a dad
    Jan 2004

whats dry up high? what y'all riding this weekend

just curious how high i can go on sunday...anyone been up to ward area lately?
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

skillz to pay billz
    you could probably make it over rollins pass if you wanted

friend of Apex
    I plan on bein really high for most of the weekend.
    Then goin for a long ride through the woods of Ned
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Jones, Pipeline.....go hang in the woods for a bit. Maybe hit up Palmer too......
    Whats it like!!!

Big Boned
    I can see the top of a 13'er from out back of my house and there's huge patches of bare rock up there, very thin snow cover. No real measurable snow has fallen up here in a week, and it's been in the 60's. I hit some snow in the shade this past Sunday on a rarely used trail by my house, but for the most part, I'm thinking you will be good until Monday, when the next storm is due.
    Never rub another man's rhubarb.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by j2fresh
    Jones, Pipeline.....go hang in the woods for a bit. Maybe hit up Palmer too......
    wanna show me that one?
    BBZ

icegeek is hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Manmountain Dense
    I can see the top of a 13'er from out back of my house and there's huge patches of bare rock up there, very thin snow cover. No real measurable snow has fallen up here in a week, and it's been in the 60's. I hit some snow in the shade this past Sunday on a rarely used trail by my house, but for the most part, I'm thinking you will be good until Monday, when the next storm is due.
    Thanks.

What's up on those fires? Would it be cool to ride up there this weekend?

Chronic 1st-timer
    I'm really dry right now..............

Big Boned
    Quote Originally Posted by TVC15
    Thanks.

What's up on those fires? Would it be cool to ride up there this weekend?
    I don't think Silver Creek will be open from the Georgetown end -- yesterday they had the roads blocked for the fire crews. You could probably get to it from the east end and ride most of the way out to the fire area, which was right above the lake, but there's no way to know what you'll find. It probably needs some clean-up work, at minimum. And you'd also have to ride up the jeep roads from Dumont to access it, which aren't really much fun - lots of hike-a-bike.

On the bright side, I hear the Pav Point / FAT stuff is actually clear enough to ride. We'll be up there early tomorrow to do some recon hiking, I'll report back after that.

skillz to pay billz
    possibly jenny creek to rollins pass. might be fun to see how far one can go

icegeek is hot
    On the bright side, I hear the Pav Point / FAT stuff is actually clear enough to ride. We'll be up there early tomorrow to do some recon hiking, I'll report back after that.
    Well that's excellent news.

Hey, if you all need help rebuilding stuff on Silver Creek, give a hollar. I'm positively worthless when it comes to construction or anything close to it, but I can pitch in for materials and certainly beers.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    rode pav point last weekend.. little bit of snow up high in the trees but mostly dry
    BBZ

Big Boned
    Well that's excellent news.

Hey, if you all need help rebuilding stuff on Silver Creek, give a hollar. I'm positively worthless when it comes to construction or anything close to it, but I can pitch in for materials and certainly beers.
    Sure thing. I am hoping (fingers crossed) that it will just be a matter of clearing deadfall and raking. I plan to try to ride that route back to my house tomorrow after we hike, so I will post afterwards.

Old, stale, negative

Just hit up....

Jamestown loop/ Gold lake area. Great except for a little ice on the 2115 alley coming back. You could go higher for sure.

icegeek is hot
    Sure thing. I am hoping (fingers crossed) that it will just be a matter of clearing deadfall and raking. I plan to try to ride that route back to my house tomorrow after we hike, so I will post afterwards.
    Excellent. Thanks much!

We did the same route you took t and I on, but as you can see, I got lost a little after the bridges on Silverdale Luckily, finally did find the trail and finished it proper.

So, did you know that the Turn of Mild Intestinal Distress is, now, uh ... gone?

Big Boned
    Excellent. Thanks much!

We did the same route you took t and I on, but as you can see, I got lost a little after the bridges on Silverdale Luckily, finally did find the trail and finished it proper.

So, did you know that the Turn of Mild Intestinal Distress is, now, uh ... gone?
    The ramp is gone?

Big Boned
    Were the ramps down below that gone, too?

icegeek is hot
    The ramp is gone?
    Yup. Tossed over the side best I could tell.

The lower ramps are there, but, well, unattached.

Cripes, I'm sorry to be the beared of bad news. I figured you knew, and was *hoping* maybe you guys were just working on a rebuild or something.

Big Boned
    That's a problem.

icegeek is hot
    That's a problem.
    I'm really sorry, b.

When we were on the singletrack I told the guys I was riding with to watch out for the ramp, I mean, check it out before just bombing through it, and by the time I got where they were stopped there was no ramp. The two jolly roger forks were still there, off to the side, so I was sure we were at the same spot. Just no ramp. I didn't even see the thing until one of the guys pointed it out, way down the hill.

Crap. I'm really sorry.

That completely sucks.

Big Boned
    I'm really sorry, b.

When we were on the singletrack I told the guys I was riding with to watch out for the ramp, I mean, check it out before just bombing through it, and by the time I got where they were stopped there was no ramp. The two jolly roger forks were still there, off to the side, so I was sure we were at the same spot. Just no ramp. I didn't even see the thing until one of the guys pointed it out, way down the hill.

Crap. I'm really sorry.

That completely sucks.
    Yeah, kinda does suck. Guess we'll just need to rebuild it in a more permanent way -- steel posts embedded in the ground with QuickCrete, I think. I felt like it needed more camber anyway. But it is very annoying -- that section is just going to wash out and become dangerous without some kind of ramp on it. Whoever took it out clearly doesn't know spit about erosion control -- it's rideable without the ramp, but that soil is so soft and loose, it just can't withstand the skidding. Gotta be fixed.

mtbr member

time for an intervention?

m, you're addicted to that trail system!
    b, i propose next season you name one of the new CC trails "TVC".

[SIZE="1"]38˚ average temps? brrrrrr.[/SIZE]

Who said Punisher?

Sad but lower fraser trails in WP are in great shape

Yep, there today and it was sad how little snow there was. Nice trails though! Tacky for sure!

icegeek is hot
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    [SIZE=1]38˚ average temps? brrrrrr.[/SIZE]
    It didn't feel that cold, I promise. I think maybe the GPS was screwy. I was in shorts and a light jacket and perfectly comfortable.

Re: trail naming, that does bring up something I thought of yesterday while riding up there. MMD, those trails are so gorgeous they deserve proper signage, when you guys get to that point. AJ's dad is quite the metal worker and could likely be persuaded into genning up some really cool stuff for the cause. You know, something arty yet discreet.