Outcast

Wesy Magnolia is now legally open

So yea, go check out the work The US National Forest Service has contracted out for YOU. Totally legal and open to go there. Us locals have checked it out; time for the rest of you to see what we have to work with. You don't need a snowbike to get in there; what remains of the hobbit trails are unrideable anyway. Just bring whatever bike you have, and ride the widened 2wd roads that serviced the eastern and southern parts of the land. And feel free to ride directly across the slash-rich clear cuts that are a plenty. I especially recommend navigating your way to the south eastern part of the parcel, where the biggest clear cut in Colorado now exists. You will find it with a little diligence. Take in the view, and ask yourself, why did the FS think this particular cut was beneficial in any way?

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006
    Sorry to hear. What they did to Jamestown loop at the top was a shame. Debatable benefit to mitigate wildfires, you got to ask yourself is it just punishment for recreational areas?

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    So yea, go check out the work The US National Forest Service has contracted out for YOU. Totally legal and open to go there. Us locals have checked it out; time for the rest of you to see what we have to work with. You don't need a snowbike to get in there; what remains of the hobbit trails are unrideable anyway. Just bring whatever bike you have, and ride the widened 2wd roads that serviced the eastern and southern parts of the land. And feel free to ride directly across the slash-rich clear cuts that are a plenty. I especially recommend navigating your way to the south eastern part of the parcel, where the biggest clear cut in Colorado now exists. You will find it with a little diligence. Take in the view, and ask yourself, why did the FS think this particular cut was beneficial in any way?
    Tell us how you really feel

I might have.. uh.. gotten lost and accidentally wondered back there a few times in the past months. Crazy when you seriously can't even recognize where you are in an area you've ridden hundreds of times.

Goat of Legend
    Just sad and sorry to hear it. That place rode incredibly like the trails I learned to ride on in Greenville, NC. So much d@mn fun! I am happy they left that southwest section alone tho.....