Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Weekly Rides in Co. Springs

Are there any weekly rides (road or mountain) that anyone could recommend in Colorado Springs?
    Anything at a relaxed or moderate pace. I've tried a couple rides with some pro groups and I just get smoked.

Hairshirt Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by cosgti
    Are there any weekly rides (road or mountain) that anyone could recommend in Colorado Springs?
    Anything at a relaxed or moderate pace. I've tried a couple rides with some pro groups and I just get smoked.
    There is the Tuesday night ride that gets posted up every week. It goes off a bit too early for me, but it fits the relaxed/moderate pace requirement.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    but it fits the relaxed/moderate pace requirement.
    I resemble that remark! Yup, we do a ride pretty much every Tuesday at 4:30 somewhere in the Springs. Some of those who show are pretty fast riders, but they always are nice enough to wait for my slow ass. Check back here on Monday and you'll see a post titled "6/27/06 Springs Ride" where we will discuss where we're riding.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Let's start our own.

I'm a beginner who's been riding by myself or one other friend, but am looking for more rides.

Who wants to join up?

Team Inflexible

weekly rides

I would be interested in starting a weekly ride.

Kristians group seems inflexable and will not schedule rides later in the evening for the folks that get off work later.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude_72

Kristians group seems inflexable and will not schedule rides later in the evening for the folks that get off work later.
    We could be flexible when riding in Palmer Park with multiple meeting times, but who wants to wait until 5:30 or later if you could ride at 4:30?

3WP
    Funkifized
    I am riding Buckhorn-Captain Jacks today at 4PM for a moderatly paced ride. Definetely not relaxing but moderately paced. You are welcome to join.

3WP
    Funkifized
    I agree with Kristian. Plus they beat the afterwork rush of hikers,bikers and general trail users.

Inflexable...
    We only schedule them so early so Loudpawls can't go...

He would only slow us down from what I hear...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I live in the Campus Commons area, right across the street from the backside of PP off of Union and Austin Bluffs. I could hit that at almost any time.

Also, I guess the trailhead for Austin Bluffs Park is by the YMCA on Garden Ranch, which is right around the corner from my house. Those are the easiest places for me to get to, but I've also gone over to Ute Valley for a ride or two.

I'm game whenever.

Hairshirt Rider

Kristians group seems inflexable
    Yea, they are. They even ditched me the one time I tried to catch them at Ute. I could see them off in the distance, but couldn't catch them even at their moderate pace. I doubt the Pro Cycling train even caught up with them that night.

BTW, I believe the MTBr the idiom is "posse", as in "Kristian's posse seems inflexible"?
    Last edited by Loudpawlz; 06-22-2006 at 10:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

I can ride at 6pm on a weekday at either Palmer Park or the Canyon if horax and jaydude want to start a regular ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Later rides also work better for me also. I usually don't get out of work until 4:30 or 5:00. So if anyone wants to start a weekly ride later in the day I'm up for it.

Jackass
    I'm up for easy/moderate paced rides around town that start later, or on thursdays or fridays. I keep kind of an odd schedual so its hard for me to join some of these regular rides.

Team Inflexible
    As I said Kristians possee is inflexable. It seems to be more of a clicky Brokeback Mountain Bike club anyways.

Lets start a weekly ride starting at 6:00pm. Tuesdays or Thursdays work best for me. It is not getting dark until close to 9:00 so we can get some good rides in. I dont believe in shuttles. I like to earn my downhill but have no problem riding with beginner to advanced level riders. We can pick rides that are good for all skill levels. Mt Herman, Section 16, Jacks etc.

Inflexable...
    I N F L E X I B L E

would be the correct spelling...and how would you know?

Maybe you shouldn't be such an @sshat...

I think I can.

Dude Relax

As I said Kristians possee is inflexable. It seems to be more of a clicky Brokeback Mountain Bike club anyways.

Lets start a weekly ride starting at 6:00pm. Tuesdays or Thursdays work best for me. It is not getting dark until close to 9:00 so we can get some good rides in. I dont believe in shuttles. I like to earn my downhill but have no problem riding with beginner to advanced level riders. We can pick rides that are good for all skill levels. Mt Herman, Section 16, Jacks etc.
    Just because a group wants to go out early does not mean crap, we rode yesterday at 6 and life is perfect.
    Post your rides and if I can make it I will, alway's fun just to ride, and company is always better.

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    I'm not sure what I did/said to piss you off... Whatever though, I hope you enjoy your late riding, homophobic world.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thursday's are bad for me since I play basketball at 7:00-by the way, if anybody wants to play some pickup ball, let me know and I can send you directions. We're always looking for players!

Tuesdays sounds like the best day...either Tuesday or Friday. The EASIEST for me would be PP or Austin Bluffs since they're right by my house. If we were going to do Jack's or anything else, I'll probably need to bring the car to work or something and meet y'all there. I can do that, but it's easiest for me to go to PP.

Ah, well, just let me know when and where and I'll try to make it.

What kind of bikes do you guys ride? I haven't ridden in like 12 years when I bought my new bike a few weeks back...got an Iron Horse at a great price with decent components. My buddy here at work has a Santa Cruz, and he'd probably join us on the rides, too.

Hairshirt Rider
    dude - lighten up. You are not the only one who can't get out at 4:30 and ride. You are probably a decent guy, but you aren't coming across as one.

Now that this thread is jacked, please start a new for your ride next week. That way cosgti and others have another option.

mtbr member

Who's inflexible now? You want to ride on Tuesday or Thursdays, start at 6:00pm and you won't shuttle. And by the way, just cause we are doing a "shuttle" doesn't mean that it is ALL downhill. There is usually plenty of pedaling on my 40+ pound bike so I think I "earn" my downhill as well.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Brokeback mtn huh? now that you say it I have kinda wondered about Joe and Kurt, wasn't sure but you never know??
    Guess sooomebody won't be at the next Tues ride, you know the one that starts at the most inflexable time of 4:30.

BTW, I wont make it next week, some people have to work ya know

mtbr member
    if by inflexable you mean riding everyday then i am guilty. as for clicky, i just like to be seen with the popular people.

Team Inflexible
    This blog is funny....

You guys have been making me laugh all day...

Remember its just another thread on the internet. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch. Or maybe in this case I should say saddles.

Inflexable...
    I am here purely for entertainment purposes...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast