Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2009

whats with all the dumb f@&ks?

there seems to be an excessive amount of dumb people on the trails lately....not yielding to uphill riders; rushing to get out ahead when multiple groups are stopped and then going uber slow; riding centennial cone in the counter clockwise fashion so you get the lame road portion as the final downhill.
    wtf?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    oh yeah...and posting pics of them riding off trail when the trail is dry!!

Diggity Dog
    Oh my gawd .... actually riding Centennial Cone in a direction you don't approve of? That must of been so hard for you.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdavis
    there seems to be an excessive amount of dumb people on the trails lately....not yielding to uphill riders; rushing to get out ahead when multiple groups are stopped and then going uber slow; riding centennial cone in the counter clockwise fashion so you get the lame road portion as the final downhill.
    wtf?
    I prefer the counterclockwise direction, thank you.

mtbr member

Dumb?

From Merriam-Webster:
    Main Entry: 1dumb
    Pronunciation: \ˈdəm\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German tumb mute
    Date: before 12th century
    1 a : lacking the human power of speech b of a person often offensive : lacking the ability to speak

I like the counter-clockwise option. But I park on the North side.
    Cheers.

This is how it started...
    The cone seems to draw an unusual amount of those types of riders...IMO.
    Life is about the ride.

mtbr member
    I always thought yileding to uphill traffic is dumb. When I'm suffering up a hill, I don't want downhillers to slam on their brakes, step aside and watch me struggle until I fail on a small rock right next to their feet.
    I'd rather be the one getting off the bike and taking a breather while they continue on!

Chronic 1st-timer
    Dont' forget those that ride roads/doubletrack when there's a singletrack option (I only ever do the out-back from Mayhem Gulch @CC)
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!

Shread Ready
    I was all over WR yesterday and didn't have any issues. But, that's on a Monday morning. Good times at WR for this Rider.

Stand back
    Just the opposite of my ride at Apex yesterday, it was a ghost town. Saw maybe 4 other people, and they were all very friendly. Maybe it's just me.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    "rushing to get out ahead when multiple groups are stopped and then going uber slow; riding centennial cone in the counter clockwise fashion"

Are you implying that slow riders should just sit and wait for all the fast people to go first? Are they second class riders? I'm guessing you were already a super fast rider when you started...

And, who cares what direction people ride a trial? I think the Cone is fun in both directions. Do you complain when people ride an out-and-back trail the wrong way too?

There's a lot of tourists, newbies, girlfriends and wives, that come out this time of year to try a new sport. Give them some slack. They're learning.

Now, if someone doesn't yield properly, go ahead and punch them in the throat.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Just the opposite of my ride at Apex yesterday, it was a ghost town. Saw maybe 4 other people, and they were all very friendly. Maybe it's just me.
    I think I could have been one of them.

bacon! bacon! bacon!

mtbr member
    rushing to get out ahead when multiple groups are stopped and then going uber slow
    I know when I'm probably slower than a group of people, and I'd just as soon let them out in front so I never have to see them again. But, if they stop to take a break and you run across them, what are you supposed to do? Take a seat and let them decide when you can go again?
    I don't like to get ahead of them in this situation, but if I do, it's really no big deal to stop and let them by when they catch up.
    It sounds like the OP is a bit stressed out or anal retentitve, or both.

That's what she said
    Apr 2006
    hmmmm if you think there are so many "dumb people" out on the trail doing everything wrong but you are always in the right. Who really is the "dumb" person?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve
    I always thought yileding to uphill traffic is dumb. When I'm suffering up a hill, I don't want downhillers to slam on their brakes, step aside and watch me struggle until I fail on a small rock right next to their feet.
    I'd rather be the one getting off the bike and taking a breather while they continue on!
    Well, for those of us who struggle uphill, it's not dumb at all. If I'm moving, I can keep going, but if I stop, I might not be able to get started again. The downhiller, on the other hand, can easily get started again to continue enjoying the ride.

Now, that said, if I'm about do stop anyway, I'll stop to let the downhill guy go by without stopping, but if I'm working hard and cleaning the climb, I'm going to exercise my right of way!
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles

Bike Addiction
    I love wonderwoman!
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

mtbr member
    not yielding to uphill riders
    I agree with this one. I always yield to the uphill and would much rather have my downhill interrupted than my uphill.

rushing to get out ahead when multiple groups are stopped and then going uber slow
    If you pass me, you'd better bust your a** to stay ahead of me - also, don't stop to rest on a climb and then pull your rested legs in right behind me as I pass you.

riding centennial cone in the counter clockwise fashion so you get the lame road portion as the final downhill.
    This makes me dumb?

I'll have to add that large group rides don't make people dumb, but they definitely make people much less inclined to consider other trail users. I was reminded of this yesterday morning at BC.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    sorry guys i was pretty hammered last night and a little pissed about some encounters i had with dumb people over the weekend.

what can i say...im kind of a prick like that sometimes

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 00sable
    I love wonderwoman!
    I've always been a Xenia Princess Warrior guy myself but Wonder Woman did have the rockin' push up Wonder Bra.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    FWIW -- Even though Ned is more crowded than ever, for the most part everyone is super courteous and cool. Except for the Ba$tard who stole my damn map -- that was totally lame!

Alaskan in exile.

Showing my age...

Quote Originally Posted by zrm
    I've always been a Xenia Princess Warrior guy myself but Wonder Woman did have the rockin' push up Wonder Bra.
    ... but if we're going old school, I have to go with the following (from Saturday mornings of yesteryear) over Wonder Woman:

Just personal preference, I guess!
    nanook93
    Ride what you like, like what you ride.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook93
    ... but if we're going old school, I have to go with the following (from Saturday mornings of yesteryear) over Wonder Woman:

Just personal preference, I guess!
    Have you considered therapy? 'Cause if you haven't... you probably should.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The trails are open to the public and that includes smart ones and dumb ones. I like clockwise.
    WTF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast