Whatever you think of Brian Lopes, this has gotta be for Ibis:

Brian Lopes has a new ride for 2008 with Ibis Cycles. The 36-year-old, a four-time four-cross world champion, had been looking for a new bike sponsor since fall, when GT Bicycles let him go. Lopes will race Ibis’ Mojo carbon and SL carbon-fiber bikes, and the new Tranny hardtail.

“I feel like for a long time I was riding on a Ford or a Chevy, and now I’m going to be cruising around on a Ferrari,” the reigning four-cross world and World Cup champion
said. “I’m was looking for something long-term, something where I can grow into being part of a company.”

Lopes’ change brings a new focus. The Californian will still tackle select stops on the UCI World Cup and the 2008 world championships in Val de Solay, Italy, he also will focus on festival-oriented events in the United States and Europe.

“I think Brian will bring a whole new set of awareness to the brand — for us it’s way more than just a racing sponsorship,” said Ibis’ Scot Nicol. “We’re not looking at Brian to sell four-cross bikes because he is much more than just a gravity racer. He has a really diversified skill set on a bicycle.”