how heavy are you ??

Whats the 411 on new mex right now...

for riding? Is there anything ridable thats not a rail road grade?I have a four day weekend coming up... not sure where to go.....
    Scott

MK_
    carpe maņana
    How about Arizona?

_MK

Big Boned
    I don't know about Gallup, but White Mesa near San Ysidro is probably clear. It's a ways northwest of Albuquerque, from Denver you go 25 south to Bernalillo and then go west. Google it, there are maps and such online. And there are a few threads about it in the New Mexico forum if you search it, including a helmet cam vid some guy shot. Rim riding along a high desert mesa. Looks very cool.
    Never rub another man's rhubarb.

Rolling
    Fruita and Moab are closer.

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottay5150
    for riding? Is there anything ridable thats not a rail road grade?I have a four day weekend coming up... not sure where to go.....
    Scott
    When? Right now anything above 7000 feet (Santa Fe, Taos, Los Alamos) are either somewhat snowed in / muddy, or substantially snow-covered. Even the Rail trail is muddy. White/Red Mesa and some of the mellow stuff in the Foothills are in OK shape around ABQ - but more moisture is headed our way later in the week.

Further South (WAY further ~ 4 hours south of SF) in Las Cruces / El Paso - things are great!
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

icegeek is hot
    Quote Originally Posted by glenzx
    When? Right now anything above 7000 feet (Santa Fe, Taos, Los Alamos)
    Thanks for the update. What's your best guess as to how late in spring the higher rides will open up?

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by TVC15
    Thanks for the update. What's your best guess as to how late in spring the higher rides will open up?
    Like CO - hard to tell, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be a hot spring.... but as of now - with more moisture on the way - I'd bet the 10k and up stuff is socked in till early June at least. The snowpack is EPIC! We'll have drifts in the shade/north sides all summer long, I bet.
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

icegeek is hot
    Like CO - hard to tell, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be a hot spring....
    Thanks again, and I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I've never ridden in NM and want to plan a spring trip (4-5 days, asap) and didn't know when to schedule it. Obviously I'd like to be out that way when there would be enough/good rides to make it worth the trip. Do you think mid-April would be too early?

how heavy are you ??

My wife is trying to get rid of me...

For the weekend. And she suggested Las Cruces.... i was thinking more of a Fruita trip ... but not opposed to going elsewhere. What can I expect near Las Cruces?
    Scott

Mythical Creature
    Mid April is still a little early - as even if we have a fast and warm early spring, there's till a ton of snow - and stream crossing will be treacherous! But, a lot of mid-elevation stuff will be great. I'd bet all the awesome stuff in the 'metro' ABQ area will be good-to-go, and our lower stuff here in SF ought to be good too. But above 8500 ft. it'll be dicey - and there's a LOT to be ridden up high - including most all the big epics in SF.

But between ABQ and SF and Los Alamos - you'd have a good time, no doubt. Not the highest up, mostest bestest epic rides, but a sh1tload of good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TVC15
    Thanks again, and I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I've never ridden in NM and want to plan a spring trip (4-5 days, asap) and didn't know when to schedule it. Obviously I'd like to be out that way when there would be enough/good rides to make it worth the trip. Do you think mid-April would be too early?
    follow me on Twitter!

icegeek is hot
    highest up, mostest bestest epic rides
    Hmm. Alrighty then. I know good advice when I hear it.

I'll scratch NM in April and head west, and maybe look at spending the long 4th of July weekend in your fine state exploring the highest, mostest, bestest epic rides. I have four weeks of vacation to burn through this year, and I really don't want them to suck. Thanks a bunch.

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottay5150
    For the weekend. And she suggested Las Cruces.... i was thinking more of a Fruita trip ... but not opposed to going elsewhere. What can I expect near Las Cruces?
    Scott
    Las Cruces / El Paso offer tons of rocky technical trails. Hop on over to the NM boards and check out the info., and post up questions there.
    follow me on Twitter!