mtbr member
    Dec 2007

What's rideable this weekend? Deer Creek?

I have been looking through the forums, but not seeing anything on Deer Creek or Falcon specifically.

Are they rideable? I'm thinking Mt. Falcon with the Parmalee gulch maybe, but not sure about deer Creek?

Thoughts on what is good and dry around Denver for this upcoming weekend?

mtbr member
    Falcon yes, Deer Creek, no. It's supposed to rain/snow though, so who knows.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Falcon and white ranch should both be good (not sure how far up but enough for a good ride). No way on Deer Creek. It is northern facing with steep southern slope. It is always one of the last to dry out.

It is supposed to snow tonight/tomorrow so we may not be able to ride anything this weekend; we will see.

Let There Be Dirt

Mt Falcon

Should be good depending on the weather we get. I just did the climb to the table this morning and talked to some guys that had just done Parmalee and they said it was dry.

mtbr member
    I went up to Deer Creek on 3/2..there's a nice size sheet of ice right before "the wall"
    thought about it for a bit and decided against going further..yes i'm a nancy boy

Falcon otoh is good to go

Living the High Life
    Falcon was clear on Monday, only better now I'd guess. Until it snows soon.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Shattering Glass
    Buffalo Creek was perfect today. Saw 1 other rider..

mtbr member
    Cential Cone was great today! Although that Elk trail is closed for elk mating or something.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Rode the Roxborough loop yesterday and it was ridable. Up to Lenny's was pretty dry - Roxborough descent had some ice/mud in a few sections, but much better than a week ago.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Rode Deer Creek last week.

Glass ice in places, especially section at "steps". I did some hike-a-bike at that point and kept going. For about 1/4 mile or so only. Trail mostly ridable including Mesa Loop. A few short sections of snow or mud on the Mesa Loop.

Be prepared to hike a little bit on the ice and mud sections and be careful on the glass ice. It was a fun ride.

If this new rain/snow comes in, it is anybodys guess as to conditions tomorrow.

Good luck!

tiny rider
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    Rode the Roxborough loop yesterday and it was ridable. Up to Lenny's was pretty dry - Roxborough descent had some ice/mud in a few sections, but much better than a week ago.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Rox was great today.

About 90-95% this:

and the rest this:

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    anyone been up to Deer Creek lately?