Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Whaddup at Keystone this summer?

The Trestle trails/lifts plans for this summer sound great.

Sometimes my son and I like to take on the the natural terrain gnar found at Keystone. Anyone know of plans for Keystone upgrades for summer? Maybe i just need to be patient and wait for an announcement from Keystone?

Thanks,
    Terry

a dad
    Jan 2004
    What?? Keystone, upgrades?? C'mon.. no way..

Ok, just teasing, sure would love to see them get on the bandwagon again, love riding there and used to spend all my lift access money there until last year...
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Custom User Title
    With what I hear about the changes/additions going on at Winter Park I think Keystone will mostly only get the out of staters. I might go there for ol' times sake but, I'll probably spend most of my time a WP or Sol Vista.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I think the best thing you can say about Keystone, is that they open first.

Living the High Life
    Myself and several of my teammates love riding Keystone. And they have a MSC race again this summer, I wouldn't say they're out of the game. WP has Crankworx and Keystone supports the local MSC series, which also has a race at Sol Vista.

I plan on hitting everything over the summer, including Angel Fire. You can all go to WP on weekends and I'll ride Keystone with no one around. Then on a week day I'll ride WP.

As far as updates to the OP, I'd just give them a call. They're quicker to talk to you than update a web page.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia
    What?? Keystone, upgrades?? C'mon.. no way..

Ok, just teasing, sure would love to see them get on the bandwagon again, love riding there and used to spend all my lift access money there until last year...
    I think that Keystone doesn't feel the need to upgrade, because Breckenridge doesn't really offer DH riding. If they ever decided to do that, however, I bet Keystone steps up their game.

Free your heel...
    I hope they don't change a thing. Blue trails at Key are like double black trails at Winter.

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hopsalot
    I hope they don't change a thing. Blue trails at Key are like double black trails at Winter.
    That's only form lack of maintenance. j/k
    Team MOJO Wheels.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Don't worry about riding at keystone this summer.

The offishal word is summer ain't comin this year. No summer no mtb no nothing. keep your skis and boards waxed and enjoy an endless ski season. Total bummer but its da truth.

Free your heel...
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteele
    That's only form lack of maintenance. j/k
    And their lack of effort really shows.

Living the High Life
    And their lack of effort really shows.
    Not everything has to be a groomed berm.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Yeah, anyone who has a problem with braking bumps needs to take a suspension tuning clinic.

Free your heel...
    I agree, Keystone should just put the rakes and shovels away.

Living the High Life
    I agree, Keystone should just put the rakes and shovels away.
    There's a balance between rough trail and too much groomed. Not every corner needs to be bermed and some wide open sections should be bumpy. But if there are berms they shouldn't have braking bumps.

Happy now?

If this snow ever stops and the lifts open I won't care what they have, I'll be happy to ride.

Free your heel...
    Happy now?

Your preaching to the choir

bacon! bacon! bacon!

If this snow ever stops
    Not gonna happen.

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Yeah, anyone who has a problem with braking bumps needs to take a suspension tuning clinic.

And all the freds who ride at KS need to lay off the brakes and quite making braking bumps...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    And all the freds who ride at KS need to lay off the brakes and quite making braking bumps...
    Not Gonna Happen.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

killin clear creek
    People ride bikes at keystone still??? Hrmf, who knew?
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

I'm with stupid
    Im staying away from keystone this year, Im the making brake bumps master. Im the slow in determined, you all can be the fast and furious.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    I don't care about brake bumps or grooming.. but how about some new stuff.. something, please.. doesn't even have to be a new trail, just some new features on the existing trails.

I always have fun at keystone (except once when I thought it sucked but then it turned out I had the flu).. but I long for something new and exciting to appear..
    BBZ

mtbr member
    Yes, I agree. KS needs to step it up. WP and SV are setting a brisk pace in terms of adding new trails and features, top bike rentals and shops. KS has waited too long and allowed WP and SV to catch them.

However, let's face it: KS probably thinks DH is a loss leader. Only good to perhaps sustain ski passes and entertain wedding parties. I am waiting for the spectator bridge/path along the Milkyway jumps.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Keystone NEEDS new stuff. Their trail maintenance crews put so much time and effort into crap that didn't need attention. They pulled out roots last year on blue trails. . .WTF! There is maintenance that needs done but come on, lets not start sterilizing trails.

DH tracks are supposed to be rough, so ya. . .there are going to be brake bumps. That is the whole damn reason bike companies make floating rear ends.

Keystone has unlimited (and UNTAPPED) potential. They need to build more trails, more jumps (with more styles), and yes they do need a buff smooth trail like WP rainmaker as well in the mix.

Keystone NEEDS better trail managers who actually ride ALL types of MTB, not just slopestyle! Also, IMO, ski patrol should remain patrol, and not be building or working on trails with out proper leadership from good trail builders.

Also to bring in the folks with $$ new to gravity MTB (like the plenty that ride WP) keystone should invest immediatly in a green run, top to bottom, that is smooth, bermy and fun!! I would rather them make more 2x black trails but a green run is badly needed in their "trail mix" to remain competitive in the lift served market!

Please Keystone- build it and they will come. . . .again otherwise you will become Kum&Go

mtbr member
    Don't know if we'll get up there this year, but we always have a better time at WP. Gotta go figure out if I'm going to sell my Intense and get a ASR-7 first hmmmm....
    Jenn

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pmrider
    Keystone NEEDS new stuff. Their trail maintenance crews put so much time and effort into crap that didn't need attention. They pulled out roots last year on blue trails. . .WTF! There is maintenance that needs done but come on, lets not start sterilizing trails.

DH tracks are supposed to be rough, so ya. . .there are going to be brake bumps. That is the whole damn reason bike companies make floating rear ends.

Keystone has unlimited (and UNTAPPED) potential. They need to build more trails, more jumps (with more styles), and yes they do need a buff smooth trail like WP rainmaker as well in the mix.

Keystone NEEDS better trail managers who actually ride ALL types of MTB, not just slopestyle! Also, IMO, ski patrol should remain patrol, and not be building or working on trails with out proper leadership from good trail builders.

Also to bring in the folks with $$ new to gravity MTB (like the plenty that ride WP) keystone should invest immediatly in a green run, top to bottom, that is smooth, bermy and fun!! I would rather them make more 2x black trails but a green run is badly needed in their "trail mix" to remain competitive in the lift served market!

Please Keystone- build it and they will come. . . .again otherwise you will become Kum&Go
    I agree with the unlimited potential... but.. if they don't see the value in it, they aren't going to put the money into it.
    BBZ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast