STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010

Wheels and hubs for 26" BMX DJ P1???

Trying to put some new wheels and maybe hubs on a Specialized P1 used for BMX and dont know where to go! Both axles are 3/8" through axles!?? Im clueless about this set up? Going to have a fork up front so it will need to be a 9mm qr or 15mmqr. Rear is a single speed with free wheel. I want something light, light, light. Do I have to use stock hubs for the crazy axles, (at least the rear?). Any recommendations on who may be a good source?

Thread Terrorist
    Call Bobby at Mojo. They deal Specialized and know about DJ bikes.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Waafoo, until you get it up and running you can borrow my DJ bike. Its just sitting in my rack and is pretty nice.

mtbr member
    Hope Evo front hub
    Hope Pro II Evo rear hub

Hadley also makes some bomber hubs, and of couse Chris King. Depending if your running SS, Surly makes a beefy SS rear hub that can take some major abuse, but those take an actual freewheel, which limits gear ratio options and there arnt many good freewheels out there, ACS are cheap and break, but there are some trials ones, like the Echo 107, which is amazing. Only avail in 18t, but White Industries makes the Eno which comes in various amounts of teeth options.

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kjbike View Post
    Waafoo, until you get it up and running you can borrow my DJ bike. Its just sitting in my rack and is pretty nice.
    I may take you up on that for this Sundays state qualifiers. Not like I got a snowballs chance in hell but I got to try to put on show for the kid right???LOL, I need to get your trainer back to you as well. Thanks man!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Waafoo, just get in touch whenever to grab the bike. I'll probably have to give it the once over as I haven't ridden it in a bit (I seem to remember poaching a brake bolt from it).