pin 'er up

Where Oh Where Has My Riding Buddy Gone??

...Lost; One riding partner. Height; Like 8'...Well I'm like 5' nothin' so EVERYTHING's like 8' tall in my world. Gender; well, I know he's a father...so that makes him a?? (You never know in this day and age!!...Plus, the longhair throws me...I dunno). Rides a; Blacksheep...but doesn't everyone around these parts?? Lives near; Pine...Hippie!! Works as a; "Photodude"...whatever that is. Other hobbies include; Pinball...Freakin' Pin?!...Pheuken PINBALL??...WTF, who does that?? Anywhoo, some of you here might have knowledge of this "individual"...I believe he may have been here only a few short months ago looking for me...for what it is worth I was never "lost" like him...just exploring new training ideas...kinda seceret ninja type techniques.

So...here I sit, fingers tickling the keys to contact the cyber world in hopes of finding a return of my long lost riding buddy...Mateo...I mean really man, don't you think it's time to ride again there Mateo??

Please, the first pic is Mateo and the second pic is computer generated to fit an image of what Mateo may look like today. Thank you all for looking and sorry I have waisted your time...THIS HAS BEEN FIVE MINUTES OF YOUR LIVES THAT YOU WILL NEVER GET BACK but I miss my buddy Mateo and must post this APB to keep my Tuesday fun, not like he'll ever see it...that's right, because he's a hippie.
    Signed Mateo's once ridding buddy,
    miSSionary

PS~If I have offended anyone please let me state that I am sorry in advance and am also offended by the content as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

mtbr member
    Weird.
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    Weird.
    You have to read the first one.
    Why miSSionary why?

Personally, I el-oh-eld a bit.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Heh... hey Missionman... hope all is well with you! We gotz to get a Sheep ride going with your long lost pall!

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    Heh... hey Missionman... hope all is well with you! We gotz to get a Sheep ride going with your long lost pall!
    I'm with ya, soon my friend, soon!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Lost

Nope, I haven't been lost, just on an altered course.

My sock tan lines have been replaced with hippie birk lines. I have developed a slight "ledge" over my belt, in fact I can't wear my leadville buckle anymore because it cuts into my gut. The 2 mile ride from my house to the hippie ladies liquor store makes me feel like I'm gonna puke, but It's worth it becuase I'll get that yatzee some night and win that coors light backpack. Spike still calls each week to see if I'm intersted in a little 50 miler, I think he just want's to hear me laugh.

One day I will change course again, maybe a little, maybe a lot, maybe even today. It won't be at 5:30 this afternoon on GM in 95 degree heat, that is a really dumb idea, have fun with that. I think I'll opt instead for someting a little more tree lined with my cooler waiting at the end with an icy cold bottle of cactus juice and some bud light limes. I am trying to watch my figure and all.

I can't believe you Biker Foxed me. You know that you will pay for that don't you?

mtbr member
    Dude...he really, really did totally Biker Fox you. With friends like that...
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

Hairshirt Rider
    pot kettle black

Last I heard you were trying to learn how to tie off a belay over the telephone. Rock climbing? What's that all about?

pin 'er up
    Mateo!! Well I don't have the "ledge" but I am now too weak to hold the buckle up long enough to get the belt on... The two mile ride from my house to the closest liquor store is now done in my truck thus I have mucho time for yatzee these dayz but I've eaten sooo much paste lately I forgot how to play. Tim calls each week to see if I'm interested in a little five miler, I also think he just wants to hear me laugh.

Today is my day to change course again...probably just a little for now...baby steps. It will be this afternoon, in 95 degree heat, it REALLY is a dumb idea I know. I've got no other ideas so off I go...chasing the dumbest one yet into the wind. For now I will dream of the cooler weather, mountain kitties and nightlights dancing in the sky so until then think of me often...I know you do.

I so Biker Foxed you...That's Phuken Phunny right there!!

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    Dude...he really, really did totally Biker Fox you. With friends like that...
    Hahaha, moral here?? Don't be a hippie!! Not that there's anything wrong with that.

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    pot kettle black

Last I heard you were trying to learn how to tie off a belay over the telephone. Rock climbing? What's that all about?
    black pot kettle

Wassup Loudpawlz, I was trying to learn the whole belay dealio...my one track mind never took hold of the concept of such silly thought, so...I took up bouldering. It's WAY sweet man, you carry this huge @$$ pad on your back...funny, as bikers ride by they are always dumbfounded at what one is up to with such a big pad and all, I tell them it is for "large coverage" days and that seems to make them laugh a bit. Anywhoo, once you have the pad located to the rock of choice you put the pad below the rock. I then put these silly shoes on...in fact they are sooo silly looking I always get a mental pic of me telling Mateo what a Nancy he is as I don the shoes, sorry Mateo. Once I have the correct footwear on I put this white stuff on my hands to dry them out. Not sure why but once this homeless guy came up to my boulder with a straw and started to suck the white stuff through his nose...he must have had a cold and needed to dry his head a bit...you know like from the inside out??...I dunno. So now once my hands are dry and the footwear is on I put the pad below me and try to climb the boulder "problem"...Why do they call it a problem??...Once you try to climb a six foot rock beside a bunch of junior high school punks yelling "Just stand up and grab the top dumb@$$", well at this time you will deside you too have a "problem". Okay, okay, back on track. So the pad is below and the gear is on. I then try to move upwards to the top of the rock. Some of this is more difficult than it sounds so then I fall to the pad below. What is next you ask?? Nothing. I lay there on the pad looking at nature until I can't remember how I got there and I wait for the park rangers giving tickets to all the bikers to take me home...Good times!! I can tell you more about all this at the Bean feSSt but you cannot tell the others, the boulders are not crowded and the rangers are looking for bikers, not idiots like me trying to climb rocks...That's what the short bus is for.

tiny rider
    The best use of a bouldering pad is to protect your back from all the mountain lions hiding along the trail waiting for a particularly tasty looking biker to happen along.

Obviously Single
    miSS, what up!?

You're lucky you didn't chase Mateo too far away. You chased me all the way to Oregon!

When are you gonna round up the round bodies and take a sweet road trip out here. It has been 70-80 degrees and no rain for 23 days. This is the sweet country!

P.S. There are rocks here, too, for those that can't ride.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by miSSionary
    ...Lost; One riding partner.
    Who are you and how did you get in here ?

Wait

it must be

the mad evil smiley dude!

We miss both of you nut cases

Come ride again

Ed

beer is too easy to drink
    Sep 2007
    I have to get in on this a little. In mateomtb's defense I have seen him in westside with his sheep more times then you this year then you miSSionary. That pretty girl that doesn't like bikes that much has made me true your i-9s a lot less thats for sure. Just playing i wish i got to ride as much as both of you guys.
    six pack cooler coming soon!

skillz to pay billz
    biker foxx is the new rickrolled

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by cartographer
    The best use of a bouldering pad is to protect your back from all the mountain lions hiding along the trail waiting for a particularly tasty looking biker to happen along.
    Don't think I haven't thought of that, multiple-use products are off the chain!! That's also why I need Mateo...cat bait!!

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeMan
    miSS, what up!?

You're lucky you didn't chase Mateo too far away. You chased me all the way to Oregon!

When are you gonna round up the round bodies and take a sweet road trip out here. It has been 70-80 degrees and no rain for 23 days. This is the sweet country!

P.S. There are rocks here, too, for those that can't ride.
    I'll give you a call this week LeeMan, I miss ya and have been bad about keeping in-touch. Though I haven't been riding much (training day TWO for Leadville was LAST NIGHT!!...short bus training plan!) I do have lots of fun news to share.

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    Who are you and how did you get in here ?

Wait

it must be

the mad evil smiley dude!

We miss both of you nut cases

Come ride again

Ed
    ED!! Yes, it's been too long ...thanks for all the smiley guys...I love 'em!!
    Don't tell Mateo you miss him...he's a hippie who can no longer were belt buckles.

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by mycrusierhasabottleopener
    I have to get in on this a little. In mateomtb's defense I have seen him in westside with his sheep more times then you this year then you miSSionary. That pretty girl that doesn't like bikes that much has made me true your i-9s a lot less thats for sure. Just playing i wish i got to ride as much as both of you guys.
    YIKES!! Let's give a warm hello to my favorite wrench in town...Yup, guess if I haven't been into the shop that much as of late I should only expect the boys of Westside to track me down here! Hahaha, the I9's are resting and the Hopes you guys rebuilt are the cat's meow!! I'll be in soon...

Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSionary
    YIKES!! Let's give a warm hello to my favorite wrench in town...Yup, guess if I haven't been into the shop that much as of late I should only expect the boys of Westside to track me down here! Hahaha, the I9's are resting and the Hopes you guys rebuilt are the cat's meow!! I'll be in soon...
    Well it's going to turn into a whole new place now. We got bought out this week.

Bad Andy
    Oh no!
    One of my favorite shops - hope it stays that way.
    Will look you up next time I'm in.

Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by andychrysler
    Oh no!
    One of my favorite shops - hope it stays that way.
    Will look you up next time I'm in.
    Not to worry i think it will end up being even better. The old owner was getting tired of the shop and the time he had to put in and was ready to retire. The new owners so far have seamed cool and don't plan on changing things other then expanding the lines we carry and what we do in the off season. We are still independent and so far no one has even jumped ship.

pin 'er up
    Not to worry i think it will end up being even better. The old owner was getting tired of the shop and the time he had to put in and was ready to retire. The new owners so far have seamed cool and don't plan on changing things other then expanding the lines we carry and what we do in the off season. We are still independent and so far no one has even jumped ship.
    Nice...scared me for a second.

mtbr member
    Well it's going to turn into a whole new place now. We got bought out this week.
    TREK concept store?