mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Good job! Waterton Canyon/Colorado Trail

Hey all, I've done the Roxborough lollipop loop out here many times in the past but for the very first time this past weekend I ventured a short distance down the CO trail. After some great riding, I was wondering if someone could briefly write up or point me to a mtber desription of time/distance down the CO trail to various check points (and back) from Lenny's bench. Obviously, time is dependent upon skill but I'd gather anyone riding this route to be moderate/advanced. Unfortunately for me, my time on Sunday was limited and I turned around at some old motorcycle trail crossing (not the first set) where there was a lookout point overlooking some lake with vistas of the burn area. A nice stopping point for lunch up on those rocks (a few minute hike up off the trail). The ride back made for some sweet fast single track descents. Combined with the roxborough loop on the way back this made for a nice 3 hour ride including lunch and rest stops....wish I had more time!

Btw, a Nobby Nic F/R set up was perfect for this fast somewhat non-technical ride.

PS: I know many do not like the fire road up (including myself), but there sure is some sweet single track on the back side! I just think long warmup and haul ass to the single track!

Slacker

Did that yesterday

We went from waterton to buff creek parking lot, met up with some friends there for a ride back to denver. I am not sure of the distance, it took us a lil over 4 hours to get there. Trail was very nice and the weather was perfect. Once u get down to the south platte trailhead, the trail is a loose steep climb with erosion in the middle of the trail from water. Had to walk some, couldnt get the traction on the SS, but the girl i was with rode about all of it. After u get up the climb, its a bunch a nice rollin single track, thru some of the burn area on the east side of 126.

I would like to know the distance or elevation if anyone has that info?!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I found this link: http://www.singletracks.com/php/data...d=6&&page_no=2

Looks like your distance was 27 (17 + 10) based on the 2 relevant out and back rides; Waterton to South Platte and South Platte to Buffalo Creek.

Members who have read this thread: 0