mtbr member
    Mar 2005

What XC trails to ride in Colorado ?

I'm thinking about a rode trip this fall from Virginia to Colorado. Just load up the car and head west for a couple of weeks. What are the best trails ( XC type ) in Colorado ?

Awesomist™
    Sir, there are too many killer epic XC rides out here to even get into a list. Sections of the Colorado Trail, Salida area riding, Summit County, Fraser Valley, Durango Area, Fruita/GJ, Ned... I don't know that anyone could tell you what the best of the best of the best is, sir. But you could start here:

http://www.trailcentral.com/

And just see if anything piques your interest. My advice would be to rock as many of the truly epic rides that your lungs and legs can handle. Kenosha > Georgia > Breck is a good one. So is Monarch Crest. Nearly anything in Crested Butte. Hermosa Creek near Durango. And there's some killer epic ride that links Copper and Vail together that I've never done but needs to be on the list. Rabbit Ears > Steamboat is a killer one as well.

Good God man... why are people always asking the difficult questions? Ah well... XC season is just around the corner, and I will finally be able to RIDE this year!
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

cheeseburger in paradise
    Yep, what he said. Your question is just to general. If everyone chimed in on what they think the best xc trails are, well you'd probably find that every trail in Colorado is the best trail in Colorado. The good news is that you really can't go wrong no matter where in Colorado you ride. It's all rad.

Best thing to do is figure out a few places you really want to go in Colorado and then ask what in that area should be ridden. If you'll be out here in the Fall, then some of the higher elevation stuff may not work out, but the desert riding will be great (Fruita/Grand Junction). Just depends on when in the Fall you plan on being here.