Yappy little dog!

What would you like?

So, I was volunteered with the task of re-building Team Evergreens Website. Ok, so I made it a point to say it needed work. Then they elect me to the board, so I guess I have no choice now . So, as I continue on this venture I am curious to hear what would make it an informative place for riders. What kind of features would you like to see? I am not looking to replace or compete with MTBR, but I am trying to localize the riding a bit more. I already have an automated ride calendar for TE lead rides, a forum system, and sections for mountain, road, and casual rides. Additionally, memberships will be online, an online store for TE swag, and expanded Triple ByPass info.

If you are not a member of TE, then shoot a PM and I'll tell you how to join. A lot of good will be happening, especially in the MTB arena.

-----------------------------------------
    [SIZE="3"]STIFLER'S MOM LIVE AT THE BUFFALO ROSE IN GOLDEN! SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 17 AT 9:00 PM. NO COVER - FREE FUN - AND LOTS OF VITAMINENERGY DRINK[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Maybe make an womens ride only (weekly)? For mountain biking and road? Just a suggestion.

I'm a member of TE. It would be nice to see more women oriented groups rides.
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikergal
    Maybe make an womens ride only (weekly)? For mountain biking and road? Just a suggestion.

I'm a member of TE. It would be nice to see more women oriented groups rides.
    Great suggestion. I will bring it up at the next meeting and I'll also create a gals ride only section on the forum system.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    Great suggestion. I will bring it up at the next meeting and I'll also create a gals ride only section on the forum system.
    Awesome! I already have a handful of girls this would be useful for. Also I noticed that alot of the ride times are during the week in the mornings. I think it would work best for most if the times were in the latter part of the day.
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikergal
    Awesome! I already have a handful of girls this would be useful for. Also I noticed that alot of the ride times are during the week in the mornings. I think it would work best for most if the times were in the latter part of the day.
    Hmm... Which rides? The published mountain bike rides and road rides are always on a Saturday and/or Sunday starting in the morning. There is a Wednesday night casual ride that starts in the evening around 5:00 or so.

There are some impromptu rides that happen mornings mid-week, but that's usually arranged by people who don't have to work (don't know how they do it, but I sure wish I could).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    Hmm... Which rides? The published mountain bike rides and road rides are always on a Saturday and/or Sunday starting in the morning. There is a Wednesday night casual ride that starts in the evening around 5:00 or so.

There are some impromptu rides that happen mornings mid-week, but that's usually arranged by people who don't have to work (don't know how they do it, but I sure wish I could).
    Maybe I wasn't reading very closely. Definitely could be, happens all the time

Either way more women friendly rides would be great!!

Thanks!
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Definitely address women's rides. I like that idea. My gf will not ride with us because we are all guys and she feels she will essentially be riding alone so she hasn't really started. She would be very open to riding with women, especially since women are probably more tolerant of slower and newer riders while guys get more competitive and blast on. We need more women in the sport anyway.

Now let's get to my wants. I'd be open to joining and riding with the whole team next year and having a calendar that is updated frequently would be really helpful. I met some of the riders while on the trail a few times and they seem like a nice and diverse group of people.

Good job, man

brg
    mtbr member

a bit OT but....

there is an organized girls ride in Boulder - it runs March thru mid-Sept.

I know it's too far for a lot of Denver gals during the week...but i think Wheat Ridge Cyclery has a womens mtn bike ride too.

we are doing girls only bike maintenance clinics this off-season. The 1st one on Nov 15th (2 days away!) , Dec, Jan, Feb.

http://tuesdayrides.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brg
    there is an organized girls ride in Boulder - it runs March thru mid-Sept.

I know it's too far for a lot of Denver gals during the week...but i think Wheat Ridge Cyclery has a womens mtn bike ride too.

we are doing girls only bike maintenance clinics this off-season. The 1st one on Nov 15th (2 days away!) , Dec, Jan, Feb.

http://tuesdayrides.blogspot.com/
    Thanks C.

But my girls can't make it up to Boulder in time for your rides!!

Flyer, throughout the summer and even now on the weekends my group of girls get together and ride, so if your gf is looking for a pretty chilled group of girls to ride with just let me know.
    Ride Fast, Take Chances!