer.com
    I bought my hitch from etrailer and they had good prices and they got the hitch out the same day, so I had it in a couple of days. I installed it on my Nissan Titan in about an hour, maybe a little longer, because I had to tap one hole the factory hosed up. Luckily, I'm not totally incompetent. This weekend might be a stretch, but if you’re not a schmuck and you can bench press 30 lbs with on hand while you thread a bolt, then you could do this too.

ARC Driver
    Here's the story with U-Haul: I have been trying to get a hitch installed by them since last Weds, every single time I talk to the stoners over there they raise the price, tell me it will take an hour and a half to do and when I try to make an appointment, they tell me they need 2 and a half hours.

This is an addition to the numerous times I've rented trucks from them and had extremely unprofessional experiences each time.

Lampert would have worked if I knew about them earlier when I had more time but I need to ride this weekend and am out of time... at this point I'm just getting a trunk rack.