Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

What I settled with.

After much contemplation, test rides, and selling off my 08 Carbon Enduro, I officially settled with the 09 Cannondale Moto Carbon 2. Had its official run over the weekend and was throughly impressed by the bikes potential. Doesn't climb as good as the Enduro did, but I'm going to have to say that it feels lots smoother flying downhill. Still getting the front and rear all dialed in, but that leaves me excited for spring!

Your retarded
    That's a pretty pimp color scheme. I dig it.

Does the bottom eye of that shock mount to the front triangle or rear triangle?

Also, is it just me, or does that bike have the longest head tube of any modern mountain bike ever built?
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    the head tube is a fatty, and I know for sure that its the largest out of any carbon frames.
    The 5.0 mounts to the rear triangle which comes apart into 3 pieces as well. Before I bought the bike the hatchet drive looked a little complex and busy, but I'm pretty happy with the performance side of it.

Thread Terrorist
    That thing looks like a rube-goldberg experiment by the santa cruz bullit designer! LOL

Nice bike! Now lets rip!
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Funny you should mention Santa Cruz. I personally like this bike, but Cannondale uses a strange bit of marketing with this shock mount design:

"The design re-orients shock forces in two directions for better force dispersion and, because it actuates from two directions, it breaks seal stiction faster for premium suspension performance"
    Santa Cruz calls BS on this quote with a decent explanation. Andrew, don't let one company's opinion of another company's marketing department slow you down. That bike is light and fast
    Proud to race for Mojo Wheels

Your bike is incorrigible
    I'd say the marketing types like to hype it up. However, I would trust the C-Dale design over Kona's weird-a$$ link and retro looking secondary "shock" any day. If it's so revolutionary, how come I don't hear more about it or see more people riding it?

Custom User Title
    Because it's maaaagickkkkkkkk...
    Team MOJO Wheels.

mtbr member
    SWEET LOOKING BIKE! I wanted one, but settled on a Yeti 575, it's a bit lighter, almost as much travel, climbs really well, and truth be told I got an employee discount on the yeti. Something I couldn't have done with the C'Dale. Enjoy that thing!
    Catalina wine Mixer!

Antitheist & Kitten lover
    Well, there are many reasons you don't see certain bikes like Konas "on the front range", and many of them have little to do with facts. While none of us would be willing to following the herd instinct, it still influences your purchases. I am sure there is a region where Kona is a popular choice, and is also recommended to new bike purchasers. That maaaaagickal place sure ain't here though.
    Proud to race for Mojo Wheels

ridin dirtay
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnielson
    Doesn't climb as good as the Enduro did, but I'm going to have to say that it feels lots smoother flying downhill.

I'd rather adjust my riding style to accommodate a bike on a climb than make adjustments for the down, any day.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    We're gonna have a Kona Cadabra in our demo fleet in a few weeks. I'm excited to spend some time on it.
    On the few short test rides I've taken, the most noticeable thing is that I didn't really notice anything....which was pretty cool.

To the OP, congrats, that looks like a fun bike.

Your bike is incorrigible
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron
    We're gonna have a Kona Cadabra in our demo fleet in a few weeks. I'm excited to spend some time on it.
    On the few short test rides I've taken, the most noticeable thing is that I didn't really notice anything....which was pretty cool.
    We expect a full write up after you guys have spent more time on it.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Yessir. I think those bikes should be showing up in about 3 weeks. Hopefully the weather will be cooperating by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    We expect a full write up after you guys have spent more time on it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    My friend has a moto and loves it. What is more amazing is watching him eat up technical stuff on this bike.
    Free Wheel Coffee...A Coffee of Free Will
    www.Freewheelcoffee.com

Fixed and single.
    Oh man, that's a tough bike to "settle" on!
    "Those are some good humans."

crash and burn at 45
    daddy likes. wow, now it needs to be dirty.
    COMBA fan boy card holder #1.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    I'd rather adjust my riding style to accommodate a bike on a climb than make adjustments for the down, any day.
    oh it still eats up climbs, but doesn't have the on the fly climb feature like on my e150 on the Enduro. I'm thinking that this will be a great frontrange bike

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonj1979
    ... but settled on a Yeti 575, it's a bit lighter, almost as much travel, climbs really well, and truth be told I got an employee discount on the yeti....!
    Conformist
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

hehe ...you said "member"
    Congrats!
    that's one beautiful looking rig ... too clean, of course, but that's easy enough to change.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jake7
    Congrats!
    that's one beautiful looking rig ... too clean, of course, but that's easy enough to change.
    oh we'll take care of that next week when it could be in the low 50's

I dream on two wheels
    Is that the one that has been sitting on the floor at REI downtown for the last couple months? I was checking it out just the other day. Nice bike!!

-Simon
    Whiskey

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR

That's my motto... Hey, you stole my motto!
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonns
    Is that the one that has been sitting on the floor at REI downtown for the last couple months? I was checking it out just the other day. Nice bike!!

-Simon
    nope not from REI...do they carry cannondale mtb's?

I dream on two wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnielson
    nope not from REI...do they carry cannondale mtb's?
    Yeah, they have that exact bike I think, looks pretty bad ass! I check it out pretty much every time I'm there. They have a couple other models too.

-Simon
    Last edited by Simonns; 02-10-2010 at 09:32 PM.
    Whiskey

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonvelocity
    Funny you should mention Santa Cruz. I personally like this bike, but Cannondale uses a strange bit of marketing with this shock mount design:

"The design re-orients shock forces in two directions for better force dispersion and, because it actuates from two directions, it breaks seal stiction faster for premium suspension performance"

Santa Cruz calls BS on this quote with a decent explanation. Andrew, don't let one company's opinion of another company's marketing department slow you down. That bike is light and fast
    Ha ha, that's definitely some good ol' marketing BS right there. I guess normal suspensions somehow defy Newton's laws and skip that pesky "reaction".

The whole "floater" trend provides more control over the leverage rate, with one con being that it increases the loads on the main swingarm pivot bearing. The Santa Cruz article is right on the money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast