mtbr member

Way to warm? Not at Walker..........

Decided with all the beautiful weather and muddy trails to go a little higher today, so we went to Walker, and it was great if you're into treacherous downhills, icy stairs and brutal climbs. I am, so it was freakin' awesome!

Took about an hour longer than normal to ride it, which wasn’t too bad. There was very little mud except on the fire road on the East side, and some along the river before the last climb. All the South facing trails that weren't shaded were dry. The rest were covered in snow, lot and lots of snow. I'd like to thank all the hikers who packed it down though, it made a huge difference. See, who says hikers are good for nothing.

We were running short on time, so didn't get as many pics as we wanted. I'll post some more when I get Brian's. I apologize for the black & whites, didn't realize that setting was
    on.
    DSCN1231.JPG

DSCN1230.JPG

DSCN1229.JPG

DSCN1227.JPG

DSCN1226.JPG

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Cool, where'd ya get the sweet pads?
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

skillz to pay billz
    yeah did walker about three weeks ago. same dealio, the back side switch backs just about killed me as did the 'stairs from an icy hell'. good times!

...drat...
    Wow, pretty cool. Walker on a brakeless fixie. I can imagine it, but just barely...

Old, stale, negative
    I just got to check this for the first time. I'm an idiot for agreeing to do this ride. After we were finally done I got tell ya, I can't wait to be back in the summer not thinking about the elements and thinking more about the DOS( degree of suffering). Good stuff, but I'd prefer to not have to deal with a 7 mile route as opposed to a mid summer 30 mile day. Whatever, riding is riding. I'll post some pics when i settle here in Vegas..... you know I'm not going to settle in Vegas.... so expect them early next week when I get home.

Old, stale, negative
    In a hotel waiting out the elements. The weather is ugly in western CO right now. I promise those pics tomorrow.