mtbr member

Waterton To Indian Creek

Anyone know what the mileage is to the campground? How technical is it after you get to the roxborough loop intersection?

That's what she said
    Apr 2006
    It has been a while since I have done this trail but I think it is something like 13 miles from the waterton parking lot to the campground. Again I THINK. It is a lot of uphill from the rox loop to the campground, not too technical, just a steady climb with some small DH sections. Tons of DH once you get to the campground though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    We rode from the 1st campgound on the right just after you pass the Rampart Range turnoff to the bottom of Waterton and it was about 20 miles. I do not recall the name of the campground. A fun fast trail and not technical. We rode it in just over 2 hours. Waterton up is a whole nother story.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    That's one of the best rides on the front range (and 5 minutes from my door ) - let me know when you want to hit it.

It's even better if you climb up through Nelson OS to Indian Creek to Waterton, which is somewhere around 32 miles - the road riding is the only part that's not a blast.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    That's one of the best rides on the front range (and 5 minutes from my door ) - let me know when you want to hit it.

It's even better if you climb up through Nelson OS to Indian Creek to Waterton, which is somewhere around 32 miles - the road riding is the only part that's not a blast.

Wow!!! That trail sounds pretty cool! Do you think you could show me sometime?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    Wow!!! That trail sounds pretty cool! Do you think you could show me sometime?
    I'd be happy to. It's a great ride, the only catch is that we have to ride through Rox. Park (the nice neighborhood with all the muckety mucks) - and then we have to come back through Waterton on the service road - obviously. From NOS, you climb about 2200 ft or so, once you've reached the top though, you can descend on ST into the campgrounds and head (predominately) down Bear Creek until you hit the turn off for the Rox Loop, at which point you can ride the loop, head up CO Trail toward the Platte - or go past Lenny's rest to the canyon. The ride itself is a blast.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member

Very cool. Thanks for the info guys. I was planning on taking my son up there for an early season camping trip on the trail-a-bike. Looks like it won't happen this weekend though.

Josh, let me know when you have some time to ride it.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontRanger

Josh, let me know when you have some time to ride it.
    Sounds like a plan - if you guys want (you guys being you and Brent), we can just try to set a date sometime soon. Mondays are open, as are many of the weekends - how about the 22nd - 9am? Tentatively?
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    how about the 22nd - 9am? Tentatively?
    Sounds good to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Sounds like a plan - if you guys want (you guys being you and Brent), we can just try to set a date sometime soon. Mondays are open, as are many of the weekends - how about the 22nd - 9am? Tentatively?
    Would like too but I'm pretty sure I'll be in Nathrop...

mtbr member
    Would like too but I'm pretty sure I'll be in Nathrop...
    nathrop... riding?
    i've been down there a few times w/ the jeep, but never the bike. good riding?
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

mtbr member
    yo zilla,

i'd take you up on that offer sometime too... never been down there. was actually thinking about maybe this sunday, but i've heard it doesn't usually get dry until may so i assume not so good this weekend.

do you know otherwise?

thanks.

terry
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    nathrop... riding?
    i've been down there a few times w/ the jeep, but never the bike. good riding?
    Racing! http://www.rpmcycling.org/race/yeti_..._schedule.html

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    yo zilla,

i'd take you up on that offer sometime too... never been down there. was actually thinking about maybe this sunday, but i've heard it doesn't usually get dry until may so i assume not so good this weekend.

do you know otherwise?

thanks.

terry
    Sounds cool. I may be back in the area today, I'll report back once I know how it's looking.
    Now with more vitriol!

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Yeah - I'll probably be up there on Sunday, but I don't plan to be racing (unless my Endless grows gear and I decide I want to race MTX) so it'll be a one day thing.
    Now with more vitriol!