Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Heads up Flyboy!!

Where's Your Kid Riding Pics Front Range?

Let's get this Passion thing started again. Thanks to FullTrucker for posting the , Do you like to get High, Man? thread. This is just what this forum needs. Post up your kiddo riding shots!

Back on Father's day my wife and girls gave me one of the coolest Father's Day presents eva. A Shuttle ride with my girls who are eight and five down the Shinglemill Trail in Buffalo Creek. It was one of the raddest rides on a bike I've ever had, eva!

at the Top of Shinglemill getting ready to drop in. My oldest on her customized Scott Scale 20 and me with my Fat Bike and towing my little one on a Trail a Bike.

P1100441

Right at the boulder set the girls asked for a snack. Yeah, its not that far into the ride yet and storm clouds are brewing but sometimes you gotta give the kids an incentive to keep going. It was a picturesque spot anyhow.

P1100443

Final shot of my oldest going down Shinglemill. So much fun in that day.

P1100447

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    From awhile ago...

The 5th knuckle

A little ridge line

Where's Your Kid Riding Pics Front Range?-wp_20130604_005.jpg
    Where's Your Kid Riding Pics Front Range?-wp_20130604_008.jpg
    Last edited by jaycastlerock; 07-07-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    cool thread! great shots!!!!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    We didn't get to ride any trails but we did make the July 4th Parade.

Learning to Ride from UT on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    This is getting me seriously excited about possibilities down the road with our 2 year old. Any thoughts on area trails that could be fun and reasonably safe for a strider/balance bike once he gets it down a little better?

I ran across this video a while back. So awesome.

mtbr member
    quick question: just bought a 12" bike for my boy's 3 year old bday - it came with training wheels...he is awesome on a strider....should i even offer the training wheels?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryhead View Post
    quick question: just bought a 12" bike for my boy's 3 year old bday - it came with training wheels...he is awesome on a strider....should i even offer the training wheels?
    I'd recommend against it. Pull off the pedals until he's comfy on the new bike "striding" it and then put the pedals on when he asks for them. YMMV.

Twin Six METAL Team
    Here's a shot of my son at Ute Valley Park here in Colorado Springs. He's healing up from a broken arm (dirt jump crash) right now, but hopes to be back on the bike soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where's Your Kid Riding Pics Front Range?-541331_10201213687811137_690553820_n.jpg  

the Chain Guy
    My daughter just went from her Strider to a 16" pedal bike. I never took the pedals off. Just had her put her feet on the pedals, not worry about pedaling or braking, and gave her a running push in the park by our house. She balanced fine, and just put her foot down when she ran out of momentum. A couple of those and she was pedaling around. It did take a bit for her to learn how to brake.

mtbr member
    Does he know how to pedal? My son had never pedaled a tricycle before and took him a while to get the mechanics. He was an expert on the strider, but we used training wheels until he got the pedaling thing down. Two weeks later, good bye training wheels.
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

FasCat Coaching
    Here are a few of My son Lake (just turned 9)

Name:  1000704_10151649229984718_340120841_n.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  37.8 KB
    We rode Flagstaff to the Ampitheater turn off on road bikes. He did the whole thing on his 1x CX bike. He was pretty proud of making it all the way to the top (definitely biggest hill he had climbed)

Where's Your Kid Riding Pics Front Range?-img_2761.jpg
    He raced the Vail/Go Pro games on the full course, he was pretty stoked to be able to do the whole thing, though he hated all the climbing

Where's Your Kid Riding Pics Front Range?-img_2789.jpg
    State Champs down in Colorado Springs where he finished 3rd. He was so pumped to walk away with a medal. I was too, especially since he said he won it for me (was on Fathers day).
    FasCat Coaching
    Personalized Coaching for All Cyclists

mtbr member
    So cool! I love when I take my nephew out for rides.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicket? View Post
    Any thoughts on area trails that could be fun and reasonably safe for a strider/balance bike once he gets it down a little better?
    If you're in the Boulder area, Valmont rocks for balance bikes!
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member
    I only just got my guys into riding last year. It took my [then] 7 year-old's enthusiasm to get the 10 year-old motivated. It's partly because the older is crazy tall so his growth rate has made proprioception an issue. I don't have much online right now, just a couple of videos uploaded from my phone. This is both of them just a couple of weeks after actually learning to ride for the first time.

mtbr member
    Here's the [then] 10 year-old, starting out with a 26" bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    If you're in the Boulder area, Valmont rocks for balance bikes!
    Just took a look at some videos of Valmont. The little man will most definitely be making a trip there once he gets a little more comfortable on the strider. In the meantime I'm content taking him for 7:00 AM Sat. and Sun. morning rides/walks around the neighborhood while wearing our pajamas.

Where's Your Kid Riding Pics Front Range?-ebike.jpg

Motion activated
    Great thread and pic's guys!

Those thunderstorm clouds look really ominous
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Here is a quick clip from last season at Barnum. Sorry about the poor quality, only had my crappy phone with me.

He was 9yrs old when this was shot and rides mtb, dj, skatepark and DH with me and also wants to learn trials. Also a pic from his first day at Trestle last week.

Where's Your Kid Riding Pics Front Range?-kai-wp.jpg

Definately some cool stuff in this thread and seeing themselves posted on the web really gets the kids excited.

Ink

mtbr member
    Great idea for a thread!

A friend of mine gave me a 24" scott scale that was a bit beat up. I replaced the rear derailleur, all cables and cable housing, brake pads, and tires and tubes. It ended up being a great bike for him. I was super stoked to get it for Zac. I never did feel it was fair that kids bikes weigh more than adults bikes.

Here is a picture of him on his first trail ride with the new bike at Flatirons Vista.

Here he is on his old bike.

Last edited by ironbrewer; 07-09-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Heads up Flyboy!!
    Awesome Pictures everyone! Does the heart good to know that folks are getting their kids out to ride. Here's another one of my girl cruising the neighborhood singletrack on her 8th Birthday. It'll be time to upgrade her to a 24 inch soon.

Untitled

mtbr member
    I don't want to derail the thread, but what are peoples' takes on the upgrade from 20" to 24"? My "little" guy has issues with rocks and all and the jump from 20" to 24" seems like it would be a big improvement on what he can handle.

ObPic: Here's a shot of the guy in question after coming down from Mt. Carbon at Bear Creak.

The Notorious S.L.O
    I am on the other end of this continuum, and I canít tell you how cool it is to ride with your kids @ 20 & 22, they ride hard and are really enjoying it. They drop me like a bad habit these days, but there was a time during the HS years, you couldnít pay them to ride a bike.
    Donít be discouraged, stick with them and they may just grow up to be the generation of riders.
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Where's Your Kid Riding Pics Front Range?-rex-riding.jpg Flume Trail in Winter Park.

the Chain Guy

Re: Where's Your Kid Riding Pics Front Range?

Goofing around with the girls in Ute Valley.

- B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast