Really I am that slow

Wends Evergreen!

How about a night ride up to Bergen Peak and around Elk Meadow http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail...lid=HGR075-050....

It well be an almost full moon, souldn't be much snow left, the weather sould be awsome....

Meet at the elk meadow parking lot at 7:45pm I well be taking the bus up to evergreen and riding back down to Denver. I'll be taking the 5:50 or 6:45 bus from the cvic center station. I think the light well be pertty darn good so you don't need the super bright light. Might grab a drink at http://www.tuscanytavern.com/ on the way home....

I'll be riding my fixie so any type of bike is welcome. Not planning on this being a hammer fest more just a fun ride.

Post here for questions or call me at 720-318-5382

Thanks, Dave Nice (slowerthensnot)
    Read my BLOG!

Nipple twister and bike builder at Borealis

http://www.borealisbikes.com/

You posted 14 hrs. ago, so I guess you meant the ride is today, Tuesday. Sounds like a good ride. I'm assuming you've ridden BP before - you will ride under a canopy of trees for a some sections so the moon may provide sparse lighting in those areas if you don't bring lights.

I won't do the ride w/ you but I may show up in the parking lot just to see for myself if you plan on climbing Bergen Peak on your fixie set up as 36/16, like you did the Walker Climb ride!! Jeez! 36/16, 9'er! I can't imagine riding that gear exclusively on Front Range climbs, even on paved roads.

Ed E

P.S. - probably not a big deal but just so you are aware the park might "officially" be closed at the time you want to ride. Doubt anyone will bother you about it though. I could never understand the ban on night riding in some parks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I'm pretty sure he means Wednesday night... look at the title of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    I'm pretty sure he means Wednesday night... look at the title of the thread
    Ha! You might be right.

I was trying to figure out "wends" in the context of his note but thought it somehow related to "wend", "to proceed on one's way" to Evergreen.

Thanks, I guess only STS can answer the question for sure.

Ed E

old skool newbie

definite maybe

lets see, I rode my bike to work today, planning again for tomorrow and Thursday morning; I don't think my SO would mind if I slipped in another 3 hours on the bike in the next couple of days, I sure got lucky picking her not sure if she feels the same about her choice
    anyway I will try to ride over there to meet you, but if not this time post 'er up again

and edemtbs- you might be too smart for your own good

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy
    and edemtbs- you might be too smart for your own good
    You got that right. I actually looked up the moon phases to see if the moon was going to be brighter tonight or tomorrow night (looked the same to me) and besides, anyone that puts a "P.S." at the end of an MTBR posting is automatically considered too smart for their own good

Ed E

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    Dave,

I would love to come but Cherry Creek time trials start tomorrow. Time for some road geek racing before MTB racing starts.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

Really I am that slow
    I was operating on very little sleep when I posted...

Then ride is on Wednesday the 12th. 36x16 is kinna hard on the front range but what goes up must come down 2:1 ratio or lower with a fixie hurts alot on the down hill. 36x16 I still have to spin like a monkey on crack on alot of downhills

Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    You posted 14 hrs. ago, so I guess you meant the ride is today, Tuesday. Sounds like a good ride. I'm assuming you've ridden BP before - you will ride under a canopy of trees for a some sections so the moon may provide sparse lighting in those areas if you don't bring lights.

I won't do the ride w/ you but I may show up in the parking lot just to see for myself if you plan on climbing Bergen Peak on your fixie set up as 36/16, like you did the Walker Climb ride!! Jeez! 36/16, 9'er! I can't imagine riding that gear exclusively on Front Range climbs, even on paved roads.

Ed E

P.S. - probably not a big deal but just so you are aware the park might "officially" be closed at the time you want to ride. Doubt anyone will bother you about it though. I could never understand the ban on night riding in some parks.
    Read my BLOG!

See That's Why...

Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    I was operating on very little sleep when I posted...

Then ride is on Wednesday the 12th. 36x16 is kinna hard on the front range but what goes up must come down 2:1 ratio or lower with a fixie hurts alot on the down hill. 36x16 I still have to spin like a monkey on crack on alot of downhills
    I don't want to ride fixie. I tried it and I ended up not going as fast as I wanted because I would "brake" pedal on the downhills, and you're right that can hurt after a while as does pedaling like a monkey on crack. That and I almost got flipped over the bars a couple of times when I forgot it was a fixie (being too smart for my own good doesn't mean my memory is any good). In some ways it was interesting to ride fixie but the inability to fly down trails was a big negative to me.

Anyway, I'll probably pop over to the the lot at about 7:45pm. I live less than a mile away. A mutual acquaintance knows you I think (she rides a Dragonfly) and I'd like to meet you. I probably won't ride though, early to bed for me on a weekday.

See ya -

Ed E

Really I am that slow

It wouldn't be a pink dragon?

Anyhow always nice to meet some more mtbr's.... See y'all tonight! or not
    Read my BLOG!

Pink Dragon - that'd be the one. I should call her to get her up here too. See you later!

Ed E

Excellent meeting you Dave! Looking forward to more rides.

Ed E

Really I am that slow

Good job! Nice to meet yah

Very cool to meet you. Well have to ride again soon.
    Read my BLOG!