l i v i n'

New question here. Weekend Riding - Loveland, Longmont, Fort Collins?

I am looking to ride this weekend and I have already made the winter trek to Pueblo and one time down is enough for me. I see all the great posts and pictures from hall? bobcat? devil's backbone? (Northern Front Range Rides)
    I am coming from the Jeffco Front Range and have no info on these trail systems. Could someone respond with the best place (dry - good miles - tech is ok). Please include directions from major high ways and if its not to much a good place to grab a good post beer ride. Also if anyone is up for playing tour guide I am always up for a group ride. Thanks for the Beta!
    l i v i n'

skillz to pay billz
    things are slowly melting(in boulder), there is a chance. Will need real trail reports to really know.

holding back the darkness
    Hasn't been any snow since that last little dump..... but been cold. As long as you make it out before things thaw you're prolly in good shape. I'll try to pry myself from my chores this afternoon and take a ride out there to see.
    Typically though, it seems that the DBB dries out most quickly with Bobcat (Ginny) shortly thereafter.
    **** censorship

Shattering Glass
    Devil/Blue sky should be in good shape this weekend. This will be the warmest this year hopefully.The trail begins on 34 and goes North to FT Collins/ resevoir

Moderator Moderator
    Man, I'd hit it early if I were you...like before 10am. We got about 4" of snow on Tuesday, and if it is as warm as they are saying it's gonna be one sloppy mess off road this weekend. Devils backbone will be the best bet for sure.
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    Man, I'd hit it early if I were you...like before 10am. We got about 4" of snow on Tuesday, and if it is as warm as they are saying it's gonna be one sloppy mess off road this weekend. Devils backbone will be the best bet for sure.
    straight-on accurate

Even Devil's Backbone is going to be sloppy once it warms up from this week's snow. Beware of icy rocks while frozen.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

l i v i n'

Thanks for the Beta

It sounds like it may not quite be ready yet with the snow from tuesday and melt expected. Plus NB 25 is closed with a sink hole. It looks like grinding out a few long miles on the road bike will be the alternative. We are headed to Moab the following weekend for the YETI Thaw event, so hopefully I will be able to make it up north soon. Thanks for the input and it sounds like devil's backbone is the place to ride!
    l i v i n'

Phknbiknrid'n
    Jun 2005

Ginny Trail and Devils Backbone Report

Here's a couple of photos of the local trails. Ginny trail is snowed in still. Snow packed ice. Devils Backbone is great. A few snowy spots and about 10 feet of muddy trail, Good riding. Photos as of Noon on today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris

"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time."

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I've never been up there but was planning to go maybe Sunday. I noticed 2 trailheads for DB, would I be better off starting from the one just off of 34 or the one I think said coyote ridge.

holding back the darkness
    the one off hwy 34 is the way to go. I don't know what the coyote ridge sie is like in terms of snow cover. have fun!
    **** censorship