Results 1 to 48 of 48
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Burdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    186

    What's the best places to live, work, ride & etc in CO?

    Hello,

    I know this may be a really broad question and I know there will be a variety of different opinions, but I wanted to hear some input/ideas.

    I've been thinking of moving to Colorado for some time now and would love to hear opinions on what's the best place to live, work, ride & etc?

    I like the Boulder area, but I'm also fond of Colorado Springs...and really open to almost any area. I'm currently living in So. California, but feel it may be time to make a move.

    So what's the best....based on Work, Real Estate (buying or renting), Riding, Social and etc?

    Love to hear some opinions...

    Cheers-
    Scott

  2. #2
    mutaullyassuredsuffering
    Reputation: used2Bhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,053

    One of many threads...

    Moving to area - Questions


    I vote for Golden/Littleton/Lakewood/Evergreen. Although those towns aren't exactly hopping, you are 20 min from Denver and 20 min from Boulder.

    Boulder County is a pretty tough place to be a Mtn. Biker, and housing will cost a third more than many other places.

  3. #3
    locked - time out
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,391
    Fruita / grand junction. Awesome biking and you could work in Junction.

    Added bonus is that Moab is less than an Hour and a 1/2 away.

  4. #4
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,799
    Fort Collins / Loveland area

    Reasonable real estate and bike friendly towns. Good riding within reasonable distance.

  5. #5
    a dad
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,733
    i think a lot will depend on what type of work you will be looking for....i live in denver and think its great (after living in gunnison for 10 years)...
    BBZ

    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

  6. #6
    loco
    Reputation: konacoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    248
    I also second the Evergreen/Littleton/Lakewood/Golden area.
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." (Ferris Bueller)

  7. #7
    MK_
    MK_ is offline
    carpe mañana
    Reputation: MK_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7,179
    Golden is probably the most centrally located town as far as Front Range riding goes. JeffCo is also the model country for tending to mountain bikers. Boulder/Lyons/Fort Collins stuff is just a short drive away, as is Colorado Springs/Pueblo. It is also just a short distance from Keystone and other resorts for summer DH and winter skiing. Less than 3hrs away from Grand Juncion and Fruita. And close to civilization. Real estate is reasonable and as an added bonus you can always swing by Coors brewery for the short tour.

    _MK

    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

  8. #8
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,113
    Carbondale

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: T-Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    210
    Commerce City, they have a kick ass pump track. I'm still trying to find it though

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcolo96
    Commerce City, they have a kick ass pump track. I'm still trying to find it though
    Coop?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    296
    colorado springs is prettry damn sweet for mtb and it is a fairly cool place all together.
    jesus rides a fixed gear.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jugdish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,254
    Laramie
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Burdman
    Hello,

    I know this may be a really broad question and I know there will be a variety of different opinions, but I wanted to hear some input/ideas.

    I've been thinking of moving to Colorado for some time now and would love to hear opinions on what's the best place to live, work, ride & etc?

    I like the Boulder area, but I'm also fond of Colorado Springs...and really open to almost any area. I'm currently living in So. California, but feel it may be time to make a move.

    So what's the best....based on Work, Real Estate (buying or renting), Riding, Social and etc?

    Love to hear some opinions...

    Cheers-
    Scott
    My vote's for Golden. I got a job here in November and live in Superior. Bring my bike to work and I'm 5-10 min from Apex, Lookout, white ranch etc.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    83
    I just moved to CO last month from NYC and I love it out here. Tons of riding everywhere. I moved around Nederland 30 min from boulder and 40 from denver. It still is better than my 1 hour new york commute to go 15 miles. I havent taken advantage of all the trails around me yet since I only have my Dirt jump bike out here( not enough space in the moving van for my XC bike).

    I can't wait to know more about the area. I see TONS of road bikers though, My driving back from Boulder is like trail of spadex.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    619

    some where around the eastern border

    there hardly any cars, no hills to wear you out and the sun sets late!

    just kidding of course


  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jugdish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,254
    Quote Originally Posted by rafg
    I just moved to CO last month from NYC and I love it out here. Tons of riding everywhere. I moved around Nederland 30 min from boulder and 40 from denver. It still is better than my 1 hour new york commute to go 15 miles. I havent taken advantage of all the trails around me yet since I only have my Dirt jump bike out here( not enough space in the moving van for my XC bike).

    I can't wait to know more about the area. I see TONS of road bikers though, My driving back from Boulder is like trail of spadex.
    Hey welcome. Now for your first lesson in mountain living, shut it.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    Hey welcome. Now for your first lesson in mountain living, shut it.
    Ohh no.. I smell spandex! I must be close to Boulder and all the snobs....

    Yourself.


  18. #18
    DSR
    DSR is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,056
    Damon - You're getting your Boulder County stereotypes confused. Low elevation Boulder CITY folks are spandex - preferably bright colors with the logos of Italian pasta makers. High elevation folks (Ned, Rollinsville, Ward...) wear burlap and/or chainmail. Get it straight. S

  19. #19
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,113
    Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    Damon - You're getting your Boulder County stereotypes confused. Low elevation Boulder CITY folks are spandex - preferably bright colors with the logos of Italian pasta makers. High elevation folks (Ned, Rollinsville, Ward...) wear burlap and/or chainmail. Get it straight. S
    Damnit... I could just feel that I was missing something or someone when I spewed out that drivel!

    I blame it on the smell of insideout spandex...

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    Hey welcome. Now for your first lesson in mountain living, shut it.
    Watch it.....

    unless you are a native and display the sticker proudly on you bumper....

  21. #21
    Team Inflexible
    Reputation: Jaydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,943
    Allright Birdman,

    I am not seeing enough love in this post for Colorado Springs.

    As a native of Colorado Springs I have had the opportunity to ride the majority of the trails in the area and all over the state. I cant speak for the Boulder/Ft Collins area (from what I have read there are good trails up there) but I feel the Springs area blows away the denver/golden area as far as riding goes. The trails are longer, less crowded, and more secluded that what I have seen in Denver/Golden. Plus living down here give you quick access to the little known trails at Pueblo Resivor(year around riding down there) and the gem trails down in Beulah and the wet mountains. I could ride the trails by my house all season long and be happy. St. Mary to Jones park is my favorite ride. Its a long ride almost all single track with an unbelievalbe downhill winding through aspen meadows.

    As far as the job market goes there is plenty of work down here. I am a technical recruiter and could help you find a job here. Its what I do everyday.

    Housing is also exploding with the average price of houses being in the $250k range with plenty of great neighborhoods and schools.

    There got my 2 cents in..


    Jaydude

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: breckseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    296

    Not one mention of "The County" ?????

    Fellas,
    I admit, I come hit your front range stuff when I need to get away from all of you front rangers coming up here to ski; I admit, the season up here only lasts for a few months; But come on! Breckenridge has the highest concentration of Alpine Single Track in the world. My house is beach front property for epic, mindless decending, all day rides, every day in the summer. I can get in a 2 hour ride after work that is 10 times as satisfying, with 3 times the vertical than anything on the front range, and ride right back out of the woods into my driveway.
    BURdMAN- if your looking for a change from the so-cal urban spral, the front range, whether its Denver, FTC, Co Springs, aint it bro. Its the same ****, except you have the mountains to the west instead of the ocean. Lots of smog, traffic and spral. Just like cali, every town runs into the next.

    Realestate, that one's a *****, but we all find away.

    Front Rangers, before you reply your spouting anger at my opinion, I should disclose that I am generally bitter about the Front cause I lived there for 27 years! I still love ya.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by breckseth
    Fellas,
    I admit, I come hit your front range stuff when I need to get away from all of you front rangers coming up here to ski; I admit, the season up here only lasts for a few months; But come on! Breckenridge has the highest concentration of Alpine Single Track in the world. My house is beach front property for epic, mindless decending, all day rides, every day in the summer. I can get in a 2 hour ride after work that is 10 times as satisfying, with 3 times the vertical than anything on the front range, and ride right back out of the woods into my driveway.
    BURdMAN- if your looking for a change from the so-cal urban spral, the front range, whether its Denver, FTC, Co Springs, aint it bro. Its the same ****, except you have the mountains to the west instead of the ocean. Lots of smog, traffic and spral. Just like cali, every town runs into the next.

    Realestate, that one's a *****, but we all find away.

    Front Rangers, before you reply your spouting anger at my opinion, I should disclose that I am generally bitter about the Front cause I lived there for 27 years! I still love ya.

    If job availability wasn't a factor then yeah but otherwise housing and jobs (or lack thereof) sucks in "the county". Still a sweet place to ride though.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,888
    Colorado sucks for Mountain Biking - the trails are covered in 3 feet of snow 11 months of the year. There are no real mountain biking trails, just flat paved "bike paths". Nope...it sucks here.

    Seriously?

    For Riding - Colorado Springs.
    For Jobs - Denver.
    Social Scene - Denver/Boulder.
    Real Estate - Pueblo/Canon City.
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me


  25. #25
    DSR
    DSR is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,056
    County riding is pretty sweet. No argument there. Only downside is job, real estate and ride season - although if you're into skiing, then it's a bonus. Anywho, Breck riding is most excellent. S

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: silverstreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    147
    Anywhere on the west side of Denver is good for being close to trails. I'll echo what others have said - Golden/Lakewood/Littleton. I haven't ridden in the Springs or spent alot of time down there, so I can't speak for there. I myself moved here from SoCal two years ago and love the riding out here. I think your best bet would be to take a trip out here to get a feel for different areas. That way you could check out the riding, job market, housing, night life. See what fits your needs. Good luck!

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,464

    Western Slope

    I've lived on the Front Range for 18 years, and if I had to do it all over again I would spend six months looking for a job in the swath from Grand Junction to Durango before I moved here. It is just too urban anymore. For that matter, even GJ is over 100,000 people now. I like to ride the road, as well as MTB, and I was thinking on my road ride yesterday how ten years ago the 25 mile out and back ride I was doing would have had a grand total of two stoplights. Now there are 18. I'm not kidding. What will it be in another 10 years?

    The trails are way too crowded, too. I guess I'm just longing for the days when I could pull into White Ranch on a Saturday morning into the old eight space parking area and get my bike ready to the sound of the shooting range over the hill. Now you park on the road (because the 30 car lot is full), and cross mansion driveways while dodging dogs and hikers on the trashed out trail.

    I have five more years before my kids are out of school, and then I'm out of here. Western Slope, Moab, Cedar City, Durango......nowhere near the Front Range.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: breckseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    296

    Hey bikecolorado

    Thats a funny statement coming from a guy whos user name is "bikecolorado". If you think Co sucks so bad....get the@#$% out

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    142

    Your next mountain living lesson

    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    Hey welcome. Now for your first lesson in mountain living, shut it.
    Your next lesson in mountain living (Ned) is too purchase a Toyota Tacoma (or old POS subaru wagon) with matching topper and Yakima rack, be sure to get CO plates quick so you dont look like a poser; place various stickers on the back (Lefthand brewery is mandatory; no Eldo supertower; etc); grow your hair out and a beard (ladies, dont shave your legs); you must like blugrass or at least act like you've been a YMSB fan since day one; smoke at least a half o a week; never wash off the Magnolia dirt that covers your truck; and finally, be sure to act like an **** to all the new people as soon as you have lived in Ned for a year.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by breckseth
    Thats a funny statement coming from a guy whos user name is "bikecolorado". If you think Co sucks so bad....get the@#$% out
    I apolgoze for my outburst of Sarcasm..

    Californians and Texans are moving here in the masses, I talk to so many "former Californians" out here I'm suprised there's anyone left out West. Denver is smog city...before you know it Colorado Springs to Denver to Boulder will be one huge snarling polluted megametroplexopolis. Suburban sprawl is totally out of control. Housing and Real Estate prices are exploding due to the huge influx of people with hard buying cash from their home sales elsewhere.

    Catch 22...I know how great riding here is now - I know how awesome this state is (I'm one of the few true Colorado state natives here), I love to share it with people...I'd rather keep it great though too. Sorry my bitterness squeaked out in a fit of sarcasm.

    "trails are covered in 3 feet of snow 11 months of the year"...I hope that sounded like sarcasm and not an honest observation.
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me


  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,464

    Ned, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jutt77
    Your next lesson in mountain living (Ned) is too purchase a Toyota Tacoma (or old POS subaru wagon) with matching topper and Yakima rack, be sure to get CO plates quick so you dont look like a poser; place various stickers on the back (Lefthand brewery is mandatory; no Eldo supertower; etc); grow your hair out and a beard (ladies, dont shave your legs); you must like blugrass or at least act like you've been a YMSB fan since day one; smoke at least a half o a week; never wash off the Magnolia dirt that covers your truck; and finally, be sure to act like an **** to all the new people as soon as you have lived in Ned for a year.

    You are at least ten years behind. Ned and the environs today mean you buy an Audi and a Lexus SUV, NO STICKERS, wear your Yoga clothes everywhere, buy two big dogs and then ignore them, and complain about there not being a Starbucks in town and how the Super Foods doesn't carry enough organic and the wine selection at Dam Liquors sucks.

    Then after a year, you move to Superior and dump the pooches at the Humane Society.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit
    You are at least ten years behind. Ned and the environs today mean you buy an Audi and a Lexus SUV, NO STICKERS, wear your Yoga clothes everywhere, buy two big dogs and then ignore them, and complain about there not being a Starbucks in town and how the Super Foods doesn't carry enough organic and the wine selection at Dam Liquors sucks.

    Then after a year, you move to Superior and dump the pooches at the Humane Society.

    I moved out of there about 3 years ago, didn't realize how things have changed, and wow, you even used the local store names in your generalization, definately puts mine to shame! I was making an observation I made when I lived up there 3 years ago (beaver creek dr)...now I live in superior, got rid of my dog, shaved my legs and ride a road bike every morning to starbucks...Dude, you are on top of it!

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bikeCOLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,888
    Aha...refreshingly close to my heart. More bitterness and sarcasm from surprisingly recent transplants and not even CO natives?!

    Yo Burdman...sorry - you happened to open up a can of Colorado worms.
    Last edited by bikeCOLORADO; 05-17-2006 at 02:35 PM.
    "I may be old and fat, but at least I'm slow." - Me


  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    Aha...refreshingly close to my heart. More bitterness and sarcasm from surprisingly recent transplants and not even CO natives?!
    No bitterness, but a lot of sarcasm ...I've been out here for 7 years now. I guess I'll have to wait another 10+ years before I can complain about the outsiders invading MY Colorado? Fortunately, I can still complain about all of the foreigners invading MY America because that always makes for an intelligent argument...

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: breckseth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    296

    its all good bikeco

    i was gussing at sarcasm yes. thats why i threw in the
    i grew up in FTC myself, so I rember 1979 when Ft. collins had like 62k population. now it streches all the way to Windsor. its like 145k or something like that.

  36. #36
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 2melow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,677
    Quote Originally Posted by breckseth
    i grew up in FTC myself, so I rember 1979 when Ft. collins had like 62k population. now it streches all the way to Windsor. its like 145k or something like that.

    I have lived in Fort Collins since 1999 and have even seen the rapid growth. I moved to Colorado thinking Boulder was "the spot" for some reason. Fort Collins seems a bit more laid back, more down to earth people, and the county is doing some really great things to promote active living like keeping trails open and building new trails. There are so many parks in town it would make your head spin. Why has it grown so much? Because I think it has one of the best qualities of life anywhere in the country.

    Fort Collins is always rated in the best places to live and raise a family. I wonder why.

    Fort Collins has the best trails and most trails open within 4 miles of downtown. Yes, downtown. A short drive north and west will open up a whole new bag of worms.

    I've visited/lived a lot of places (on the east coast) and couldn't see moving or have thought of a better location/state I would want to be in.

    just my .02 cents
    ~Brett
    Front Range Forum Moderator

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: steadyflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,101
    We have been in Golden for the last year and recently were able to buy a place here. We are able to ride right from our front door, and I think the trails around the here are great; difficult and technical, but fun. As summer moves forward we spend a lot of time riding in Winter Park and Breckenridge. I work in downtown Denver, which is about a 30 minute commute. As someone else said, Golden is centrally located; with a thirty minute drive you can access many different riding areas or just ride from town. Having trail access from the house is great for after work rides. Overall Golden is a great town, but hurry real estate prices are rising fast and homes/condos sell quickly.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: j-dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    116

    Smile Frequent Question

    This is a fairly frequently asked question here. And I've learned a little bit from all the answers one hears. In my opinion, you really can't go wrong. I live up in FC and I love it. That said I think I could learn to love Loveland, Denver, COS, Pueblo, GJ, and of course, any of the mountain towns.

    The fact is that Colorado has a pretty good scene for biking (road or mountain) no matter where you are. And people will always say their locale is the best. I'd stack FC/Loveland up against any other 'big' town in CO. But that doesn't mean it's better, it's just got its own flavor. I personally like FC because I can ride from my house and be on at least 5 different great rides within 5-30 minutes. Come June, I'll be able to connect 4 of those areas without ever seeing pavement. Pretty nice.

    Find a place that matches you (job, social scene, parks, etc.) Learn to love it. Get involved in the community, volunteer on trail days, and fight for responsible access. Soon you'll find you could never imagine living anywhere else.

    j

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Burdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    186
    I have been to Colorado springs and love it, but I'm wondering on the work situation?

    I've been in purchaing most of my career and have also done project management, all in a Mfg. enviroment. I'm currently in purchasing for a very, very large sunglass company located in southern california.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Burdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    186
    The golden area seams to be getting a lot of up...very nice. How's the housing situation? Although, I want to buy...I think it would be smarter to rent until I was secure with everything.

    I currently pay $1600/mo for a 2bd room apartment, which is one of the reasons I want out!

    What about work in this area? I'm a buyer for a large sunglass mfg and have also done project management for some large manufacturing companies.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Burdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    186
    I understand...I'll stay out. :-)

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Burdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    186
    Appreciate all the input....

    I have been in california all my life, well since I was 10 and now I'm 40, and I think it's just time to move on. I've been to a few places in Colorado adn have always loved it, but other commitments (family, work, life and etc) have always prohibited a move...now things are different and I think I could make the move now and really enjoy living the rest of my life in that beaufitul state.

    I'm planning on a taking a trip to a few areas soon.

  43. #43
    Rocky Mountain High
    Reputation: Saint John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    234
    Get creative about your career and move to Crested Butte or Durango. The riding is unmatched in Colorado.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Burdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    186
    Jaydude,

    Sorry for the delays...my PC has been crashing.

    I love Colorado Springs and it's one of the areas that I'm considering heavily. I have looked at the housing and it seams affordable and the job market looks pretty good too.

    I'm currently a buyer for a sunglass mfg'r and have also done some extensive project management.
    I'm looking to rent a little 2bd room at the start until i get acclimated to the area and etc..Not concerned about schools, since I'm solo and my kids are all grown.

    Any info on jobs & housing would be great....

    Please feel free to PM me and I can give you my conact info.

    Regards,
    Scott

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude_72
    Allright Birdman,

    I am not seeing enough love in this post for Colorado Springs.

    As a native of Colorado Springs I have had the opportunity to ride the majority of the trails in the area and all over the state. I cant speak for the Boulder/Ft Collins area (from what I have read there are good trails up there) but I feel the Springs area blows away the denver/golden area as far as riding goes. The trails are longer, less crowded, and more secluded that what I have seen in Denver/Golden. Plus living down here give you quick access to the little known trails at Pueblo Resivor(year around riding down there) and the gem trails down in Beulah and the wet mountains. I could ride the trails by my house all season long and be happy. St. Mary to Jones park is my favorite ride. Its a long ride almost all single track with an unbelievalbe downhill winding through aspen meadows.

    As far as the job market goes there is plenty of work down here. I am a technical recruiter and could help you find a job here. Its what I do everyday.

    Housing is also exploding with the average price of houses being in the $250k range with plenty of great neighborhoods and schools.

    There got my 2 cents in..


    Jaydude

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Burdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    186
    I have no issues with changing careers if it puts food in my mouth, a roof over my head and allows me to ride!

    I'm wide open to taking on new ventures.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint John
    Get creative about your career and move to Crested Butte or Durango. The riding is unmatched in Colorado.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Burdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    186
    doh!!
    Last edited by Burdman; 05-31-2006 at 11:03 AM.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Burdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    186
    Hey Bike Colorado,

    I understand....but is there room for just one more? I'll buy the beer!


    Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    I apolgoze for my outburst of Sarcasm..

    Californians and Texans are moving here in the masses, I talk to so many "former Californians" out here I'm suprised there's anyone left out West. Denver is smog city...before you know it Colorado Springs to Denver to Boulder will be one huge snarling polluted megametroplexopolis. Suburban sprawl is totally out of control. Housing and Real Estate prices are exploding due to the huge influx of people with hard buying cash from their home sales elsewhere.

    Catch 22...I know how great riding here is now - I know how awesome this state is (I'm one of the few true Colorado state natives here), I love to share it with people...I'd rather keep it great though too. Sorry my bitterness squeaked out in a fit of sarcasm.

    "trails are covered in 3 feet of snow 11 months of the year"...I hope that sounded like sarcasm and not an honest observation.

  48. #48
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,901
    BM, on't listen to BCOLO he's still bitter about the influx of us cali types. COS is a nice place but the job market isn't all it could be with regards to manufacturing. Denver or above is a more likely fit. However, COS is MUCH less crowded than anywhere North. The quality of life everywhere in CO is better than in anywhere in CA, IMHO. I lived in CA since 1978, moved here in 2002 and never regretted a thing! I have lived more LIFE in the last 4 years than in the previous 24 in CA.

    Basically anywhere you move here will be good. If I were to do it again, I would move to Golden. But that is just because I also prefer to ski...

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •