Wish I was riding
    Oct 2004

Weekday afternoon Rides in Ft. Collins anyone?

I'm sophomore at CSU and I'm out of class at 11:00 on M. and Fri. and 2:00 on Tue. Thurs. so I have a lot of time to ride, but no one to ride with. I usually ride to Maxwell trail and do Maxwell to Shoreline and sometimes Mishod Lane. Anyways, if anyone is available to ride any of those times, let me know.

Moderator Moderator

Wish I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Addict
    I have a lot of time to ride, but no one to ride with.
    Ahhh...the joys of being a college student!

I wish I could ride during those hours, but i've got an 8-5 job. Do you ride weekends? Those work a little better...

Have Fun, Brett
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

mtbr member
    Hey, I'm a sophomore a CSU too. But I'm so much cooler than you. Yea, I'd have to say I'm a better rider. and my bike is so much cooler too. Its the orange rims. You know, on second thought, I think Ive ridden with you before, in Moab maybe? and arent you the guy im going to fruita with too? well then nevermind, you could just come down the street to my house. IM OUT. HAHA, got you good.

mtbr member
    I'm sophomore at CSU and I'm out of class at 11:00 on M. and Fri. and 2:00 on Tue. Thurs. so I have a lot of time to ride, but no one to ride with. I usually ride to Maxwell trail and do Maxwell to Shoreline and sometimes Mishod Lane. Anyways, if anyone is available to ride any of those times, let me know.

We're definitely going to have to ride together now....NOW THAT WE HAVE THE SAME BIKE!!! AND HELMET!!!! AND GRIPS!!!! Holy crap, we're like twins. We're gonna have to get the same jerseys and tell people we're sponsored.......it'd work. When I was in vegas this weekend I rode some sweet trails up here. Over christmas break, Mike is talking about coming out to Vegas to stay with me and ride up there, maybe you could come to. The riding is really nice, I did only mild XC tails, but I've heard nasty rumors about the DH trails, so I'm excited to try em. bootlegcanyon.com

Bodhisattva
    Brett,

you back in the saddle yet?
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    i can hit some rides up there. my work schedule varies greatly, and i have days off during the week much of the time. post up beforehand when/where, and i'm sure myself and some others may head up there to ride. only been up there a few times, and i'd not mind seeing more of the trails around there.

dave
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    yea, there are some pretty nice trails at horsetooth. i really dont ride them too much though, or at least i havent in a while. i really need to get back up there a lot more

Moderator Moderator
    yea baby...back at it again. Actually rode my bike into work today too (12 degrees when I left).

I'm Full rigid though, so i'm not too fast on the rocks and drops.

From the posts below, it seems like we should have a mini-gathering up this way.

Weekends work best for me at this point.

Bodhisattva
    Congrats on the new ride. Lots of smoke coming off Boyd Lake this morning.

Agreed. Weekends are best for now.

I'm not yet on the fully rigid bandwagon. I'm sorta moving in the opposite direction and have a 6" dualie on the way. Wheeeee...........

― Albert Einstein

Time is not a road.
    Mark, why don't you just get a job instead

Moderator Moderator
    Lol...well, i'm riding rigid because of the whole garage door/bike on roof situation.

For riding horsetooth and around horsetooth reservoir on a full rigid...it's just plain torture (but better than not riding at all.) My forearms and sholders are sure getting stronger!

I'm trying to get a 4" travel 29"er myself...I hear ya on the 6" thing! Ventana in your near future?

~Brett

Wish I was riding
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Mark, why don't you just get a job instead
    Jobs are for people with small minds...

Why get a job when I can ride every day?
    You'd be surprised how long the body can survive on ramen.

Bodhisattva
    Brett,

sorry for the delayed reply. didn't see your follow-up.
    I rode with Jeff (jl) who has a Lenz 29" dualie. Looks like a nice ride. I haven't yet tried a 29" so I can't say that I "get it" but I'd like to try.

Ventana for me? No. Waiting on the Turner 6-Pack.

― Albert Einstein

Time is not a road.
    Jobs are for people with small minds...

Why get a job when I can ride every day?
    You'd be surprised how long the body can survive on ramen.
    mmmmm, Ramen.

Can't wait to see the new bike. I've seen some pics here and there. It looks killer. If you handn't just bought that new fork, I'd think mine was a perfect match for your bike.

What are you going to do with the Spec. frame?

Wish I was riding
    Oct 2004

Love the new bike

Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    mmmmm, Ramen.

Can't wait to see the new bike. I've seen some pics here and there. It looks killer. If you handn't just bought that new fork, I'd think mine was a perfect match for your bike.

What are you going to do with the Spec. frame?
    Took it out for it's first ride this Tuesday. It's pretty sweet. Climbs better than it should. (I think it weighs close to 40 lbs.) I took it down Maxwell and it felt scary fast compared to my hardtail.

Right now the specialized frame is hanging on the wall in my room. I'd like to build it up eventually for jumping/urban. I wish you were selling that fork before I bought mine, but alas, I'll settle for the "Dropoff II."

Are you riding this weekend at all? Mike's bike is still in the shop. My other riding friend's bike is being parted out, and my dad is in no shape to ride yet. I'd like to ride Saturday and/or Sunday depending on the weather.

Time is not a road.
    Took it out for it's first ride this Tuesday. It's pretty sweet. Climbs better than it should. (I think it weighs close to 40 lbs.) I took it down Maxwell and it felt scary fast compared to my hardtail.

Right now the specialized frame is hanging on the wall in my room. I'd like to build it up eventually for jumping/urban. I wish you were selling that fork before I bought mine, but alas, I'll settle for the "Dropoff II."

Are you riding this weekend at all? Mike's bike is still in the shop. My other riding friend's bike is being parted out, and my dad is in no shape to ride yet. I'd like to ride Saturday and/or Sunday depending on the weather.
    Brian and I will probably ride Sat and/or Sunday, but I'm not sure. Larry has my bike right now. I broke a spoke last weekend up at Hall Ranch. E-mail me your phone # and when/if we go, I'll give you a call.