Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    "Oldfart from Wayback"

What Front Range Trail will be Ridable Tomorrow ?

I have tomorrow off, since the house I was supposed to trim, is completely flooded.

I know DBB drains fast, but I was thinking Crosier or Hall's Ranch. How ' bout W Mag ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Are you planning to ride a bike or a kayak?

Now older but less slow!

What Front Range Trail will be Ridable Tomorrow ?

All boulder county open space and mountain park system is closed so forget anything around Boulder. West Mag will be a mud pit plus it would be very hard to get to anyway. Most canyon roads are washed out.

My best guess wound be Buffalo Creek but I'm not sure how that would even hold up with all theirs rain.

Professional Bad Ass
    Feb 2007
    I think the real question might now be which trails are rideable a month from now and which ones won't open until next season.... The flatter trails are going to be mud pits and the steeper trails are going to be washed away.

mtbr member
    Stay off the trails its not even done raining yet.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I think the post was tongue in cheek but once people get past the immediate danger and clean up, dealing with trails will probably take years.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm View Post
    I think the post was tongue in cheek but once people get past the immediate danger and clean up, dealing with trails will probably take years.
    ZRM how are things looking up your way?

Last weekend trails were in great shape with some limited mud in spots. I am assuming things will need to dry out, but seems the Front Range got hit much harder by this system.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by steadyflow View Post
    ZRM how are things looking up your way?

Last weekend trails were in great shape with some limited mud in spots. I am assuming things will need to dry out, but seems the Front Range got hit much harder by this system.
    It's very wet but no flooding. We get rain move through, then the sun comes out, then rain comes through again. Trails are probably best avoided right now, the ground is totally saturated and the water isn't soaking in. The periods of sun aren't enough to dry things out.

For us it's uncomfortable and inconvenient, but not destructive or dangerous.

mtbr member
    It's very wet but no flooding. We get rain move through, then the sun comes out, then rain comes through again. Trails are probably best avoided right now, the ground is totally saturated and the water isn't soaking in. The periods of sun aren't enough to dry things out.

Thanks that is what I figured.....so many mushrooms out up there. I have never seen so many over the past month or so.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by steadyflow View Post
    Thanks that is what I figured.....so many mushrooms out up there. I have never seen so many over the past month or so.
    Yeah, no doubt. I've seen wet summers like this past July and August, but I don't think I've seen it last this long into September before.

mtbr member
    buffalo creek/colroado trail should be rideable, I don't think the rain has hit as hard out there and moisture would be great for the sand

mtbr member
    Was thinking about riding up in Minturn tomorrow...think it will be ok to ride? My friend that lives up there says its not that bad? He doesn't bike much though...only when I'm there really.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I hate to even think about mountain biking right now, but I've got to get out of north Boulder for a little while. Has anyone been down around Buffalo Creek in the last day or so? I'd really like to get down there for a few hours of riding tomorrow and it'd be nice to get a first hand report before making that drive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I hate to even think about mountain biking right now, but I've got to get out of north Boulder for a little while. Has anyone been down around Buffalo Creek in the last day or so? I'd really like to get down there for a few hours of riding tomorrow and it'd be nice to get a first hand report before making that drive.
    SO on your page! I've got a week worth of work down in Durango where I won't have time to ride. Chances are I'm gonna prob be freaking out, and need to get in a fix before I leave!

Edit: smmokan, SS just gave me a heads up that S Platte flows thru Pine Valley Ranch area, and that I should give JeffCo a shout to see if they're having issues w/ flooding up that way. I've got a msg out to them via their Contact Us form and waiting to hear back. I'll update when I get more info. But I kinda think it's cool by liqwid's remark from yesterday on the Apex thread...and that S Platte flows N.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    There is plenty of trail nowhere near the platte and I dont think the rain has been heavy upstream of pine so it really is no issue. Even in the rain, BC is totally rideable as it sheds water and is not muck/mud. Its mostly decomposing granite or sand.

mtbr member
    Name:  W020070530565674328769.jpg
Views: 1747
Size:  23.9 KB

What Front Range Trail will be Ridable Tomorrow ?-water-bike_1455866i.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinjp View Post
    buffalo creek/colroado trail should be rideable, I don't think the rain has hit as hard out there and moisture would be great for the sand
    I spoke to a guy down there who is doing trail construction with COMBA this weekend and has been down for the past three days, he says its not been raining that hard down there, that rain doesn't start till the afternoon. I'm thinking of heading down there to help trail build and wanted to check in to see if they needed volunteers.

MSH
    mtbr member

Me and some buddies have Kenosha to Breck on the docket a week from tomorrow. Assuming next week is dry and sunny any thoughts on if it will be good to go?

That's what she said
    Apr 2006
    Amazing what a couple of days of sun will do. Most trails will dry out quicker than people think.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    MTBOASIS- that's assuming the trails are still there. I'm expecting the worse for some of them like Betasso, Walker, etc that run along creeks.

formerly Nomad rdr
    Apr 2010
    I realize the original post was probably in jest, but......Pueblo looks dry

Southern Colorado Trail Builders

mtbr member
    May 2012
    A little off topic but doesnt it seem that we should have a better source for trail conditions than this outdated forum format. Maybe a social media hash tag system with user photos, or COMBA website (like other, much smaller, chapters in the country)

I'm not smart enough to implement it, but it seems we can do better.

Now older but less slow!
    Well if people updated the BMA trail site (Trail Conditions | Boulder Mountainbike Alliance) then that would be a good source, but no one has updated it since this rain started. Usually it's pretty active in the Spring but I guess no one is thinking about it right now...

EDIT: I just updated the status to closed for the Boulder trail systems and poor for the high mountain trails. As they improve or reopen, please update. Thanks.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH View Post
    Me and some buddies have Kenosha to Breck on the docket a week from tomorrow. Assuming next week is dry and sunny any thoughts on if it will be good to go?
    If it stops raining and the sun comes out for a few days it should be fine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dubstings View Post
    A little off topic but doesnt it seem that we should have a better source for trail conditions than this outdated forum format. Maybe a social media hash tag system with user photos, or COMBA website (like other, much smaller, chapters in the country)

I'm not smart enough to implement it, but it seems we can do better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNormsk View Post
    Well if people updated the BMA trail site (Trail Conditions | Boulder Mountainbike Alliance) then that would be a good source, but no one has updated it since this rain started. Usually it's pretty active in the Spring but I guess no one is thinking about it right now...

EDIT: I just updated the status to closed for the Boulder trail systems and poor for the high mountain trails. As they improve or reopen, please update. Thanks.
    There's this website, but it needs more users:
    Singletracker
    2009 Stumpjumper Comp HT.
    An old Trek 820 ST.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast