mtbr member

What is the Front Range to most of you???

I'm from Pueblo, and rode very little bikes (shame on me) but rode atv's and hiked extensively in the Sangres. I encountered many mountain bikers near Spanish Peaks, Red Rock Canyon park in Canyon City, the Rainbow trail south of Salida, the Greenhorn out of Wetmore and of course PMI in Pueblo. All these aforementioned locations have awesome singletrack and endless routes.

I always understood the Front Range went further south than Boulder and Coloradp Springs. You guys out there have such awesome territory.

Great threads.

Rolling
    Anything on the east side of the divide.

mtbr member
    Front range is where alll the WHINERS are. Everyone else just rides bikes and has fun.
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    When you look up to the divide, that's The Front Range. Technically they're the Rocky Mountains but that section is TFR. The whole Denver area is the Front Range Urban Corridor, north to FoCo south to C Springs or even Pee Eblo.

Then you got the foothills which are nice too. Correct me if I'm wrong and I know you will!
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

killin clear creek
    Anything BELOW my house is the front range... (I like to pretend I don't actually live on the front range)
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toHELLuRIDE
    Front range is where alll the WHINERS are. Everyone else just rides bikes and has fun.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Personally, I don't think of all east slope Mtn ranges as FR. For instance, I don't think of Grays/Torreys as FR or The Tarryalls or The stuff around Berthod as FR. I don't know if there is an "official" boundary or not. If you ask 10 different people you'l probably get 10 different answers.

Rolling
    The official "wikipedia" answer. Debate away. Split snowshoe hares if necessary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_Range

This thread is worthy of 100 posts. Important stuff. I always worry when I ride whether I'm on the front range or not.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Geologically speaking mountain ranges are separate in how they formed, or due to a different geological event, or have a totally different structural profile, there can also be sub-ranges within larger Ranges. I think the Front Range is everything south of the Mummy Range, north of the Sangre's and east of the Tenmile and Gore Ranges. So Berthoud, Gray's and Torreys are definitely in the Front Range, no debate on that one... Unless your debate includes opinions and cultural boundaries?

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrackspeeder
    Geologically speaking mountain ranges are separate in how they formed, or due to a different geological event, or have a totally different structural profile, there can also be sub-ranges within larger Ranges. I think the Front Range is everything south of the Mummy Range, north of the Sangre's and east of the Tenmile and Gore Ranges. So Berthoud, Gray's and Torreys are definitely in the Front Range, no debate on that one... Unless your debate includes opinions and cultural boundaries?
    My debate includes opinions and cultural prejudices

I'm just relating what I think of when I think of what the Front Range is. Usually when folks around here say "let's go down to the front range, most of them are thinking almost more of the foothills, even though we know there's more to the FR than that.

Rolling
    The "Front Range", I'm sure, is the name of a medical marijuana dispensary in Colorado. Find it and you'll have your answer.

friend of Apex
    Home

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Back in the day we used to call those snow covered peaks back there "The Back Range" and the foothills "The Front Range".
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett