Thread: Waterton/Rox

mtbr member

Good job! Waterton/Rox

I heard a rumor that Roxborough loop has been sanitized. Especially the last drop by the tree. True? False?
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    I heard a rumor that Roxborough loop has been sanitized. Especially the last drop by the tree. True? False?
    Just rode it yesterday. Don't ride it often, but there was trail work just above where the roxborough loop meets back up with 1776, near the dam. A switch back was put in, likely for erosion and speed control. Not for the purpose of sanitization. It's national forest right? NFS doesn't have too much extra cash for trail work at all me thinks. I doupt they'd waste money sanitizing an otherwise functional trail. Didn't notice any other sections that had been worked on at all...couple good small rock drops. There is a cheater line someone (not official) put in around a tree. The real line could be rolled (steep) or dropped. Maybe this is what you're talking about? If so, it's still good.
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

mtbr member

Good job! come out saturday and see for yourself...

-
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Trail Sanitizer
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    The very bottom of the Loop past the drop by the tree has been redone by the FS. I would say it effects a grand total of a 1/4 mile of trail. That bottom section was badly eroded so they 'cleaned' it up and put in some places for the water to run off the trail.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    thnaks all for ithe 411. I'll try to make the trail work, got a bar-mitzvah to attend.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldozer
    The very bottom of the Loop past the drop by the tree has been redone by the FS. I would say it effects a grand total of a 1/4 mile of trail. That bottom section was badly eroded so they 'cleaned' it up and put in some places for the water to run off the trail.
    Last I rode, it was only a section of trail well below the tree "drop"... it had been torn out and rebuilt. The dirt was extremely loose, but nothing had been sanitized to speak of really.