Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,882

    What are you drinking tonight? I'll start

    I went into Total Bev on 92nd and Sheridan to buy just some cheap six pack, I swear. As I was checking out what was on sale, I heard a voice...from over there...try me, try me it said. I found that a bomber of Marble Double India Pale Ale was calling my name and it was on sale for $5.48 or thereabouts. What the heck, I drink their IPA all the time, why not try their DIPA which effectively costs about three times as much? It's only money.

    Well, I wish this DIPA was the same price as their IPA because it sure is good. 8%, not over the top anything, just smooth and drinkable.

    What are you drinking tonight?  I'll start-1-dscn3041.jpg
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,074
    Nice. I just got done playing hockey at the Prom. Beer. Canadian.

  3. #3
    a dad
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,322
    Long Strange Trippel from Boulevard.. I am slightly addicted to it.. love it
    BBZ

    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

  4. #4
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    Nice. I just got done playing hockey at the Prom. Beer. Canadian.
    They also have poutine at benders!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,145
    $5.48, I'm assuming that was for a six pack?

  6. #6
    Dickhouse
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    291
    Nice. Marble's regular IPA is maybe my favorite IPA ever. But tonight is a Dale's night.

  7. #7
    Indian Brother
    Reputation: dancesatmoonrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork View Post
    $5.48, I'm assuming that was for a six pack?
    No, a bomber would probably be 22 oz.
    But you knew that. : )

    Anyway, cool thread!

    As for me; after a few good post-ride Sunday afternoon brews, mellowing down with an inexpensive but delicious Concanon 2010 Petit Sirah. This is not the same grape used to make the French Cote du Rhone, which is the Syrah varietal, but rather the related Durif grape, common in California and Australia.

    I've paired it with home-made soft-corn bean tostadas and salsa. An interesting and delightful match up.

    And for desert, more cheap liquor. Sierra Nevada Stout, on sale at Cheers in Colorado Springs; $7 a six. This swill's actually pretty good stuff.


    Hey, happy Sunday to everyone, and .... CHEERS!


  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Blueallah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    119
    Start drinking Funkwerks and you'll never complain about a $5.48 bomber again.

  9. #9
    a dad
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueallah View Post
    Start drinking Funkwerks and you'll never complain about a $5.48 bomber again.
    true.. I had one of theirs last week, Belgian Trippel... Realy good!
    BBZ

    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

  10. #10
    I dream on two wheels
    Reputation: Simonns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    719

    What are you drinking tonight? I'll start

    Had a bomber of Arrogant Bastard after riding a little buff creek this afternoon.
    Whiskey

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    37
    A glass of hard cider, with a shot of fireball cinnamon whisky poured in. Friggin Outstanding! Don't knock it til ya tried it!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,145
    [QUOTE=dancesatmoonrise;10227955]No, a bomber would probably be 22 oz.
    But you knew that. : )

    You are right, I knew that. I can only relate to the 12 oz, 17.99 for a 30 pack of Busch or Miller at King Soopers.

  13. #13
    zrm
    zrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,610
    Water. Never really liked alcohol. Human beings are dumb enough, why ingest something that makes you even dumber?

  14. #14
    a dad
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    Water. Never really liked alcohol. Human beings are dumb enough, why ingest something that makes you even dumber?
    He sounds like a fun one...
    BBZ

    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

  15. #15
    zrm
    zrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,610
    You need alcohol to have fun? That's too bad.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,882
    zrm, sounds like this whole Craft Beer thing is passing you by. To each his own.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  17. #17
    zrm
    zrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,610
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    zrm, sounds like this whole Craft Beer thing is passing you by. To each his own.
    Interestingly I like the taste of beer once and a while, I just don't like alcohol. I don't like how it makes me feel.

    I'll have an NA beer when the hankering gets me. There are actually a few fairly decent NA's out there (although the depth of variety isn't nearly what it is with regular beer). If you only taste beer every 3-4 months though, they all taste intense, kind of like coffee to a non coffee drinker.

  18. #18
    a dad
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    You need alcohol to have fun? That's too bad.
    no, bikes work well too..
    BBZ

    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,882
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    Interestingly I like the taste of beer once and a while, I just don't like alcohol. I don't like how it makes me feel.

    I'll have an NA beer when the hankering gets me. There are actually a few fairly decent NA's out there (although the depth of variety isn't nearly what it is with regular beer). If you only taste beer every 3-4 months though, they all taste intense, kind of like coffee to a non coffee drinker.
    I was a regular beer drinker back in the day before the onslaught of Craft beers (being a construction worker and all, we'd chug a quart of Coors on the way home from work on a hot summer's day, sort of a water substitute). I got sick on a trip to Mexico and my body chemistry changed. It took me two years to figure out it was the beer that was making me feel like sh!t. Easy choice, I said goodbye to beer.

    I know what you're saying when you say you don't like the way the alcohol makes you feel. Whatever is in beer made me feel the same way. I was suddenly the designated driver in any group. I wasn't interested in any spirits and only started drinking wine after maybe 8 years passed. Only in the last two years have I been able to drink beer without it making me feel like sh!t (guess my body chemistry changed back), just in time to go nuts sampling the Craft beers that are everywhere now.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  20. #20
    a dad
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    I was a regular beer drinker back in the day before the onslaught of Craft beers (being a construction worker and all, we'd chug a quart of Coors on the way home from work on a hot summer's day, sort of a water substitute). I got sick on a trip to Mexico and my body chemistry changed. It took me two years to figure out it was the beer that was making me feel like sh!t. Easy choice, I said goodbye to beer.

    I know what you're saying when you say you don't like the way the alcohol makes you feel. Whatever is in beer made me feel the same way. I was suddenly the designated driver in any group. I wasn't interested in any spirits and only started drinking wine after maybe 8 years passed. Only in the last two years have I been able to drink beer without it making me feel like sh!t (guess my body chemistry changed back), just in time to go nuts sampling the Craft beers that are everywhere now.
    Do you think it could have something to do with preservatives in cheap beer?? I would venture to say that craft beer is more organic, even if not labeled organic..
    BBZ

    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,145
    That's the trouble with this damn country. Everybody running around drinking this craft, or fufu, or whatever you call it beer and acting like it tastes good. BS on that, give me a good old PBR, or Busch or Miller and let me feel the rush. :-)

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,882
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    Do you think it could have something to do with preservatives in cheap beer?? I would venture to say that craft beer is more organic, even if not labeled organic..
    There was never any testing done but I couldn't drink: Heineken, St. Pauli Girl (my favorite at the time), Coors, never drank Bud or Miller. I used to say it was the hops but I never really knew.

    When I decided to see if I could finally drink beer after maybe 15 years away (), during which time some of my friends were brewing their own beers and I never tasted any of it ("Sorry, I can't drink beer"), I did some research at Beer Advocate and Rate Beer. Result? My first two beers back were Dogfish Head 90 minute and Victory Storm King Stout () Talk about a revelation, almost a religious experience.

    After a year of trying everything I narrowed it down to IPAs and Stouts. And mainly $7.50 or less a sixer. None of this 4 pack for $12, I don't care how good it is. An occasional bomber like this Marble DIPA or the Wookey Jack but I refuse to get into the habit of spending a lot of money to get my beer on. Heck, $12.99 for a 12 pack of Torpedo suits me just fine.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  23. #23
    a dad
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    There was never any testing done but I couldn't drink: Heineken, St. Pauli Girl (my favorite at the time), Coors, never drank Bud or Miller. I used to say it was the hops but I never really knew.
    .
    I would think all the mass produced beer have some sort of preservatives, but I am not expert.. Heineken = Budweiser of Holland? St Pauli = Budweiser of Germany??
    BBZ

    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,882
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    I would think all the mass produced beer have some sort of preservatives, but I am not expert.. Heineken = Budweiser of Holland? St Pauli = Budweiser of Germany??
    Could be. That's all there was back then. Now they're derisively called "green bottle beers". I did try a St. Pauli Girl during my comeback but found I didn't like pilsners any more (if that's what it is). I tried a Coors Banquet during a Coors tour a few months ago. It was all I could do to keep from blurting out "I used to drink this?" Great tour, though. Huge facility. A few minutes later I went to GCB! The macro and the micro of it all.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Similar Threads

  1. What are you drinking right now?
    By Vlad in forum Beer Forum
    Replies: 5115
    Last Post: 3 Days Ago, 03:36 PM
  2. What are you drinking/listening to tonight
    By scar in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 09:07 PM
  3. Drinking too much tonight, tomorrows gonna hurt
    By Buckley29er in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 02:05 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 12:55 AM
  5. Merry Christmas Beer....What are you drinking tonight?
    By rockcrusher in forum Beer Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 03:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •